Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blair77 View Post
    Hi folks,

Well, where do I start. On Friday I was told my my local dealer that the mechatronics gearbox was faulty, none in Milton Keynes so it would be a new order in Germany. She was getting back to me on Tuesday about an expected date of them recieving the part as they can't order it until Monday (today) and it takes 24 hours to go through the system in Germany.

Then on Saturday when I was out, a chap phoned my wife from the same garage. He claims that they still do not know what is wrong with the car, they are getting loads of faulty error messages when they plug it in and they have their Master Technician working on and and he will be back on it on Monday morning to try and locate the fault. Hhhmm.

The novelty of the A5 Cabrio has worn off and I just want my new car back. I suspect I won't be getting it back quickly though. This has without doubt spoiled my new car experience, and now I have serious doubts about the cars long term reliability, something I would never have even considered before Wednesday evening. I've emailed the dealer where I got it, although with them being 450 miles away not sure what they can do. I've also emailed Audi Customer Services to register my rage with them, and I've told them that as the car is financed on an Audi Finance PCP, I don't think it is right that I am currently paying for a car I don't have.

I'll keep you all posted with any updates, I'm away to look at Google Images of A6 Avant Ultras

You seem to be in a similar position to the other guy with a mystery Stronic fault and he got a replacement car. Two months in the dock after 5 days ownership is completely unacceptable. Reject it immediately and ignore the naysayers who say how hard it is, Audi have a process for handling new cars with serious faults.

0 0 0

2. Re: Car goosed after 5 days 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Another call yesterday from my local dealer who have the car, who were chased up by my supplying dealer.

They will get a new mechatronics unit on Monday so I 'should' have the car back a week today. I'm still at a loss as to how a brand new component can fail though. I could understand if it was an 80,000 mile gearbox and an oil change has been missed, but with this happening 5 days in it will take a while for the car to regain my confidence.

0 0 0

3. Re: Car goosed after 5 days 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I'm still at a loss as to how a brand new component can fail though. I could understand if it was an 80,000 mile gearbox and an oil change has been missed, but with this happening 5 days in it will take a while for the car to regain my confidence.
    If there is a defect, a component will fail quickly. This is particularly true to electronic components, and those where there is no significant wear and tear (such as gearboxes, which wear, but slowly). If there is no defect, it will last, unless you don't maintain it (e.g. missing an oil change).

That's why you have a warranty. Some new components will fail and be replaced.
    63 reg Ibis White A6 2.0 TDI SE Multitronic, Tech pack, folding mirrors, rear view camera, heated seats.

0 0 0

4. Re: Car goosed after 5 days 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Aaaaarrrggghhh,

So I was told on Tuesday my complaint was being escalated to Customer Relations Manager level and I'd be contacted within 24 hours. Then I popped into my local dealer on Wednesday for an update. The mechatronics unit that was going to take a week to arrive from Germany miraculously made it to Scotland in 48 hours, however without the gaskets needed to fit it.

Phoned the dealer again today, and the had the gaskets and mechatronic unit, but were unaware the engine needed 'special oil'. And as it was a Friday, they seemingly can't order the oil until Monday, and it may need to come from Germany so could take a few days. So I defo won't be getting my car back on Tuesday.

So then I phoned Audi UK and asked why no one has got back to me. The chap told me the manager dealing with my case must still be dealing with it. I've asked that this new delay be recorded on my file too, however the chap was unable to tell me when I'd be contacted by Audi about my new car breaking down after 5 days and me still not having it after a week.

Then whilst I was on the phone to Audi UK my supplying dealer emailed me to say Audi UK has agreed to extend my warranty to cover my 4 year PCP deal, a request I made early on. I now feel differently, totally differently.

I feel I shouldn't have to be chasing up Audi UK to get answers as to when I'll be getting my car back, and I especially feel an Audi workshop should know what oil goes in what engine. I'm very angry now about the whole affair. I don't know where I stand on this, but I've told my supplying dealer that I want to look into rejecting the car. Not sure if I'll be able to do this or not, and it's more out of principle than anything else.

its going to be a looong weekend waiting to hear back.

P.S. Just remembered, I wrote Audi UK an email on Tuesday morning stating everything that happened and asking both if I could cancel car and how are they prepared to compensate me. Still nothing.

0 0 0

5. Re: Car goosed after 5 days 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Aaaaarrrggghhh,

P.S. Just remembered, I wrote Audi UK an email on Tuesday morning stating everything that happened and asking both if I could cancel car and how are they prepared to compensate me. Still nothing.
    Rejection; you have to give the supplying dealer (or whoever they delegate it to) a chance to fix the problem. They can't take an excessive time to do that and I would have thought that they, despite their incompetence, are still within a reasonable time to fix it.

If you want to reject the car tell the supplying dealer not Audi UK. Don't ask them, tell them, and VWaudi finance, you are rejecting the car under Sale of Goods Act 1979, Section 14 which makes clear that the car must be of satisfactory quality and that you want all of your money back or you want the car replaced with an identical car.
    A6 Allroad BiTDI, Phantom Black, Rear Parking Camera, Tech Pack, Lighting Pack, Heated Front Seats, Side Assist, 75l Tank, Thru Load, Adaptive Lights, 4 Zone a/c, Comfort Seats, Folding/Dimming Door Mirrors, Deletion of Model / Engine Badges.

1 0 0

6. Re: Car goosed after 5 days 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm now looking at Thursday at the earliest before I get it back. They seemingly ordered the 'special' oil today and it will arrive on Wednesday.

Totally gutted, never want to repeat this experience again on a new car, especially one that's way more expensive than anything I've ever bought before.

1 0 0

7. Re: Car goosed after 5 days 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    I'm now looking at Thursday at the earliest before I get it back. They seemingly ordered the 'special' oil today and it will arrive on Wednesday.
    Presumably the "special oil" is to give you a full body massage to calm you down when you go to visit the dealership next
    A6 allroad BiTdi (MY14, July 2013 - DAB & power tailgate). Glacier white, tech pack (HDD Nav, colour DIS, Parking Plus), sports seats, 4 zone climate, heated seats front and rear, ambient lighting, 75L fuel tank, adaptive Bi Xenon headlights

0 0 0

8. Re: Car goosed after 5 days 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ukgroucho View Post
    Presumably the "special oil" is to give you a full body massage to calm you down when you go to visit the dealership next
    Allah willing

On a serious note though, are they gonna make Ultra owners wait three days to get their cars back when they pop in for a quick service?

0 0 0

9. Re: Car goosed after 5 days 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Allah willing

On a serious note though, are they gonna make Ultra owners wait three days to get their cars back when they pop in for a quick service?
    Chances are the oil/fluid used is a 'lifetime fill' so won't be a service item. This is probably why they have to special order ex-Germany. That and the fact the engine/box combination is too new to have much in the way of spares in the distribution chain.

Suspect they'll be putting some contingency spares somewhere in the UK soon.....

1 0 0

10. Re: Car goosed after 5 days 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That makes more sense, I don't really know the ins and outs of how engines/gearboxes are put together.

I'm phoning the local dealer today, hopefully he'll tell me I'll get the car back tomorrow. The last I heard from my supplying dealer after I threatened to reject the car was on Monday when I was told they were in discussions with Audi UK and they'd contact me. That old chestnut

0 0 0

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast