1. Windows lowered 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Weird question, but has anyone ever come back to a locked car and found all the windows lowered, despite having them all fully closed when the car was left secure? Happened to me today. The rear windows were fully down and the fronts about 2/3rd lowered. It can't have happened for long, as it had been raining here about an hour before I went out to it and there was no wet inside the car. Vehicle is 2002 A6 Avant Quattro. I've had it for 3 years and never had that happen before.

0 0 0

2. Re: Windows lowered 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Is there anyway you could have pressed and held the unlock button? That can lower the windows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

1 0 0

3. Re: Windows lowered 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    You had better check under the passenger footwell carpet for signs of water. The plenum chamber drains may be blocked and the water has come in through the pollen air filter. Shine a touch down the side of the battery and see if there is a reflection in any retained water. The CCM is under the carpet and may be wet. Regards Peter

1 0 0

4. Re: Windows lowered 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallyman View Post
    Weird question, but has anyone ever come back to a locked car and found all the windows lowered, despite having them all fully closed when the car was left secure?
    Indeed.

It happened to a 2001 1.8T avant quattro I owned in the middle of the night. Well, I actually owned it in daylight too, and I can't say categorically that it was exactly in the middle of the night because I was asleep, but I went to bed with all the windows shut and in the morning they were all down as far as they'd go.

Nobody sat on the key, and since I don't wear pyjamas I couldn't have had the keys in the pocket and slept on them. And besides, the pyjamas I did have - a present that I never wore - didn't have a pocket. They didn't have a button on the fly either, so had I worn them I'd probably have had a recurrence of one of the things that put me off wearing them in the first place.

A todger that fell out at the most inconvenient and embarrassing times imaginable.

Anyway, it transpired that I was lucky on two counts. Count one was that it hadn't rained in the night, and count two was that none of the many thieves, petty criminals and ne'er-do-wells who frequent our neighbourhood stopped to wonder how I'd got the windows so extraordinarily clean.

The doubloons and uncut sapphires strewn casually on the passenger seat were still there when the postman strolled by the next morning, whistling the theme to Doctor Finlay's Casebook.

I had the one-touch window drop feature disabled the next time the car went for a service, and it didn't happen again. It was a feature I didn't miss in the slightest. Not once did I dash my fist into the open palm of the other hand and curse the day that I had it disabled. In fact, with the considerable benefit afforded by hindsight, I struggled to think of one single occasion when it would have been useful.

I forgot all about it.

Until...

...several years later, and blow me down if exactly the same thing didn't happen to the allroad I still have. No sat-on keys, no pyjamas - with yawning flies or otherwise - and no damp in the convenience unit.

By the by, damp in Mrs Phutters' convenience unit was another of the reasons for a profound dislike of pyjamas. They always seemed to get themselves in an inextricable knot at precisely the time one needed to get the damned things off. Such opportunities become increasingly rare with the passage of time and the familiarities of a long marriage.

Lady Luck smiled on me this time too. The night of the second window-lowering feature failure was dry, and none of the late night revellers staggering noisily by noticed neither the score of still-warm pheasants nor the five corpulent brown trout grinning on the rear seat.

Though I do suspect that one of them was responsible for an item of suspiciously human-sized ordure left partially hidden under the tall privet hedge at the end of the drive.

Some people are so disgusting.

I put it down to a glitch.

I don't see what else it could have been.

2 2 0

5. Re: Windows lowered 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I don't think so, as the keys were in my hand at the time and not being pressed in any way. I noticed it from about 20 feet away and usually the keys don't register until about 10 feet from the car.

0 0 0

6. Re: Windows lowered 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No, the car is totally dry and the only time any water got down there was when the garage tried to fix my non-working rear washer and pulled the connection out in the front footwell. Been fine since then.

0 0 0

7. Re: Windows lowered 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Does the interior light over the rear seat work as it should ?

0 0 0

8. Re: Windows lowered 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phutters View Post
    Indeed.

It happened to a 2001 1.8T avant quattro I owned in the middle of the night.
    I forgot all about it.

Until...

...several years later, and blow me down if exactly the same thing didn't happen to the allroad I still have. No sat-on keys, no pyjamas - with yawning flies or otherwise - and no damp in the convenience unit.

I put it down to a glitch.

I don't see what else it could have been.
    Thanks, so at least I'm not the only one. For the time being I've activated the window lock, so hopefully it won't happen again.

0 0 0