1. Thumbs up B7 Towbar advice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi guys, I'm going to fit a Tow bar to my B7 Estate 2011, with parking sensors.
    i previously fitted a tow with electrics to my B6, but as I didn't used it that regular I wired my tail light into a fused ignition live so they were on all the time, I didn't bothered to set up the ECU either.
    So to that end I want to do it right this time!

What is the score for wiring in the single electrics, is it the same as the B6?
    What extra wiring do I need to wire in, eg, wiring to the front?
    What the score with Parking Sensors?
    How much can I do myself, I'm a mechanic in the British Army, so pretty handy, will it just be the ECU set up I need.
    Cheers
    Kelv

0 0 0

2. Re: B7 Towbar advice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Kelv,

I take it that this is a Passat and not an A4. You have the same 2 options for the wiring. There is universal wiring which is the cheapest, needs to be spliced into the vehicles wiring but perfectly safe or you could go for dedicated wiring which is a kit made for the vehicle (like the genuine kit) so it mostly plugs straight in and will enable any settings the vehicle has for example switch off parking sensors or activate trailer stability.
    Once the dedicated kit is installed it would need a software update via a VAGCOM or some other coding tools. With your background you will have the ability to do either as the dedicated wiring kits come with full instructions.
    We stock many brands of towbars and wiring kits including Westfalia (O.E to VAG)
    If you'd like a quote for the towbar and wiring give us a call on 0161 886 5796 we wont be beaten on price.

Thanks Adam
    PF Jones Towbars | National Mobile Towbar Fitting | Audi Towbars

We will beat any like for like price on all Witter and Westfalia Towbars 0161 872 4755

0 0 0

3. Re: B7 Towbar advice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelv634 View Post
    Hi guys, I'm going to fit a Tow bar to my B7 Estate 2011, with parking sensors.
    i previously fitted a tow with electrics to my B6, but as I didn't used it that regular I wired my tail light into a fused ignition live so they were on all the time, I didn't bothered to set up the ECU either.
    So to that end I want to do it right this time!

What is the score for wiring in the single electrics, is it the same as the B6?
    What extra wiring do I need to wire in, eg, wiring to the front?
    What the score with Parking Sensors?
    How much can I do myself, I'm a mechanic in the British Army, so pretty handy, will it just be the ECU set up I need.
    Cheers
    Kelv

I bought the dedicated set up from PFJ towbars, [ to keep my manufactures warrenty ] and had it fitted by one of their recommended installers, and it was a most professional job that he done, my bill for supply & fitted was £510, but if your vehicle is now out of warrenty, then go for the scotch-lock into the wiring loom [ without the dedicated loom m8 ?? ]

[ PFJ Towbars ] ..... thanks for the great service you`s supplied me .....

0 0 0

4. Re: B7 Towbar advice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Adam,

I spoke to you today on the phone reference my tow bar, do you have a link I can look at them?
    Does the tow bar have a changeable hitch, I need to fit mine which is the one with the removable pin.
    Cheers
    Kelv

0 0 0

5. Re: B7 Towbar advice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Wullboy Thanks for the comments.

Kelv, if you are looking to fit a Jaw/Pin style hitch then you need a flange style towbar, these are available in a fixed or detachable neck.
    Have a look at this link for your choices Passat Estate 2011 on Towbars
    Your parking sensors may pick up on the fixed towbar and bleep every time you select reverse but most vehicles with factory fit sensors are usually fine.
    Can any one else out there comment on this?

Thanks Adam.
    PF Jones Towbars | National Mobile Towbar Fitting | Audi Towbars

We will beat any like for like price on all Witter and Westfalia Towbars 0161 872 4755

0 0 0