Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagler View Post
    I have ordered a new Q5 for delivery March 1st. Anyone know if it will have Adblue tank and what if any changes to spec. Thanks.
    It looks like you ordered the 177bhp engine, which means no adblue tank.

I wonder why the Q5 still doesn't have the Ultra 190 engine yet? Is it something to do with the Quattro system?

0 0 0

2. Re: Adblue top-up 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jukkha156 View Post
    It looks like you ordered the 177bhp engine, which means no adblue tank.

I wonder why the Q5 still doesn't have the Ultra 190 engine yet? Is it something to do with the Quattro system?
    Suspect it is probably more a supply issue. they can't make enough to meet the A6 demand

0 0 0

3. Re: Adblue top-up 
    Beagler Guest
    This thread from another forum (not a member now) when I posed the same question but I do get conflicting views, thought I would seek advice here.

Posted 17 October 2014 - 03:11 PM
    Hi Beagler. Well my 2.0 TDi 177 2014 model certainly does so see no reason why it shouldn't.

2.0 TDi S-Line Plus Triptonic . Glacier White with black styling pack. B & O sound system. Piano black inlays. Interior light pack. Auto folding mirrors. Panoramic roof. Hill hold assist. Leather seats with Alcantara contrast stitching. Flat bottom steering wheel. Keyless entry. Heated seats. Rear bench seat plus. Folding towbar. Interior light pack. Telephone preparation - high. Advanced Parking with camera. Storage package. Audi drive select. Loving it all.....

0 0 0

4. Adblue top-up 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Had the refill Adblue 'warning' flash up this evening....

Will have a proper read of thread to see if simple enough to DIY or part with some hard earned money to local dealership.

Warnings flashed up at 6,400 miles with a adblue range of 1,500 miles to top up

Quote Originally Posted by weedave View Post
    Not cheap is it jukkhal56! What is the software update for?
    Had update done literally couple of days ago. Apparently it's an ECU update to 'shut off' things that aren't being used to help conserve battery life...that's what I was told when I asked!

0 0 0

5. Re: Adblue top-up 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    I don't have a car that uses AdBlue although it's probably going to happen, but does anyone know about the boxes that are used on wagons and which "bypass" the AdBlue system? Don't know if they're available for cars (yet) but googling revealed some info. Perhaps Andrew at DTUK may have some knowledge (if you're reading this Andrew)...portfolio diversification! Not condoning it, just curious after reading The Sunday Times today...

1 0 0

6. Re: Adblue top-up 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Splash View Post
    I don't have a car that uses AdBlue although it's probably going to happen, but does anyone know about the boxes that are used on wagons and which "bypass" the AdBlue system? Don't know if they're available for cars (yet) but googling revealed some info. Perhaps Andrew at DTUK may have some knowledge (if you're reading this Andrew)...portfolio diversification! Not condoning it, just curious after reading The Sunday Times today...
    I'm thinking MOT failure in the same way as removing the DPF is now also generating failures as the car has to have the same Emissions equipment in place as when it was built.

0 0 0

7. Re: Adblue top-up 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    The article suggested the box could be turned off and on (remotely?) and that nothing was removed i.e. it intercepts and/or adjusts the signal requesting AdBlue injection.

0 0 0

8. Re: Adblue top-up 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Spoken to the dealership today and they sell Adblue at £6.50+VAT a bottle and said you could need up to 13 bottles I think....

However they are doing £40+VAT to fill it - not bad in fairness when compared to the £100 people have been quoted.

However still not as cheap as the DIY option

0 0 0

9. Re: Adblue top-up 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    Shell, and I can presume the other players, are making noises about ad blue pumps on forecourts.
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 0 0

10. Re: Adblue top-up 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jukkha156 View Post
    'My 1500 miles left' light has come on for Adblue. My Ultra S-tronic is on 5900 miles. I have booked with Audi Stockport who said their is a software update to be done too.

The charge will be approx £90.00.
    So the job was done yesterday and was surprised that i was only charged £55.00 inc vat.

The software update they said was a recall for updating the ECU!

They also did a health check, tyre wear, brake pads etc.

I didn't get an RS6 Loaner for the day but an A3 Se

Apart from that, job well done I suppose !

0 0 0

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast