Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mud ones.

Had a browse over at Ebay as one of my mudflaps is loose so I thought I would get a new set.

Can't work out which ones will fit though, seems to be a lot of "universal" ones pretending to be genuine.

Anyone got any links to a decent set ? This is for an Avant.

Cheers

0 0 0

2. Re: Flaps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    I think I paid £37 a pair from main dealer, not worth going ebay on these and having to cut etc.

When you say 'loose' do you mean one of the fixing is loose, if so can't you simply re secure or tighten up?
    XK8 96 Dyno'd at 305 and LPG converted, a mere 65ppl
    A6 07 3.0 quattro tip SE Limo, black,black leather/tints /black alloys/towbar/Alientech Eco Remap/quads/Rear DVD screens/Pogo Alert+

0 0 0

3. Re: Flaps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Buy nothing but genuine.

0 0 0

4. Re: Flaps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkTM View Post
    I think I paid £37 a pair from main dealer, not worth going ebay on these and having to cut etc.

When you say 'loose' do you mean one of the fixing is loose, if so can't you simply re secure or tighten up?
    One is hanging off but not had a chance to look too closely. I don't think they are genuine so a full on set would be useful.

Anyone know of a supplier of genuine ones online - with my current pre-christmas schedule the chance of getting to Edinburgh Audi is about the same as landing a fridge safely on a comet...

Maybe a sponsor ?

0 0 0

5. Re: Flaps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

2009 - A6 2.7 TDI (CANA) - S Line - Avant (Multitronic) Daytona Grey.
    Ross-Tech - http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/tour/main_screen.html
    Screen capture - FastStone Screen Capture - The Best Screen Capture Software

1 0 0

6. Re: Flaps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Bought a set of rears from the above, I will take some photos when I get them.

0 0 0

7. Re: Flaps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I painted my flaps same as car. Much easier to keep clean than the black plastic.

0 0 0

8. Re: Flaps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arragonis View Post
    Bought a set of rears from the above, I will take some photos when I get them.
    Won't it look like any other A6 with genuine flaps? Better if you took pics of the old and the new then we can see the diffo betwixt aftermarket and genuine

Roy, please advise on the process for painting your flaps? What primer did you use and did you do both sides? If easy will look to do the same on mine when the Spring comes!
    XK8 96 Dyno'd at 305 and LPG converted, a mere 65ppl
    A6 07 3.0 quattro tip SE Limo, black,black leather/tints /black alloys/towbar/Alientech Eco Remap/quads/Rear DVD screens/Pogo Alert+

0 0 0

9. Re: Flaps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Roy, please advise on the process for painting your flaps? What primer did you use and did you do both sides? If easy will look to do the same on mine when the Spring comes!

Waste of time doing the side nearest to the tyre, it will only stone chip.

For the back side :-

1. First, get the flaps into hot water with washing up liquid in it (like when you do the dishes) and give the flaps a good scrubbing with a scotch pad.
    2. Dry the flaps.
    3. Mask off the tyre side of the flaps
    4. Give the part of the flaps that are to be painted a light spray with Plastic adhesion promoter SPRAYMAX 1K PLASTIC ADHESION PROMOTER 400ML AEROSOL PRIMER SPRAY 680009 | eBay
    5. Next a coat of plastic primer, I used white because that’s the colour of the primer on the car.
    6. Let the primer dry.
    7. Give them a couple of coats of top coat.
    If you have metallic paint you will have to finish off with clear lacquer.
    Last edited by royclark; 18-12-2014 at 08:39 PM.

1 0 0

10. Re: Flaps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I am also thinking about getting these flaps, primarily from the perspective of trying to keep the car cleaner - would you say the flaps help lessen the spray up dirt on the side of the car behind the wheel arches, or this wouldn't be too noticeable? I don't have big issues with stone chips there, but lots of tar spots alway to clean up.. Many thanks..
    2009 A6 Avant (C6) SE 2.0 TDI 136HP multitronic

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast