2. Re: A6 Facelift Details Announced 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    Audi UK have put up their own press release now New Audi A6 range ready for an even cleaner getaway < Latest news < About Audi < Audi. SE will get Xenon not LED, Matrix LED standard on RS6. Sticking with an all diesel lineup except for the S6 and RS6

0 0 0

3. Re: A6 Facelift Details Announced 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mine's build week 39 w/c 22nd sept and just found out about this last night!
    Tried to contact my dealer today but no answer...
    Would rather wait another 8-12 wks, hoping they can do it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

4. Re: A6 Facelift Details Announced 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mine was build week 37, I.e. starting next week. I've binned my order and the dealer has shifted it to to new model (or will do as soon as they can order next week).

My car is still showing as being built, and even though they are trying to pull it, it may nd up as a demo car. The dealer has been very understanding about it, and I have had Audi UK call me and apologise for the mess.

I've advised that somebody somewhere in Audi is responsible for having "old" cars delivered AFTER the new one has been announced. They should be the ones shafted for the cost of a cancelled order, not my dealer.

Mine was due to be delivered around mid October. If new ones are scheduled to be early November I'm only losing a couple of weeks or so. If your build was 39, then you would probably be able to shift onto a new model without suffering much in the way of longer wait time at all.

0 1 0

5. Re: A6 Facelift Details Announced 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    Without wishing to offend anyone, but, I am surprised at the number of people to who me this has come as a surprise. The whole facelift subject has been under discussion since January now. Just wondering is all.
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 0 0

6. Re: A6 Facelift Details Announced 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chesterfield View Post
    Mine was build week 37, I.e. starting next week. I've binned my order and the dealer has shifted it to to new model (or will do as soon as they can order next week).

My car is still showing as being built, and even though they are trying to pull it, it may nd up as a demo car. The dealer has been very understanding about it, and I have had Audi UK call me and apologise for the mess.

I've advised that somebody somewhere in Audi is responsible for having "old" cars delivered AFTER the new one has been announced. They should be the ones shafted for the cost of a cancelled order, not my dealer.

Mine was due to be delivered around mid October. If new ones are scheduled to be early November I'm only losing a couple of weeks or so. If your build was 39, then you would probably be able to shift onto a new model without suffering much in the way of longer wait time at all.
    Chesterfield, you seem like a nice guy and you are clearly smart. But I am - like Whippy - a bit puzzled by your posts.

I first decided to buy an RS6 in February of this year. I was ready to order in early March but then the first facelift pics appeared on the internet. After no more than five minutes of googling it became clear that the FL A6 was going to appear later in the year and that the Paris show was the likely place to see it launched, after which it would (naturally) be on sale as it isn't a new car. Whilst at that stage it was unclear exactly what the facelift would involve, it was obviously going to be both cosmetic and technical and thus render MY14 cars "out of date", that is just a given for all facelifts. Even back then, though, it was obvious from looking at the A3 and A8 models that the FL A6 was going to have Matrix lights and 4G infotainment with graphics enhancements.

As early as late April, people were posting on this forum quoting (and showing) a document that was distributed to all UK dealers that the A6 and A7 "are being held at MY14" whilst the rest of the Audi range moved up to MY15, so it was all looking fairly obvious even then what was about to happen.

Finally, it is self evident that a car manufacturer will make an MY14 car continuously up to the moment of switchover to MY15; they are not going to shut the line down for six months so that the buyers of end-of-line MY14 cars don't feel bad about missing out.

So here is why I am puzzled. On various threads on both this forum and the RS6 forum, you and I have discussed the Facelift along with others, and those threads have provided access to all the information you need on the FL A6. But you have said in a number of posts that MY15 didn't matter to you, you knew it was coming and you didn't mind losing out on missing it, financially you didn't mind the hit, didn't like the lights, anyway, etc. etc., all of which is fine - your choice.

You yourself - on the RS6 forum - have stated how the internet enables the customer often to know more than the dealer but your reaction now is as if Audi has conspired against you and tricked you in some devious way. But they haven't.

I wish you the best of luck in moving your order to MY15 because I like your posts and you look like you deserve to get the car you want. I also hope you get the MY15 because I think it's the better car ( have been waiting for one for 9 months now). But all this talk in the last two days about Audi - making out they are some instrument of evil, like in your post above - seems a little OTT, in my opinion. They are just making and selling cars, in the same way as every other manufacturer.

0 0 0

7. Re: A6 Facelift Details Announced 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chesterfield View Post

Great, hoping I can do the same today. Mine was due for delivery early-mid October, so similarly it's not much more of a wait.

I can't believe I didn't have my finger on the pulse about the FL, not been keeping up to date with the news in the car world I guess. 5 yrs ago I'd've been all over it like a rash, but must've slackened off!

0 0 0

8. Re: A6 Facelift Details Announced 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    http://www.audi.de/content/dam/nemo/...e_s6-avant.pdf

new brochure is on audi.de. New colours and wheels are great.

1 2 0

9. Re: A6 Facelift Details Announced 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My research and understanding, from here and other places did indeed tell me that the facelift was coming. I was fine with that. However timescales that everyone had in mind was that the facelift would be announced at Paris in October. With orders opening on the new RS6 sometime maybe toward the end of that month, and deliveries early next year. Maybe at a push February.

What changed the game for me on Thursday was that Audi decided to announce the facelift BEFORE I took delivery of my car. I.e. facelift models would be on the road as early as November and I would likely have less than three weeks of my car being the "latest" model on the road. Not the three to four months that was expected. It was also going to be the case that there would be a new model physically in the showroom when I picked mine up.

If my car was still the current model when I picked it up from the showroom and likely to be so for a quarter or more, then that would be fine by me. However given that I was likely to be picking my car up at a time when the dealer would have a facelift model in the showroom made me change my view.

If there had been no "overlap" and a decent period of exclusivity, then I'd still be taking the current car. Audi deciding to deliver pre facelift cars when they are already displaying and selling post facelift cars is an entirely different matter.

Would you be happy to blurt 90 grand up the wall and not be collecting the latest model when you go to the dealers?

0 1 0

10. Re: A6 Facelift Details Announced 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbore View Post
    Finally, it is self evident that a car manufacturer will make an MY14 car continuously up to the moment of switchover to MY15; they are not going to shut the line down for six months so that the buyers of end-of-line MY14 cars don't feel bad about missing out.
    That is pretty much exactly what they have done with the TT line.

I made enquiries with my dealer about the update of the A6 and the information they had from Audi was that they were expecting an update to arrive next year. In line with what everyone's estimates were of new models on the road maybe February. At that point in time somebody somewhere in Audi knew that the were planning refresh to arrive November.

They would have also known this when I placed my order at the end of June. At that point you may think it wise to tell the customer that there will be a new model delivered just a couple of weeks later than theirs and would they like to hold off? They already have my signature on an order, so what do they have to lose other than avoiding a customer finding out at a later date?

My order is being shifted to MY15, and Audi UK have been incredibly apologetic on the phone, and have stated that its not great timing and perhaps customers should have been informed of this when they ordered so recently. Apparently discussions will be taking place between Audi UK, branding and Audi Germany.

Whether Audi UK or Germany wish to do anything about my dealer being stuffed with having to find a home for my existing order/car remains to be seen. Its not the dealers fault, so they shouldn't be left carrying the can. It was entirely avoidable if Audi had been up front with customers ordering at a time when they knew that those orders wouldn't be delivered until after the facelift.

0 0 0

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast