Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I must have a Friday afternoon car.

Posted this morning about my auto boot not working. That's the least of my worries now.

Driving along tonight and car violently jerked, saying there was a gearbox malfunction and that I could continue on limited drive ability. The AA have been out, the car is getting taken away to my local dealer tomorrow morning and I'm getting a courtesy car.

The AA man reckons it's a turbo or turbine sensor that's away. Totally unimpressed so far, love the car to bits but have only covered 550 miles, 440 of them was driving it home from the dealers.

0 0 0

2. Re: Car goosed after 5 days 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm really sorry to hear this, that can't be a good feeling at 5 days old, I really feel for you.

When I read this I thought of another thread I read recently.

I wonder if it's a similar issue to this thread below. It might be worth having a read of this and then contacting the OP for some more info if needed.
    It broke already!

I wish you the all best with a quick fix/resolution to this, keep us updated.

Steve

2 1 0

3. Re: Car goosed after 5 days 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blair77 View Post
    I must have a Friday afternoon car.

Posted this morning about my auto boot not working. That's the least of my worries now.

Driving along tonight and car violently jerked, saying there was a gearbox malfunction and that I could continue on limited drive ability. The AA have been out, the car is getting taken away to my local dealer tomorrow morning and I'm getting a courtesy car.

The AA man reckons it's a turbo or turbine sensor that's away. Totally unimpressed so far, love the car to bits but have only covered 550 miles, 440 of them was driving it home from the dealers.

Is it an Ultra Stronic?

0 0 0

4. Re: Car goosed after 5 days 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ye it is. Seemed a great engine/gearbox combination, until last night that is.

Thanks for that link Steve, grim reading but maybe an insight as to what lies ahead for me.

0 0 0

5. Re: Car goosed after 5 days 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blair77 View Post
    Ye it is. Seemed a great engine/gearbox combination, until last night that is.

Thanks for that link Steve, grim reading but maybe an insight as to what lies ahead for me.
    No worries blair, I hope it all works out for you ok! This has got me a little concerned now, as I've got one on order for October delivery.

0 0 0

6. Re: Car goosed after 5 days 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Fatbadger. I'm sure any problems will be ironed out by then.

My wife just phoned me, I have a nice 200 mile on the clock A5 cabrio on my driveway until they fix the A6, it's certainly made me feel a bit better about the situation.

Funny though how I wasn't allowed to buy an A5 Coupe, yet when I offer to bring the S Max home at lunchtime so she can take the kids out, she is confident she can fit the car seats into the A5.

0 2 0

7. Re: Car goosed after 5 days 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well at least you have something nice to pootle around in until it's fixed. Women eh? Can't live without them, can't shoot em :P

I see from your other thread that you are an ex vRS owner. I'm on my 3rd myself and could not pass on the deal I got on the Avant I ordered this week. It will be a shame to move away from the Octavia but the Audi just blows it out of the water, even the MKIII which I was thinking of buying, I drove one on launch day at Goodwood last year, but could not bring myself to pay almost the same amount for the Octavia which I am for the A6. Roll on October.

Hope you get on ok with your issues, as I said before keep us updated as it will be good to know the outcome.

0 1 0

8. Re: Car goosed after 5 days 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatbadger View Post
    Well at least you have something nice to pootle around in until it's fixed. Women eh? Can't live without them, can't shoot em :P

I see from your other thread that you are an ex vRS owner. I'm on my 3rd myself and could not pass on the deal I got on the Avant I ordered this week. It will be a shame to move away from the Octavia but the Audi just blows it out of the water, even the MKIII which I was thinking of buying, I drove one on launch day at Goodwood last year, but could not bring myself to pay almost the same amount for the Octavia which I am for the A6. Roll on October.

Hope you get on ok with your issues, as I said before keep us updated as it will be good to know the outcome.
    I only ended up in my a6 due to the lead times on the octavia. Ordered a vrs combi just after Christmas but still had no build week or any update 6 weeks later. Then started looking around and realised the deals that were available on the a6. Very pleased with my decision although would love a similar petrol engined a6!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

9. Re: Car goosed after 5 days 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefbadger View Post
    I only ended up in my a6 due to the lead times on the octavia. Ordered a vrs combi just after Christmas but still had no build week or any update 6 weeks later. Then started looking around and realised the deals that were available on the a6. Very pleased with my decision although would love a similar petrol engined a6!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I also forgot to mention lead times was a show stopper for me and reading various threads on another forum about delays, no firm build weeks months after ordering and complete disappointment with updates from the dealers but mainly skoda uk, my mind was made up when I was offered a cracking deal, which was only a few quid more than the vRS I wanted. How could I turn it down?

My last vRS was an 8 month lead time, but I ended up driving if off the forecourt within 3 months, totally shocked, but very pleased.

0 0 0

10. Re: Car goosed after 5 days 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Local dealer called me this evening with an update.

Turns out it's the mechatronics unit in the gearbox that's goosed, whatever that is. None in Milton Keynes so it's a factory order in Germany for a new one. Dealer calling back on Tuesday with an update, however it looks like I'm in for a long wait.

Raging. As nice as the A5 Cabrio is that they have gave me, the novelty has worn off already, missing my new car, having spent the last 2 months in a hire car I now face more time in one, and to top it off I'm really not that keen on paying monthly payments for a car I don't have.

1 0 0

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast