Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi everyone

I am looking for some friendly advice. I bought a 2005 A3 1.6 FSI Sport from Arnold Clark back in July. When I drove the car away I noticed something wrong with the clutch and felt I was needing to use far too many revs to pull away. On the drive home I was convinced the flywheel was away so I reported it to my sales man. As part of the deal I'm getting the central locking repaired and some paint work done so when they finally got my car, their technician took it for a test drive and the report I was told verbally was that yes the flywheel was away however was indicative of the age of the car. I dispute this as the car had done under 49k miles when I drove it away and feel that if the car was indicative of what the mileage should be then I would say fair enough.

the warranty specifically states that any part proving defective arnold clark will carry out remedial works. The next sentence relates to wear and tear which is not what is reported as being the issue with the flywheel.

whats other members thoughts on this......should I pursue it further or bite the bullet and repair myself?

thank you for reading my longwinded post.

sharon
    A3 Sport

0 0 0

2. Re: Warranty Dispute 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    did you test drive the car thoroughly ? if you did, you would have noticed this problem with the flywheel and asked for it to be fixed before agreeing to buy it. however, thnsks to the sale of goods act , the seller is responsible for any fault for 6 months. thanks to a court ruling, you could just get it fixed and send them he bill, unless it states any repairs must be done by them.

Court rejects dealer's right to repair - Car Dealer Magazine
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

1 0 0

3. Re: Warranty Dispute 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi I committed the cardinal sin. Purchased over internet, paid for car and drove it away, was reported on the Monday to the rep as needing replaced and now the service dept refuse to repair. I need to get them to repair as I live within a 40 mile radius of an AC garage - one 17 miles up the road. Will see if I can get some info on net re sale of goods act and quote word for word and see if that helps my case.
    A3 Sport

0 1 0

4. Re: Warranty Dispute 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    fair play, we have all done it, however a trader has to make sure the car is fit for purpose, which this is, because it got you home and does what it should, start, stop etc.. however, you could say that it is not of merchantable quality, therefore they are liable for its repair. its an expensive job, will be close to $1000 (pounds, not dollars, stupid chinese keyboard) so you should do your homework. however, if the fault is there from the start, no one could say it wasn't present when sold, so a court would find them liable, in my opinion.
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

0 0 0

5. Re: Warranty Dispute 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you so much for your advice I really appreciate it. I will do my research and respond accordingly. I have formally asked for their reason for refusal in writing so as soon as I get that I will respond to them. I also read on another post someone checked with audi if there was an outstanding clutch recall fault registered with their vehicle and they got a whole new clutch system replaced free of charge so think I will also explore that avenue as well and see what audi say. Had a very bad experience with AC and still have central locking a paintwork still to be done. I'm totally dreading it.
    A3 Sport

0 1 0