Notices

User Tag List

Thread: It's almost time, but first I need some help.

1. It's almost time, but first I need some help. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've been told that my car will be ready to collect in a week, but I unfortunately I don't think I will be. I need to sell a car first, but don't want to rush the sale so I get a decent price.

My issue is that the car was registered a week ago, and I may not be able to collect for another 2 weeks from now, which means I'll be collecting a car that is already a month old.
    Am I right to be annoyed by this? 1 month warranty already used, without even driving it? Surely this should not happen? Or am I being petty?

What can I do, apart from call and speak to the dealer in the morning?

Cheers

Steve

0 0 0

2. Re: It's almost time, but first I need some help. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatbadger View Post
    I've been told that my car will be ready to collect in a week, but I unfortunately I don't think I will be. I need to sell a car first, but don't want to rush the sale so I get a decent price.

My issue is that the car was registered a week ago, and I may not be able to collect for another 2 weeks from now, which means I'll be collecting a car that is already a month old.
    Am I right to be annoyed by this? 1 month warranty already used, without even driving it? Surely this should not happen? Or am I being petty?

What can I do, apart from call and speak to the dealer in the morning?

Cheers

Steve
    Have you paid for the car yet? If not it seems odd that the dealer has registered the car in your name yet you may not actually pay for it. Also how has the car been insured? Dealers usually use Audi's complementary 7 day insurance to register the car leaving the new owner with 7 days to organise their own insurance. After 7 days the car would technically uninsured and should something happen to it I could see the dealer's insurer trying to claim it was not their responsibility since it was your car and you should have insured it.

You will get no where without talking to the dealer. But it seems very odd. Presumably they wanted it as a September sale to get a bonus. On the flip side why do you not want to take delivery? Was this car suddenly available earlier than they had told you? It is the dealers expectation that once the car arrives with them it will be delivered to you as soon as possible unless specific arrangements to the contrary have been agreed.

0 0 0

3. Re: It's almost time, but first I need some help. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi John,

Thanks for the reply.

I've not paid yet, only the deposit.
    I'm wondering if I misread the form I've been asked to sign and send back, but it does give me my reg no. and the registered date. It's the confirmation of registration form I need to sign.

I thought it would be to get the sept bonuses etc.

Don't get me wrong I'm desperate to pick up the car, I'm just not prepared to PX the old one for pittance when I can get a few more grand when I sell privately.

I shall be making the call shortly to find out what's going on, I just didn't manage to catch them yesterday before the dealership shut.

0 0 0

4. Re: It's almost time, but first I need some help. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatbadger View Post
    Hi John,

Thanks for the reply.

I've not paid yet, only the deposit.
    I'm wondering if I misread the form I've been asked to sign and send back, but it does give me my reg no. and the registered date. It's the confirmation of registration form I need to sign.

I thought it would be to get the sept bonuses etc.

Don't get me wrong I'm desperate to pick up the car, I'm just not prepared to PX the old one for pittance when I can get a few more grand when I sell privately.

I shall be making the call shortly to find out what's going on, I just didn't manage to catch them yesterday before the dealership shut.
    The registration number can be assigned to the car without it actually being registered and I think they can only actually register it when you return the form and they will almost certainly want payment for the outstanding amount before they do that. As the car is probably not yet registered they can't retrospectively register it so the date on the form is somewhat irrelevant, especially as they say it won't be ready until next week. Also the we are now in October so they will struggle to count it as September sale since you won't be paying for I until October. Understand your thoughts on private sale, just hope it sells quickly as the dealer will start to pressure you to take delivery of the car

0 0 0

5. Re: It's almost time, but first I need some help. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsimcox View Post
    The registration number can be assigned to the car without it actually being registered and I think they can only actually register it when you return the form and they will almost certainly want payment for the outstanding amount before they do that. As the car is probably not yet registered they can't retrospectively register it so the date on the form is somewhat irrelevant, especially as they say it won't be ready until next week. Also the we are now in October so they will struggle to count it as September sale since you won't be paying for I until October. Understand your thoughts on private sale, just hope it sells quickly as the dealer will start to pressure you to take delivery of the car
    Mind now at rest, it was just the day the form was created, it won't be registered just yet. I've got until 30th October to pick it up... Not that I want to wait that long.

0 0 0

6. Re: It's almost time, but first I need some help. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    What car are you selling? I did the same as you, sold privately. The higher the value of the car, the harder it is to sell as more and more people are looking for finance or px, so your potential buyers are limited.

I took the decision to collect my A6 before my xf was sold, which I could do as I was getting my A6 on a pcp with next to no deposit put down. It meant I was still paying for 2 cars, but technically all I was paying on the xf was the interest as the rest came off the settlement figure.

Basically I didn't have the patience to let my A6 sit at the dealers waiting for me for 4 weeks, which was the time it took to sell my xf.
    Q7, S-line, Graphite Grey, full leather, 21 inch titanium wheels

0 0 0

7. Re: It's almost time, but first I need some help. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield313 View Post
    What car are you selling? I did the same as you, sold privately. The higher the value of the car, the harder it is to sell as more and more people are looking for finance or px, so your potential buyers are limited.

I took the decision to collect my A6 before my xf was sold, which I could do as I was getting my A6 on a pcp with next to no deposit put down. It meant I was still paying for 2 cars, but technically all I was paying on the xf was the interest as the rest came off the settlement figure.

Basically I didn't have the patience to let my A6 sit at the dealers waiting for me for 4 weeks, which was the time it took to sell my xf.
    I've got an Octavia vRS. I totally understand that the market is little limited, but thankfully I've already had some interest in the last 24 hours. The vRS is owned outright so nothing to worry about with finance, I just don't want both cars on the drive. I'm desperate to pick up the A6 but have convinced myself not to, until the vRS is sold, so this is the driver for me to get my **** in gear and get it sold ASAP. How long this will last I cannot say, I'm not the most patient person.

0 0 0