1. New to A7 forum 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello all, just signed up to forum after following both A6/A7 discussions for a number of months now, and found this invaluable. Finally took the plunge and ordered new 2015 A7 3.0 TDI 272PS quattro S line, Floret silver, with following options; black interior, Parking Pack Adv, Tech pack, Ambient lighting, BOSE, Folding mirrors, Heated f/r seats, rear airbags, and 19" 7 Twin spoke. My original plan was to go for A.6 2.0l s-line ultra advant. I'd test driven a 177bhp 2.0ltr advant Black edition way back in Feb 14 and was so impressed by it -though it was the business. When I heard about the introduction of the ultra engine, thought that would make that bit more of a difference to the whole experience. My previous motor was a 2002 VW Golf GTD 130bhp and it served me very well from new , 300k miles (on original turbo), but this sadly met its fate in an RTA.

As the Audi brand is synonymous with 'Quattro', when people found out I was going for a 'forward wheel drive' only they expressed their disappointment which got me thinking a little and this swayed me towards the 3ltr. I anticipated the A6 would go some sort of refresh in 2015 and decided to wait for this. However, I always liked the A7 especially the side and front profiles but something about the look of the rear lights was enough to put me off buying one (yes, call me a fussy, but I'm just being honest). Whilst patiently waiting for FL A6, the A7 face lift came about first and in my view was absolutely sublime and had to go for this. Been advised by dealer of a week 45 build slot so hopefully looking at Dec delivery. I hope to keep you all informed, any questions/ views welcome. REAGRDS, Gad

0 0 0

2. Re: New to A7 forum 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Gad good choice you wont regret it keep us posted on your delivery etc. also some pictures when it arrives.
    2016 Audi SQ7 Silver

0 0 0

3. Re: New to A7 forum 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Sounds very nice indeed. Wish I'd had the patience to wait a year for the FL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

0 0 0

4. Re: New to A7 forum 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Jim, M1tchy. I ordered through DTD as it was came in cheaper than Carwow. I've had no issues so far with them, the ordering process has been quite straight forward. One thing I have noticed is the trend some manufacturers are adopting these days limiting the number of individual factory options buyers can select, I think Mercedes are doing it and maybe it simplifies things on the production line. They encourage you to go for packages which although can work out cheaper if you want all the options but expensive if you only want one or two options of them. For instance, I wanted the camera options from the technology pack but wasn't too fussed about the advance parking system; would of liked the side assist feature but wasn't bothered about Adaptive cruise control so I left it as my budget was already stretched. I do between 20-30k miles per year so the fact I'll be clocking up mileage is a bit worrying in tems of wear and tear and garage bills, but on the flip side looking forward to spending that time in a great ride!

The dealer has tried to sell me the usual add-ons -Gap, paint seal protection, etc but this is expensive and I'll try the forum for alternative products at there.

0 0 0

5. Re: New to A7 forum 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    I got mine through DTD too, very good price. 20-30k a year is a lot, but as you say, you will do every single one in comfort and style!

I didn't bother with GAP as most insurers cover you for a like for like replacement in the first year anyway and as for the paint seal crap they try flogging you it truly is a waste of cash. Ive done it once and may as well have set fire to my cash. I now wash, polish and wax my cars by hand when I get the chance and they both look brand new still which is nice. I use Autoglym super resin polish followed by Autoglym HD wax. Looks really good.
    Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

0 0 0

6. Re: New to A7 forum 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I completely agree with M1tchy about the paint protection, however £130 or therabouts for 3 years gap is worth considering from ala or the like
    Mine - 2011 A7 3.0 TDi Quattro SE
    Hers - 2013 Mk7 Golf GT 1.4 DSG

0 0 0

7. Re: New to A7 forum 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all, just to let you know I collected my new A7 3.0 S-Line Quattro yesterday. Overall, I have to say the dealer experience was wonderful, very professional and I enjoyed my interaction with the various staff (sales) members. As for the car, when I got up, close and personal, my initial reactions were 'wow what a mamouth beast', how the heck do I manage this car..... (my previous motor was a Golf after all). I've aleady covered a few hundred miles already and I find the ride to be terrific. I did downgrade the wheels from 20" to 19" purely for cost and comfort puposes although I now feel 20" wheels would have been fine but still a little more expensive! I'lll post pictures shortly but if you have any specific questions please feel free to ask. I've got lots of reading and learning to do as the this car has loads of features.

0 0 0

8. Re: New to A7 forum 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

0 0 0

9. Re: New to A7 forum 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Yep, that is stunning! Very nice indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

10. Re: New to A7 forum 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    "Your the Man M1tchy"

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast