Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi, and thanks for reading.
    basically I have brought a B5.5 passaat 4motion 130pd tdi.
    Just had cam belt water pump & the rest changed so thats all good
    Looking for a set of window seals for the driver & passenger sides as mine are growing & scratching up the glass (need new set of glass too haha) any advice where to source these? scrappies are in worse nick than mine, ebay doesn't know what I'm talking about & I hate dealerships bunch of lying thieves.
    Any common problems I should look out for?
    Noticed the water build up thread so will strip & re-seal under the pollen filter when I can
    There's a vac pipe just above the turbo & next to the fuel pressure regulator (I think) that has a nice slice out of it almost exactly halfway though, is this normal for relieving pressure or should I replace it?
    sourcing 10w40 fully synth diesel oil for less than £45 a gallon is a nightmare, any advice?
    I'm sure there was something else too but I can't remember what it was.
    Thanks in advance

0 0 0

2. Re: Hi -VW Newb here ;) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)
    I don't know about the glass & seals but suspect you will have to go to the VW dealer or breakers.
    This will be a PD engine so needs specific PD oil, either spec VW505.01 or VW507.
    The 507 is used in many engines other than the PD so is usually cheaper now.
    Here is some on eBay
    5L Westway Audi/VW Quantum Spec VW LONGLIFE 3 Oil - 5w/30 - 5 Litres 504 507 | eBay
    £22.99 free delivery, or you can get from Eurocarparts but a bit more pricey I think.
    If there is a split in the vacuum tubing it will need replacing.
    In fact I would replace all the vac tubing as it will probably be perished.

0 0 0

3. Re: Hi -VW Newb here ;) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    20141025_145540.jpg

That was my first thought too, but the cleanliness of the cut makes it look like it's designed like that, I was very confused. (apologies for terrible quality)
    Thanks for the heads up with the oil, half the price of what I was looking at,

0 0 0

4. Re: Hi -VW Newb here ;) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)
    It looks like it has been rubbing on something, possibly the engine cover.
    In any case it will need replacing, unless it is the one going to the air filter box, which vents to atmosphere anyway.

0 0 0

5. Re: Hi -VW Newb here ;) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    hey, yeah on a closer look it does appear to have been rubbing, or melted, there's several other pipes/wires that show signs of heat stress.
    10744818_10152870276452049_161697704_n.jpg

This ^^ caught my attention too, is that the EGR? any idea on how to stop this monumental leak?
    10751751_10152870277427049_657920031_n.jpg
    And that length of piping is what's got the hole in, any idea what its for? as the motorfactors didnt want to supply one without knowing the useage :S

0 0 0

6. Re: Hi -VW Newb here ;) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)
    Sorry for late reply, been on hols.
    The second picture is the anti shudder valve.
    It closes the inlet & stops the engine rocking too much when you turn off the ignition.
    It should also stop an engine runaway when you turn off the ignition, if the turbo oil seal should fail.
    Replace any damaged pipes with new of the same internal diameter.
    Any rubber pipe will be ok as only air in there.

0 0 0