Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hi all,
    we today I had cause to visit a customer in Fort William ( Highlands of Scotland ).....I had forgotten just what a beautiful road trip it can be, in almost any season.

Left Cumbernauld this morning after refuelling to the brim and resetting trip computer.

I started off with really good intentions re mpg and took it nice n easy, seeing 51.3mpg for the first 20 odd miles or so, this started to tumble of course to the mid 40's.

I travelled on the M80, Then M9 to Stirling, exiting for Callandar, bypassing Doune on the A84 / A85, onwards up to Crianlarich ( no stop at the Green Welly today )
    Then it was the A82 through Glencoe ( checking the waterfall we visit in the summer sometimes in full flow )

This one is of me and the boys up at this waterfall a few summers ago

up to Ballahulish and finally down the lochside to Fort William

What it looks like in summer / Autumn

what it looked like today

Saw Nessie today too...

I got some great mpg and covered 246 miles, but then my lead foot got the better of me as its just a great road for driving and ended up with 39.4mpg at the end of the day....with trip showing 305 miles left to empty.

Car performed flawlessly, grace, pace n space all the way....

Sorry for the generic images, but would you believe I didn't have time to stop?

Still kicking myself....

MY2008 (58) XJ X358 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign
    LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    MY2007 Audi A6 2.0 Tdi SE (BRE)
    176bhpStratos Blue.Front & Rear park assist,Comms Pack High,19" RS4 alloys,Rear tints,Dipped bulbs 80W,Mainbeams & Foglights 100W,Number plate LED's,Interior LED's

2 2 0

2. Re: Road trip - stunning scenery - mpg 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Beautiful Jim, the autumn picture is better than any "new England in the fall" photograph we usually see.

1 1 0

3. Re: Road trip - stunning scenery - mpg 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks Doc, I always enjoy that run, its beautiful at any time of year.

The problem is.....
    Its such a beautiful drive that you want to take your time, enjoy it, make a stop or two and take some pics, but....

The road is so good, can be quiet or sometimes fairly busy, but a great place to get the foot down too.

MY2008 (58) XJ X358 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign
    LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    MY2007 Audi A6 2.0 Tdi SE (BRE)
    176bhpStratos Blue.Front & Rear park assist,Comms Pack High,19" RS4 alloys,Rear tints,Dipped bulbs 80W,Mainbeams & Foglights 100W,Number plate LED's,Interior LED's

1 0 0

4. Re: Road trip - stunning scenery - mpg 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Amazing scenery

1 1 0