Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Guys

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me with regards to this issue

I have a 32gb SD card which I have been using for some time without issues. Last night I added further music to the card taking it up to 6200 songs. I then tested it and albums that were previously on the SD card have vanished completely from the Audi system. They are still on the SD card when read by my laptop???

Are there limits to the amount of songs on the SD card?

Kind Regards

Chris

0 0 0

2. Re: SD card problem in Audi A4 2010 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by avo View Post
    Hi Guys

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me with regards to this issue

I have a 32gb SD card which I have been using for some time without issues. Last night I added further music to the card taking it up to 6200 songs. I then tested it and albums that were previously on the SD card have vanished completely from the Audi system. They are still on the SD card when read by my laptop???

Are there limits to the amount of songs on the SD card?

Kind Regards

Chris
    AFAIK, the limit is 4000 songs total and 1000 per directory. Here is something I pulled from another forum which is from the manual.

The following audio file specifications are supported by the CD/DVD drive, the jukebox, the memory card reader and the connection for the USB mass storage device*:
    MP3 files
    WMA files
    AAC files
    Format
    MPEG-1 Layer 3
    MPEG-2 Layer 3
    Version 7, 8 and 9
    MPEG-4
    Profiles
    LC - Low Complexity
    File extension
    .mp3
    .wma
    .m4a
    File system - Memory card and USB mass storage device: FAT or FAT32 process, only one partition
    CD/DVD drive: Joliet (CDs: single session and multisession; DVDs: only single session)
    Standard - ISO 9660 Level 1 and 2
    Bit rates - 32 to 320 kbits/s and variable bit rates in sampling frequencies of 8 to 48 kHz
    Playlist formats - M3U and PLS
    No. of files
    CD/DVD drive: max. 1000 files per medium and directory
    Jukebox: max. 3000 files in total
    USB mass storage device and memory card: max. 4000 files in total and max. 1000 files per directory
    Supported media
    Memory card readers: Memory cards with a capacity of up to 32 GB
    CD/DVD drive: audio CDs, MP3/WMA/AAC CDs with a capacity of up to 700 MB
    MP3/WMA/AAC DVDs in the format DVD-5, -9, -10, -14 and -18,
    standard DVD-V and DVD-V-compatible DVD-A
    Audi Music Interface: iPod Link,
    USB mass storage device Link
    Meta data
    ID3 tag up to 50 characters
    WMA tag up to 50 characters
    Support of meta data
    WARNING!
    For safety reasons the card reader cover must always be closed while driving - risk of injury!

Note
    •The jukebox does not support playlists.
    •The more files, directories or playlists are stored on a medium, the longer it will take to load the audio files.
    •We recommend using a storage device which contains only audio files.
    •If you want to reduce the time it takes to load the audio files you can create subfolders (e.g. for an artist or album).
    •We recommend using SD cards with performance category 4 or higher to access the audio files as quickly as possible.
    •We recommend a bit rate of at least 160 kbit/s for compressing MP3 files.
    •In the case of MP3 files with variable bit rate, the display of elapsed playing time may deviate from the actual figure.
    •The MMI media drives do not support DRM-protected files.
    •In view of the variety of CDs/DVDs and the difference in memory capacities, the functionality may be restricted in the case of some memory devices.
    •Under certain circumstances, audio CDs/video DVDs that are copy-protected or CDs/DVDs that do not comply with the standard audio format cannot be played at all, or the functionality may be limited. CDs that comply with the standard audio format have the label "Compact Disc Digital Audio".
    •Under certain circumstances, multisession CDs cannot be played, or the functionality may be limited. We recommend always finalising the burning process when creating multisession CDs.
    •The display of country-specific characters (e.g. for ID3 tag information) depends on the language set on the MMI system; it cannot be ensured that these characters are displayed correctly.
    •Never store important data on the memory cards, the jukebox, CDs/DVDs or portable players. Audi shall not accept any liability whatsoever for the loss of files or data.
    •Please note that audio files are copyright-protected.

0 0 0

3. Re: SD card problem in Audi A4 2010 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had this problem, shortening the titles solved my issues

0 0 0