1. 2p coin 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I was at my local Aldi yesterday evening. A trolley needs a 2 Euro coin but a 2p coin will also release it. Anyway this guy asked me if I had a €2 coin for change. I said no but I can give you an English 2p. In an upper class accent he told me it wasn't an "English" coin it was "two pence sterling" I told him the Queen was on the coin and it was probably issued by the bank of England therefore it was an English 2p. He said something like "I think you'll find its two pence sterling" so I said "Do you want the fcuking coin or not"? My question is, was he right?
    Last edited by Doctle Odd; 20-08-2014 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Typo

0 2 0

2. Re: 2p coin 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    probably ???
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

1 0 0

3. Re: 2p coin 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It's actually "nought point zero two of your english pounds."
    or "Tuppence"

I'd be surprised if the local kids haven't managed a trolley scam: when we first started getting pound coin operated trolleys here, the kids figured out that you could release one with a bottle top - if you then look like you're taking yours back to the trolley park just as someone else is approaching to collect one, they'll offer you their pound for your trolley, which you can then spend on cheap cider.
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a Light Side and a Dark Side and it holds the universe together.
    2002 Passat 1.9tdi
    2004 A3 2.0 FSI
    Gone: 1997 Golf GTI ; 1989 Coupe; 2000 A6 Avant 2.4; 2000 A3 1.8

1 2 0

4. Re: 2p coin 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NickPicks View Post
    It's actually "nought point zero two of your english pounds."
    or "Tuppence"

I'd be surprised if the local kids haven't managed a trolley scam: when we first started getting pound coin operated trolleys here, the kids figured out that you could release one with a bottle top - if you then look like you're taking yours back to the trolley park just as someone else is approaching to collect one, they'll offer you their pound for your trolley, which you can then spend on cheap cider.
    So it's English?

0 0 0

5. Re: 2p coin 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    It's sterling.
    It's used across the uk regardless of the fact it was minted in England. If if was minted in Scotland, Wales or no it would still be sterling.
    It's not English....
    It's uk sterling.
    A6 C7 Saloon 3.0Tdi Quattro S Line | 242bhp | Quartz Grey
    2016 Triumph Street Triple | 106bhp | Pearl White
    VCDS owner - Lanarkshire Area. PM Me if you need help.

1 3 0

6. Re: 2p coin 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    if you release one trolley using a 2 euro, then another, then join them together in the carpark, then use that same uero to release the rest one by one, you can form them into a massive circle, totally blocking the carpark. you then join the ends together , get the 2nd euro back and its the most fun for 1 euro, or a pound, or a bottle top.
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

2 4 0

7. Re: 2p coin 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctle Odd View Post
    I was at my local Aldi yesterday evening. A trolley needs a 2 Euro coin but a 2p coin will also release it. Anyway this guy asked me if I had a €2 coin for change. I said no but I can give you an English 2p. In an upper class accent he told me it wasn't an "English" coin it was "two pence sterling" I told him the Queen was on the coin and it was probably issued by the bank of England therefore it was an English 2p. He said something like "I think you'll find its two pence sterling" so I said "Do you want the fcuking coin or not"? My question is, was he right?
    It's Pound sterling, so technically he's correct, as the Bank of Scotland amongst others can issue Sterling denominations.

Pound sterling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Nothing to see here, move along..

1 0 0

8. Re: 2p coin 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctle Odd View Post
    So it's English?
    Quote Originally Posted by darich View Post
    It's not English....
    If you go anywhere else in the world, especially countries like Egypt, which have their own pound, they will say "just 5 of your English pounds" whilst trying to sell you poor quality tat at tourist sites. Hence my comment of "English pounds"

Most foreign exchange companies use "GBP" to designate Great British pounds, which is also technically wrong, because GB doesn't include Northern Ireland, which also uses sterling.
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a Light Side and a Dark Side and it holds the universe together.
    2002 Passat 1.9tdi
    2004 A3 2.0 FSI
    Gone: 1997 Golf GTI ; 1989 Coupe; 2000 A6 Avant 2.4; 2000 A3 1.8

1 0 0

9. Re: 2p coin 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Sterling. It's like me getting diesel in the south and asking the employee if they'll accept my Northern Irish 2p.

1 0 0

10. Re: 2p coin 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zollaf View Post
    if you release one trolley using a 2 euro, then another, then join them together in the carpark, then use that same uero to release the rest one by one, you can form them into a massive circle, totally blocking the carpark. you then join the ends together , get the 2nd euro back and its the most fun for 1 euro, or a pound, or a bottle top.
    And if you scammed the coin from someone else, you can watch the chaos through a cheap-cider-induced alcoholic haze and use the bottle top to set it all up the next day as well!
    12-plate Audi A3 Black Edition 2.0 TFSi S-tronic Sportback in Ice Silver with DVD Sat Nav, Bose sound system, xenon headlights, Bluetooth, voice control, heated full leather seats, full electric driver's seat adjustment, privacy glass, heated auto dimming power-folding mirrors, titanium grey Rotor-style alloys, auto lights & wipers, and tyre pressure monitoring.

2 4 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast