Notices

User Tag List

Thread: New A6 BE lasts less than 300 miles!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: New A6 BE lasts less than 300 miles! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Yes it's an Ultra. I went the company lease route as I did a deal that they would lease it for the first 2.5 years for me, then the idea was that I would look to buy it off the leasing company myself. Happy for it to be fixed and returned, as it is a stunning car. May have second thoughts about buying it outright now, but I have plenty of time to think about it.

Audi UK have been pretty good so far. The minute I don't get what I ask for, I'll get the lease company involved (they are huge, so I expect they will get what they want) lol

0 0 0

2. Re: New A6 BE lasts less than 300 miles! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ukgroucho View Post
    UGH this does not seem to be isolated. I feel for you, but at least you get an A6 to use (and an Avant which will be a different experience).

You gotta start wondering if this whole business with "not taking any more orders for ultras with S-tronic boxes" is related to this. If there is something amiss with that gearbox - whether it is design related or a manufacturing process wobbler - they will need time to diagnose root cause and rectify before churning out more boxes. And if I were in Audi Quality Control at the assembly line I'd also be pushing already manufactured boxes that are waiting to be fitted to vehicles back for additional checks. It all results in reduced vehicle manufacturing output and delivery delays.

It seems more than a co-incidence that Audi stop taking Stronic orders and delete it from the configurator as these tales start to multiply. The other thread on here about Audi cancelling existing orders also raises concern. Are Stronics currently in production?

0 0 0

3. Re: New A6 BE lasts less than 300 miles! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Now confirmed, whole new S-Tronic unit has been ordered from Germany. Told me 2-3 weeks lead time...I'm not holding my breath!!!

0 0 0

4. Re: New A6 BE lasts less than 300 miles! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rickerby View Post
    It seems more than a co-incidence that Audi stop taking Stronic orders and delete it from the configurator as these tales start to multiply. The other thread on here about Audi cancelling existing orders also raises concern. Are Stronics currently in production?
    Wonder if other "vwaudifirum like" forums across Europe are seeing similar reports s-tronic gearbox failures? Can't believe it is a UK specific issue

0 0 0

5. Re: New A6 BE lasts less than 300 miles! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    On the positive side it looks really good going onto that trailer. Not an angle you'd normally get and it looks longer and meaner.
    Q7, S-line, Graphite Grey, full leather, 21 inch titanium wheels

0 2 0

6. Re: New A6 BE lasts less than 300 miles! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Every new broken gearbox post on here makes me glad that the BiTdi has the ZF 8 speed instead! This break is a new one too, the exhaust visible on the pic means it's a 3 litre and not the usual Ultra giving up.

Maybe that huge waiting list isn't down to demand, it's because they have to produce a second car for every new one that has been ordered!

0 1 0

7. Re: New A6 BE lasts less than 300 miles! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    Ultra has pipe on both Sides.
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

1 0 0

8. Re: New A6 BE lasts less than 300 miles! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Ahhh, my product knowledge is not up to date. Now no one can tell what car you're driving then. Interesting tactic from Audi, not badging anything differently. Makes de badging it for stealth a bit pointless, only worth it for a cleaner aesthetic.

0 0 0

9. Re: New A6 BE lasts less than 300 miles! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry for being dim, but which gearbox model are these problems related to? I know what model gearbox is in mine, and the commonly used ZF8HP... but not any of the other models!

The DL501/0B5 S-Tronic is meant to be pretty good... unless its what this thread is about and now they're cursed! The DL501 is the latest incarnation of the S-Tronic IIRC and is the first to use two separate oil systems inside of it. Audi classify it as the "seven-speed", "high torque engine", "Quattro powertrain" model. It's fitted to the B8 S4/S5, the Q5 with 3.0TFSI, and the A6 with 3.0TFSI Quattro. Don't know what the A6 diesels or 2WDs use though. A couple of people online with the DL501 have had the mechatronic unit replaced. The only complete DL501 gearbox replacement I'd previously read of was Chris Harris on PistonHeads with his B8 S4... but that car was the press demonstrator so has been ragged to death its whole life .

0 0 0

10. Re: New A6 BE lasts less than 300 miles! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    As I understand it from previous posts, the box is new and designed for the ultra. Don't know if this is right though. Anybody else know?
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 0 0

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast