Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eoin27 View Post
    Number of times I said I wasn't a dealer: 1

Im an Audi nut! I have an A5 Coupe and my dad purchased a MY14 Audi A6 in 2013!
    I just think that it's easy for us to blame the dealer when there is always a lot more to it. We always hear the one side of the story here when there could be a perfectly reasonable explanation. By educating each other on the ordering process etc., we can become more adept when it comes to ordering. That's what this forum is all about isn't it?

0 0 0

2. Re: RS6 available immediate delivery 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Im new to the forum but from what I read here, I think that what chesterfield did was very immoral and self serving. Im not a car dealer but I know that cancelling an order on a whim once its locked in with the factory of such an expensive car like that will have a hugely detrimental effect on the dealers bottom line. They'll most likely be stuck with it for a long time and have to sell at a crazy price way below their margin to get rid of it because RS6's are usually customer orders rather than stock as you could imagine.

Do you have any conscience at all Chesterfield? I'm surprised the dealer is letting you even walk into the showroom again!! I at least hope you gave them a hefty deposit to offset the loss they'll make on it. In fact, if thats the case, then I take back all I said!
    I don't think a dealer should stop selling a model months before a replacement would/could/should come. Its up to the customer to do their own research on life cycle etc. As far as the dealer was concerned, they are selling the latest and greatest RS 6 available in the market at the time of ordering. If Audi release a new model, usually a small bit of customer research can indicate roughly when that will happen. But the onus shouldn't be on the dealer to tell every customer. Otherwise, they wouldn't sell any models in a 6 month period up to its replacement. Caveat Emptor. Just being fair I believe. Again, I'm not a dealer and I am not associated with any dealerships of any type.
    If you’re not then that’s fair enough… just my suspicious mind

By the way, are you the guy I saw berating house buyers about pulling out of property deals on estate agent forums?

0 0 0

3. Re: RS6 available immediate delivery 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fest0r View Post
    If you’re not then that’s fair enough… just my suspicious mind

By the way, are you the guy I saw berating house buyers about pulling out of property deals on estate agent forums?
    My fault. I did say it twice. Repeatedly though? BTW I'm not a dealer

Yes, I ask them to forward their deposits to me and I take care of the rest! Whats your bank a/c number?

0 1 0

4. Re: RS6 available immediate delivery 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Hypnotic check PM for my account info

0 0 0

5. Re: RS6 available immediate delivery 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Its tricky and it is a balancing act with the manufacturer wanting to shift stock and the customer not wanting to take delivery of an old model when the new model is released. Either way, they stopped manufacturing the older versions months ago
    Stopped building the older version last week according to my dealer, not months ago.

0 0 0

6. Talking Re: RS6 available immediate delivery 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by berlintaxi View Post
    Stopped building the older version last week according to my dealer, not months ago.
    Your dealer is wrong

0 0 0

7. Re: RS6 available immediate delivery 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Your dealer is wrong
    What do you base your reply on?

0 0 0

8. Re: RS6 available immediate delivery 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    Your dealer is wrong
    If so where have the factory order pre-FL cars being delivered to customers now been sitting all this time? Proper Facelift production has only begun in the past couple of weeks and the nature of the changes means there is no need for a production line shutdown it just a case of fitting different parts so no break in production. No doubt there was a period when there was a mixture going down the line and indeed it may be that different countries will have chosen a different change over date, for instance the US market has not even had the facelift announced yet and won't until next year. Maybe the Irish franchise decided to stop but certainly not the case in the UK

0 1 0

9. Re: RS6 available immediate delivery 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsimcox View Post
    If so where have the factory order pre-FL cars being delivered to customers now been sitting all this time? Proper Facelift production has only begun in the past couple of weeks and the nature of the changes means there is no need for a production line shutdown it just a case of fitting different parts so no break in production. No doubt there was a period when there was a mixture going down the line and indeed it may be that different countries will have chosen a different change over date, for instance the US market has not even had the facelift announced yet and won't until next year. Maybe the Irish franchise decided to stop but certainly not the case in the UK
    Agreed, pre facelift cars are still being delivered now. It is ridiculous to believe they were made months ago and then held somewhere. It is usually in the region of 2 weeks from production to delivery. Audi have no interest in holding them as they don't get paid until the owner takes delivery.
    Q7, S-line, Graphite Grey, full leather, 21 inch titanium wheels

0 0 0

10. Re: RS6 available immediate delivery 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsimcox View Post
    the US market has not even had the facelift announced yet and won't until next year.
    If one of my US based rellies tells me is correct, no facelift for the US market yet, as an example of different horses for different courses it would seem that they don't currently allow LED headlights to be fitted to US cars. When the rellies paid a visit over here on a visit a couple of weeks back they were impressed with the matrix beam headlights fitted to my A8 and would dearly like the same system fitted to their new A8, due to be delivered in early 2015. But not allowed over there at the moment it would seem.

0 0 0

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast