Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Audi A4 bought 6 weeks ago and needs new engine!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Re: Audi A4 bought 6 weeks ago and needs new engine! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i hope you get your money back and have better luck next time....don't accept the car back with engine replaced any 1.8 or 2.0 ltr petrol a4 models best avoided,just buy a diesel if you still want one as they don't blow engines like the crap oil burning petrol turbo's......i know a car trader who also has recently picked up a b8 a4 1.8 turbo at auction with a tossed engine low miles and only reason bought because there's a wage in it once fixed,however he did say other traders at auctions who know the score with these cars wont touch them unless diesel,just what he told me but i have heard of many petrol a4 b8's suffering chain failure and burning excessive oil myself that is why i bought diesels,yes they also have their problems but at least the problems usually are engine components breaking nothing like full engine re-builds......mine is dmf clutch failure common problem on the 2.0 tdi but engine is sweet just crap on mpg compared to previous "pd" tdi i had before this later common rail wish i had just kept it tbh as far more reliable,best of luck on your next motor.

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi A4 bought 6 weeks ago and needs new engine! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Do you think chelseagirl will let us know how she got on?
    NOW GONE 2007 A6 2.7TDi Avant Le Mans Edition (180)

Mods:- ECU Remap, Rear Air Suspension, Rear Led Lights, Rear View Camera, Rear Privacy Glass, Titanium wheels, Colour Coded Fog Light Surrounds, FBMFSW, AMI, DAB, Chrome S6 pedals, Front Grille De-chrome, window surround de-chrome.

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi A4 bought 6 weeks ago and needs new engine! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dazbo1972 View Post
    i hope you get your money back and have better luck next time....don't accept the car back with engine replaced any 1.8 or 2.0 ltr petrol a4 models best avoided,just buy a diesel if you still want one as they don't blow engines like the crap oil burning petrol turbo's......i know a car trader who also has recently picked up a b8 a4 1.8 turbo at auction with a tossed engine low miles and only reason bought because there's a wage in it once fixed,however he did say other traders at auctions who know the score with these cars wont touch them unless diesel,just what he told me but i have heard of many petrol a4 b8's suffering chain failure and burning excessive oil myself that is why i bought diesels,yes they also have their problems but at least the problems usually are engine components breaking nothing like full engine re-builds......mine is dmf clutch failure common problem on the 2.0 tdi but engine is sweet just crap on mpg compared to previous "pd" tdi i had before this later common rail wish i had just kept it tbh as far more reliable,best of luck on your next motor.
    A bit polemical there Daz. The oil issue is indeed "well known" but many many cars don't have it. The cam chain breaking is one I can't find much evidence for online, although there is some mention of cam chain tensioner failure (just like on my 3.0TDi A6). DMF's are the work of the devil, and are on just about every manual transmission car now (petrol and diesel) it seems. Water pump failure is mostly limited to the 3.0Tdi A4's, and on balance the diesels seem to have more issues than the petrols when you factor in DPF and EGR issues, and (I'm thinking) all the problems the AdBlue Urea injection systems and 5-part cat that is required for a diesel to meet Euro6 emissions. I'm taking delivery of a 2.0TFSi on 1st September, having had enough of overcomplicated diesels.
    2018 (2017MY) S3 2.0TFSI Sportback Quattro S-Tronic in Nano Grey Metallic.

Black Edition, Reversing camera, Parking System Plus, Hill Hold, Super Sports seats, heated, Dipping exterior mirrors, B&O, Advanced Key, Magnetic Ride, Red Calipers, 19x8J 5-V-Spoke wheels in matte titanium.

0 1 0

4. Re: Audi A4 bought 6 weeks ago and needs new engine! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    so you hate audis so much that you have one ???
    mate, sell it and get the kia you think is so wonderful. if you don't want the kia because you know its rubbish, then just shut up. either shut up or get the kia, the choice is yours , but please do one or the other as you are otherwise just going round in circles.
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

0 1 0

5. Re: Audi A4 bought 6 weeks ago and needs new engine! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markp306 View Post
    Strong comments here which I would tend to side with. Audi must have built a lot of lemon A4s as I had one too!. The fact skoda do so well in the surveys is bad publicity for Audi too and does suggest they are relatively overpriced.But I have a 2013 model a5 cab and am loving it....my faith is restored after 12 months without missing a beat (touch wood). The previous a4 b8 couldn't go between seasons without something failing, faultless TDI engine excepted! Really was pants! Odd as the they are so similar and a5 was available first.
    My faith was redeemed with this car, but then the warranty ran out! Boom...mega bucks!
    (N) 2.6 V6 Audi Convertible Europa Blue
    (14) E350 AMG Sport Estate Obsidian Black
    Gone: (59) 2.0T A4 S-Line Avant (B8) Lava Grey
    (02) 1.8T A4 sport saloon (B6) Denim Blue

0 0 0

6. Re: Audi A4 bought 6 weeks ago and needs new engine! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    zollaf i have a a4 b8 2.0 diesel s line and i am getting rid of it soon as i put it's 3rd dmf clutch in @ 69,000 miles which is a joke plus loads of other costly repairs like injectors & dpf replaced previously.....the kia was a sensible next car suggestion for chelseagirl if put off buying another audi......like myself,not going round in circles at all just got to fix this pile of scrap to move forward on my next car which i am not saying will be a kia but defo not another audi a4 b8 as there s*ite mate worst car ever owned.

0 0 0

7. Re: Audi A4 bought 6 weeks ago and needs new engine! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    zollaf i have a a4 b8 2.0 diesel s line and i am getting rid of it soon as i put it's 3rd dmf clutch in @ 69,000 miles which is a joke plus loads of other costly repairs like injectors & dpf replaced previously.....the kia was a sensible next car suggestion for chelseagirl if put off buying another audi......like myself,not going round in circles at all just got to fix this pile of scrap to move forward on my next car which i am not saying will be a kia but defo not another audi a4 b8 as there s*ite mate worst car ever owned.
    I know how you feel. You don't want to like Audi, but there's nothing else really around that takes your fancy.

The problem I've got is I've had two bad eggs, and now my third time lucky is my 18 year old V6 cabriolet. So I'm struggling to justify buying another.
    (N) 2.6 V6 Audi Convertible Europa Blue
    (14) E350 AMG Sport Estate Obsidian Black
    Gone: (59) 2.0T A4 S-Line Avant (B8) Lava Grey
    (02) 1.8T A4 sport saloon (B6) Denim Blue

0 1 0

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234