1. Rant on Stupidity etc 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I rang my local VW main dealer over a week ago to order some flywheel bolts. To save time I gave him the part number, he said not in stock coming from the UK I''ll have them in 48 hours. 72 Hours later I rang and he said nothing yet I have your number. 144 hours later I ring and he tells me the bolts are here and that he had rung me and left a voice-mail (nope)! Anyhoo I went to collect the bolts and knew by looking at them they were wrong and pointed out the part number was different. He told me the part number "superseded" the one I gave him. There was a telephone number on the order which bore no relation to mine but he insisted this was the number I'd given him, ***? (His superior came out I could tell he was superior as his knuckles were off the ground) I explained the problem and he pressed 7800 buttons on his computer and told me the correct bolts were in stock but they cost more than double the price of the bolts on the counter which I had to pay for in advance. I said OK I'll pay the difference. NO! they were a special order. I said I didn't intercourse order them you less than clever descendant of of a bachelor. (or words to that effect) Long and short is I had to pay twice and he will email VW to try get my money back. I pointed out I had given the correct part number, I used to be a very regular customer, I was unlikely to give someone else's telephone number and it was their fault but I had to leave with BP 280/140. Rant Over

4 2 0

2. Re: Rant on Stupididy etc 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    muppets.
    this is what gets me, they specially order something in, get it wrong yet stillexpect you tp pay for it. why can't they just keep it in stock until they need it.
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

2 3 0

3. Re: Rant on Stupididy etc 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zollaf View Post
    muppets.
    this is what gets me, they specially order something in, get it wrong yet stillexpect you tp pay for it. why can't they just keep it in stock until they need it.
    I reckon no chance of getting my money back it's less than 30 yoyos not worth fighting over but as you say muppets, I could have pipped Crasher in a swearing competition dealing with these slack jawed mouth breathers

0 2 0

4. Re: Rant on Stupididy etc 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry to hear this

1 0 0

5. Re: Rant on Stupididy etc 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks mate, pretty average type of thing in Ireland you need a high frustration tolerance (which I don't have)

0 0 0

6. Re: Rant on Stupididy etc 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Wow the incompetence is amazing, hope you get a refund as its clearly not your fault. Come on VW do what's right!!
    A4 B8 3.0TDI Quattro - 19" Alloys, ACC, MMI, B&O Sound, Nav, Bluetooth, Xenon Adaptive Lights Plus LED DRL's, Leather, Heated Seats, Braking Guard, Active Lane Assist, Side Assist, Dynamic Steering, Keyless Entry, Rear Camera, Removable Tow Bar, TPMS, AHHA, ADS.

VCDS Fully Registered Cable With Latest Software (14.10.0).

0 1 0

7. Re: Rant on Stupidity etc 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I would push this Dr Odd,

You can't let them get away with that, its clearly their error, By stating that the number he'd used which had resulted in the wrong bolts being supplied had superseded the one he gave you he has verified the number you originally gave him was correct otherwise how did he come up with what proved to be the incorrect number anyway?, therefore the fact that he had replaced your number with one that ultimately led to the wrong bolts being sent is completely out of your control and something for which you cannot be held responsible.

I would ask him to enter the number you originally gave him and show you on the screen where that particular number is shown superseded by the one he ultimately used. He won't be able to because he made a mistake somewhere but because its a special order they won't be able to return them, so rather than bear the cost of their own error, they see an opportunity to foist the blame on to you, that way they obviate the cost and at the same time wrongfully blame you for their error.

Pretty poor customer service indeed.

Gazza57

1 1 0

8. Re: Rant on Stupidity etc 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza57 View Post
    I would push this Dr Odd,

You can't let them get away with that, its clearly their error, By stating that the number he'd used which had resulted in the wrong bolts being supplied had superseded the one he gave you he has verified the number you originally gave him was correct otherwise how did he come up with what proved to be the incorrect number anyway?, therefore the fact that he had replaced your number with one that ultimately led to the wrong bolts being sent is completely out of your control and something for which you cannot be held responsible.

I would ask him to enter the number you originally gave him and show you on the screen where that particular number is shown superseded by the one he ultimately used. He won't be able to because he made a mistake somewhere but because its a special order they won't be able to return them, so rather than bear the cost of their own error, they see an opportunity to foist the blame on to you, that way they obviate the cost and at the same time wrongfully blame you for their error.

Pretty poor customer service indeed.

Gazza57
    Thanks mate. They actually returned my call today and made me an offer. The taking of the telephone number down wrong doesn't mean he took down the part number wrongly. This was a "special" order an VW won't refund special orders, however, they offered to keep them on the shelf and if anyone buys them they will issue me with a credit note to the value of 18 yoyos! So if anyone needs flywheel bolts for a 1999 Automatic Golf TDi the muppets at Commons Road Cars, Navan Co Meath have a set on the shelf!

0 0 0

9. Re: Rant on Stupidity etc 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you made and paid the order over the phone, isn't this covered by the Distance Selling Regulations (or the Consumer Contracts Regulations these days)?

0 0 0

10. Re: Rant on Stupidity etc 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skaffy View Post
    If you made and paid the order over the phone, isn't this covered by the Distance Selling Regulations (or the Consumer Contracts Regulations these days)?
    This is Ireland mate you have the right to nothing, it's a small sum of money most people just suck it up.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast