1. Chip for the Ultra 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Has anyone used or come across Diesel Tuning Chip for Audi A6 2.0 TDI Ultra 190PS / 140kW / 187bhp previously?

I'm still pretty unconvinced on a 'plug in' from the reading I've done, but always like to be proven wrong!

I know there are plenty of threads on the whole chip/plug in/remap theme, but couldn't find any previous on chip express other than a link from a few years back. Perhaps this is a bad sign or they're just a hidden gem?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Re: Chip for the Ultra 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefbadger View Post
    Has anyone used or come across Diesel Tuning Chip for Audi A6 2.0 TDI Ultra 190PS / 140kW / 187bhp previously?

I'm still pretty unconvinced on a 'plug in' from the reading I've done, but always like to be proven wrong!

I know there are plenty of threads on the whole chip/plug in/remap theme, but couldn't find any previous on chip express other than a link from a few years back. Perhaps this is a bad sign or they're just a hidden gem?!

Its not as if the Ultra in standard form is lacking performance. Cant see the point except bragging rights that your car - in theory at least - has 235 bhp.

0 0 0

3. Re: Chip for the Ultra 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If that's pointless, then this is just crazy. Or seriously tempting, depending on viewpoint I imagine:

APR Audi RS6 & RS7 4.0 TFSI V8 ECU Upgrade

674 bhp and 700ft/lb anyone?

0 0 0

4. Re: Chip for the Ultra 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

What it comes down to is how many connections the system has.

The cheapest ones only connect to the fuel rail and are little better than resistor mods in that all they control is the amount of over fuelling going on. They don't know the engine speed or the amount of turbo boost pressure.

Better units have a connection to the boost sensor as well as the fuel rail. These can increase boost as well as fuel so they at least add extra air while they over-fuel, assuming extra air is available from the turbo.

the best currently available units also monitor the camshaft sensor so they can vary the fuelling and boost at specific revs. This is basically the same as a simple remap.

None of these tuning boxes is as good as a remap because ultimately they can't vary ALL the engine parameters like a remap can, but they are getting much more sophisticated.

DTUK are forum sponsors I think and they sell a 3-channel tuning box. If you buy the DTUK tuning box from Shark Performance in Mansfield they can load a custom map on it for you.

Chip Express could be great, but my gut feel is it's a single channel unit and will therefore quickly start to clog up the DPF.

2 1 0

5. Re: Chip for the Ultra 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rickerby View Post
    Its not as if the Ultra in standard form is lacking performance. Cant see the point except bragging rights that your car - in theory at least - has 235 bhp.
    Guess it's just dependent on what different folks are used to. It's absolutely fine for daily duties, but even trying to accelerate up to NSL when an a road becomes a dual carriageway etc, the car just never really pulls hard.

I am almost always 4 up with a boot full of buggies etc too so probably makes quite a difference to performance.

0 0 0

6. Re: Chip for the Ultra 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Guess it's just dependent on what different folks are used to. It's absolutely fine for daily duties, but even trying to accelerate up to NSL when an a road becomes a dual carriageway etc, the car just never really pulls hard.

I am almost always 4 up with a boot full of buggies etc too so probably makes quite a difference to performance.

Any by update on this?? My wife's swapping me her A6 Ultra for my new Golf Mk7 GTD and the A6 needs a bit of a shot in the arm. My last sporty estate was bmw 535d and it was remapped.

Did you go the DTUK route??

0 0 0

7. Re: Chip for the Ultra 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    I had the dtuk fuel and boost chip on my 177ps a6 and it made a big difference. Turbo lag wasn't as noticeable and pulled well in the high gears. Got the 190 ultra a6 fl now and I feel that it isn't as quick and torquey as my 177 with the chip.
    I have spoken to Andy(dtuk) and I'm gonna get the new chip for my 190 when I rack up a few more miles on the new car. Will report back once I get it.
    I recommend having a quick word with Andy. Very nice guy to deal with.

1 0 0

8. Re: Chip for the Ultra 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    I did start the conversation with Andy but on the GTD..... Not sure if Andy is on here as well? My Ultras an S-Tronic S-line Estate, any issue with torque bring limited on the auto box, as the Golf GTD apparently is?? Also it states on the DTUK site 50ps and 110nm increase, is that realistic? Seam a hell of a hike?

0 0 0

9. Re: Chip for the Ultra 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    As someone who's driving a 2 tonne (8 year old) car with a 2.0 diesel 140PS engine and autobox (and for our congested and highly regulated country finds it plenty fast enough getting up to our national speed limit ) may I ask why you bought a 2-tonne car with a 2.0 diesel engine and didn't spot that it might be a tad pedestrian, even in 190PS form? This is a genuine question rather than a troll / trouble-making / being a d1ckhead type of thing (although I am occasionally the latter ). I'm properly intrigued here.

I totally get that others have different priorities from me and feel that a 7 second 0-60 figure is far better and more impressive than a 10 second 0-60 figure when leaving the traffic lights - but isn't that what the very capable 3.0 Tdi is for?

Getting a performance car and wanting to tune it and getting a 2 tonne diesel estate car and wanting to tune are very different desires (IMHO of course). I can also understand the BiTdi owners wanting to squeeze more out....they've gone for the performance pinnacle and were already power freaks (in the nicest possible way) when they bough the original car.

I would have thought that once residual values and out-of-warranty arguments with the dealer about their TD1 detection have been taken into account, there's very little actual difference in the long term ownership costs between the 2.0 and 3.0? Not to mention the possibility of broken bits not coping with the extra torque. Nothing is over-engineered these days, to save weight.

Not having a pop, genuine question around....why?

0 2 0

10. Re: Chip for the Ultra 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Reasonable question and an easy (long) answer....bad luck is one but the detail.... I didnt chose the car but I'm swapping with the wife. I am kicking myself I didn't buy her the 245 3.0 Quattro Black edition now but

1. I didn't believe the wife would want to swap
    2. I was not footing the extra £100 a month leasing cost.
    3. I ordered E350 AMG Premium plus estate with the new 9 GTronic) for myself, (that would also be getting DTUKd)

However, as that was delayed by 6 months..... My X5 35d was sold so I had a small window to get an in stock car. And I looked at EVERYTHING (530d, 335d xdrive GT, Infiniti something, 420d coupe, c250 amg, Audi S3, etc.....). But spec and availability was a nightmare Hence no Golf R but a GTD.... ***... And surprisingly I properly love it. But the wife wants to swap when she goes back to work (1st child born), she always has small sporty diesels (118d Ms, A3 TDi S-line, etc)

So I am where I am...... A6 has 12+ months left on the lease so before I start to look at what's next I'm going to make the most of what I've got.

Ok?

2 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast