1. Re: Facelift tail lights available 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    To do the mod I've done you just need to remove the outer lights, not the one attached to the boot lid.

I've also seen that company's are stating that the facelift lights can't be used for UK cars. No idea why as they both have two reverse lights, two fog lights etc etc. I went this route as they are much cheaper than the new lights and also don't want any shocks come MOT time.

I am on the hunt for a facelift A7 that has been written off though and I will see what I can do with them. I have spoken to hazzydays about it and they said they will offer a UK version in March 2015. I've expressed an interest and they will be in touch when something is ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

1 0 0

2. Re: Facelift tail lights available 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well I've bit the bullet and ordered a new tail set for my 2013 A7 from the guys at BKS Tuning (German) They have kept me in the loop as they developed the product and told me over the weekend that the UK version was ready to go

Just have to figure out how to remove the lights now!

I'll keep you posted!

JW.

0 0 0

3. Re: Facelift tail lights available 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Will be following the progress JW!

I just had a look at the A6 version, but BKS Tuning seem to be more expensive than Kufatec. http://www.bks-tuning.com/audi/a6-s6...erion-kit.html http://www.kufatec.co.uk/shop/en/aud...hts-audi-a6-4g

0 0 0

4. Re: Facelift tail lights available 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I wasn't doing a price comparison. The Kufatec ones are not yet available to purchase, and that message has been on their site since well before Christmas. The BKS ones are available now and now coded for the UK (not that its clear what the difference is to be honest)

The only thing I like about the revised A7 are the rear lights (I already have LED headlights) Im not a fan of the revised exhaust and prefer my AWE Quad exhaust way more The revised MMI with 4G and integrated dash display between the dials is pretty cool, but not cool enough to buy a new car over!

Ill post some LED Tail pictures once Ive fitted them (a few weeks off as Im out the country for a week on Sunday)

JW.

0 0 0

5. Re: Facelift tail lights available 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well the retrofit A7 rear LED kit from BKS was waiting for me when I got home yesterday from overseas.

Lights are OEM as expected of course.

The retrofit cables are very high quality, with all the actual connectors being Audi/VW parts. The cable loom is finished to a very high standard.

There are no supplied fitting instructions which is a bit of a bugger TBA, as it means Im going to have to figure everything out as I go along, and with it being close to 0 degrees outside (Ive just gotten back from 36 degrees!) Im not in the mood to be faffing around for a few hours figuring where all the cables go.

There is a supplied adaptor module which needs to be connected to both the inner and outer light clusters, hence the long (coiled up) cable shown in the picture. Its only two core, but I can already foresee it being a PITA to run the cable to the tailgate mounted light (x2 for Left & Right sides) Reading up online, the lighting control module is different for the facelift A7 (I assume a6 also) so there are no "plug and play" electronics inbuilt to the revised lamps.

There is no VAG-Com coding required for the revised lights.

There is a wiring diagram supplied (all in German) thats basically a wiring schematic showing the colours. The extra black and red plugs are for the wire between the control module (fitted in the outside light position) and the inner light. I think the red one means Im going to have to remove the original outboard light connector and change the pins around, to allow the adaptor to be plugged into the original car loom - that bit will be trial and error!

Ive attached a scanned copy of the diagram, if we have any German speakers who could translate it for me, that would be great (I already know the colours, its just the more technical words Im struggling with and Google Translate doesn't really help)

Does anyone have any tips for running cables inside the tailgate??

I'll keep you posted, once it warms up a bit outside!

Audi A7 LED's.jpgAudi A7 Rear LED Retrofit Wiring.jpg

0 0 0

6. Re: Facelift tail lights available 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    The module looks similar to what I bought to make mine semi dynamic. I'd guess the two plastic connectors replace the current connectors in the car so you will need to take them apart. As for running the cable to the inside light, ive no idea - sorry

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

0 0 0

7. Re: Facelift tail lights available 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well 3 hours after starting, I have the RHS up and running

Removing the interior trim on the tailgate was a total mare - at least for me as Id not removed it before. I didn't want to break anything so was cautious about just forcing everything. Once you figure out where the clips and screws are (behind the warning triangle!) everything just pops without too much drama.

Getting to the outer light is easy once you realise the black rubber cover just pops from the front edge then pulls straight back, revealing two T20 bolts.

The inner lights are held by two T30 bolts under two plastic bungs beneath the spoiler, and one nut inside.

I had to exchange the outer original (red) connector with the flat black one, which then plugged into the module. And I had to change the inner light black 6 pin connector for the red 10 pin one. The outer one was no problem, however the inner one colour codes were different (anything white was in fact grey)

As expected, running the new twin cable between the module and the inner light on the tailgate was a pig to do, but easy once you figure out how to remove the trim covers.

The youtube clip shows the dynamic indicator running. The effect is a much more pronounced LED sweep left to right than is obvious in the clip.

LHS tomorrow. Time for Sunday roast

A7 New RHS LED.jpg

0 0 0

8. Re: Facelift tail lights available 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Tempting! Thanks for taking the plunge....nice to know that it is possible
    Audi A7, 3.0 TDIQ, Estoril Blue, B&O, LED, Night vision, HUD.

0 0 0

9. Re: Facelift tail lights available 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Job completed.

The only minor issue was the wiring schematic was only for one side, and contained a German phrase that indicated both sides were identical. They're not as far as colours go, (since you have left and right indicators with different colour coded wires, but easily enough to work out with some common sense.)

Total project time: about 4 hours.
    Difficulty: Medium, hardest part was removing the tailgate trim to access the inner lights.

This maybe the first full conversion in the UK

0 0 0

10. Re: Facelift tail lights available.... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1tchy View Post
    I've sent a few emails and they said they will work. I spotted the bit about left hand traffic too and can't think what the difference would be for rear lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rear fog light? I've no idea, but that's about the only difference i can think of.

0 0 0

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast