1. a4 1.9 tdi quattro help on 3 issues please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi i have a annoying judder on tick over so had in on computer and it came up with engine mounts/solenoids. Can i ask what the solenoids do? And what type of mounts do i need do they come with solenoids or will mine fit or can i just get new solenoids?

2nd issue. Smelt diesal so took engine cover off and its very wet at back of engine on vacuum pump can anyone shed some light on the seal kit part no or a picture

3rd . Oil sweat out of the silver thing above the turbo the intake/boost pipes go on to with vacuum pipes running to it i cant remembef its name ive gone completly blank. I want the seal inbetween that and the intake pipe

Thanx and sorry for the rubbish explanation hopefully you know what i mean

0 0 0

2. Re: a4 1.9 tdi quattro help on 3 issues please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    1. The engine mounts have a hydraulic component to them which aids the damping effect, the solenoids adjust this hydraulic effect. Option 1 is to fit new mounts (yes, they come with the solenoids), option 2 is to ignore it and option 3 I have heard it is possible to fit the mounts from a B5 which are much cheaper and non hydraulic.
    2. No idea, sorry.
    3. Oil from EGR valve. Yep - "they all do that sir", pretty much from new. Not much you will do about it.

0 1 0

3. Re: a4 1.9 tdi quattro help on 3 issues please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Engine mount is a very common fault,and most people don't even notice,I suspect unless they are extremely bad you have got other issues like maybe the flywheel,with the engine off try rocking the engine and observe the mounts,the silver thingy is the egr and if its got oil everywhere it needs to come out and clean it out,like george e says oil carryover is a fact of life for tdis but they do need a clean now and then,your leaking tandem pump is also a common problem,new gasket required,go on google images and search you'll find many pics.
    A4 B6,A4B7Quattro,MK4 Golf,MK5Golf gone and well forgotten,MK6Golf.

0 0 0

4. Re: a4 1.9 tdi quattro help on 3 issues please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nevo View Post
    Engine mount is a very common fault,and most people don't even notice,I suspect unless they are extremely bad you have got other issues like maybe the flywheel,with the engine off try rocking the engine and observe the mounts,the silver thingy is the egr and if its got oil everywhere it needs to come out and clean it out,like george e says oil carryover is a fact of life for tdis but they do need a clean now and then,your leaking tandem pump is also a common problem,new gasket required,go on google images and search you'll find many pics.
    Thanx guys i will investigate am i right in thinking that the engine mounts on my a4 are quite clever in the fact that they send signals to the ecu an d knock sensor about how smooth the engine is running so the that the car can adjust to run smoother etc or along them lines thanx again

0 0 0