Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiefc View Post
    Ok Some feedback and also info about the A7 & A6 gearbox debate.

A7 & A6 same variant of box but running different software.
    Box boxes can have the transmission ECU altered to increase the capacity of torque the box will allow before giving warning lights. Take that as you will.

On my Tuning Box - unit going back to manufacturer who will alter the map. Had good conversation with ( the right person) supplier and we talked about the issue. The supplier initially developed this map on the box using an SQ5 where they took the BHP & Torque way beyond the 377 BHP advertised. However the supplied box is mapped on the side of caution.
    In short the box is going back and between the supplier myself and the Dyno company we will work to get the most feasibly possible out of the car while not incurring any warning lights or other issues.

I am more than happy to continue developing the output to achieve the best possible BHP & torque and don't mind bait of towing and frowing !

Doesn't the supplier of the tuning box know what the torque / power rating of the gearbox is? If they don't know how can they know their box will not damage the transmission?
    A6 Allroad BiTDI, Phantom Black, Rear Parking Camera, Tech Pack, Lighting Pack, Heated Front Seats, Side Assist, 75l Tank, Thru Load, Adaptive Lights, 4 Zone a/c, Comfort Seats, Folding/Dimming Door Mirrors, Deletion of Model / Engine Badges.

0 0 0

2. Re: Interesting dyno results 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Have you asked about the 7 user adjustable settings? When you say it’s going back to the manufacturer do you mean the place you bought it from or are they sending it on to their supplier?

Hopefully they can suitably tweak it, but the whole thing wouldn’t inspire me with any confidence. Your box/map was developed for the SQ5 and they just turned it down for your model? Sounds like sales flannel or at least I hope it is. If they knew it was “mapped on the side of caution” why falsely advertise the figures? Also, wouldn’t they be looking to lower torque and not power to lessen the strain on the gearbox?

If it was me I would be going down the route of a three channel box that has actually been tested on my model of car. Unfortunately I might be running close (if not over) the max torque of my gearbox already so it’s not an option for me

0 0 0

3. Re: Interesting dyno results 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    It will be good to see what they come up with Did you set it to max before the dyno run?

0 0 0

4. Re: Interesting dyno results 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    A7 & A6 same variant of box but running different software.
    Intriguing, I wonder what the purpose of the different software could be, any real benefit of one over the other, and if there is benefit can anyone apply it?
    A6 Avant S-Line BiTdi | born Sept '13 | advanced tech pack | sports diff | privacy glass | 75l fuel tank | lighting pack | HB assist | rear cam
    Q5 S-Line Plus TFSI | born April '11 | tempted to add stage 1 Revo taking HP from 177 to 290.

0 0 0

5. Re: Interesting dyno results 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by razor77 View Post
    Intriguing, I wonder what the purpose of the different software could be, any real benefit of one over the other, and if there is benefit can anyone apply it?
    Dunno.. I know the SQ5s are supposed to have the gearbox set up to feel more 'aggressive', would not expect the A7 to need to feel significantly different to an A6 but if they run different setting then there must be a reason.
    A6 allroad BiTdi (MY14, July 2013 - DAB & power tailgate). Glacier white, tech pack (HDD Nav, colour DIS, Parking Plus), sports seats, 4 zone climate, heated seats front and rear, ambient lighting, 75L fuel tank, adaptive Bi Xenon headlights

0 0 0

6. Re: Interesting dyno results 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fest0r View Post
    Official stats

309 bhp / 313 ps
    481 lb-ft / 650 nm

Actual

327 bhp / 331.5 ps + 6%
    516 lb-ft / 699.6 nm + 7.4%
    New 3.0TDI 326PS boosts to 346ps...

Read this..Article in PDF

Maybe this accounts for the 331.5ps dyno, 18.5ps above the stock 313ps result achieved by Fest0rs dyno run.

What I do not understand in the article is the explanation for the small increase in HP. It cites "modifications in the charging and camshafts have boosted it's power by an additional 5 kW (6 hp) compared with the standard model" I am not clear on whether the standard model is eluding to the non BiTdi 3.0 or previous (current) BiTdi, and the 6hp difference to the standard model further fuels my confusion.
    A6 Avant S-Line BiTdi | born Sept '13 | advanced tech pack | sports diff | privacy glass | 75l fuel tank | lighting pack | HB assist | rear cam
    Q5 S-Line Plus TFSI | born April '11 | tempted to add stage 1 Revo taking HP from 177 to 290.

0 0 0

7. Re: Interesting dyno results 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    There is more going on in this engine than we know about ! never knew about the boost feature.
    Assuming that applies to our pre-facelift engines... I once read a document all about the engine, it was quite technical, but I never read this, it certainly would have stood out. Unless anyone can glean information from within Audi, to better understand the article, and what they refer to as the standard car, I guess we have to just keep an eye out for the media.

0 0 0

8. Re: Interesting dyno results 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    I have seen other articles about this special edition. It reads to me like this boost feature is for this car and isn't a standard feature. I may be wrong, but I'd be surprised if it was on our cars and Audi kept it a secret. What would be the point in developing this and then not telling anyone?
    Q7, S-line, Graphite Grey, full leather, 21 inch titanium wheels

0 0 0

9. Re: Interesting dyno results 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by razor77 View Post
    Am guessing weight and weight distribution? Although think only sommat like 75kg between them with the same engine.
    XK8 96 Dyno'd at 305 and LPG converted, a mere 65ppl
    A6 07 3.0 quattro tip SE Limo, black,black leather/tints /black alloys/towbar/Alientech Eco Remap/quads/Rear DVD screens/Pogo Alert+

0 0 0

10. Sports Diff in reply to Jamiefc 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Amazing, I think, or is it like the emperor's clothes! I have looked under the car, I can see it!

My challenge is truly knowing the difference, this is my first quattro, and despite the Q5 being the second, it's too different to compare. What I do know, when I push the A6 into and around corners, even in the wet, it holds like no other car I have driven. The truth is, even in the dry where other cars I'd happily find the twitch around corners on B roads i.e. most rear wheel V6's, I am scared to find that point in the BiTdi, because wherever it happens, its faster than I care to try. I know my experience could largely be the quattro, but it would be nice to know what to attribute to the sports diff, if only there was a flashing light or chime when it's activate!

When choosing options, I had a self imposed limit, and pitted some options against each other. The sports diff choice won over the HUD. I recall reading on this forum a driver with sports diff realising post delivery it was not working/coded, requiring a fix by Audi, when corrected he noticed a reasonable difference. As a progressive driver I imagine this tipped my choice.

I sure would like an audi experience day, where a pro could demonstrate the difference on a track.

In the mean time I must look on the MMI, I seem to recall an option to change its aggression or maybe turn it off. Should I learn anything I'll report back, probably on a new thread, because other BiTdi talk this is far off thread!

0 0 0

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast