1. Kufatec 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    I have tried to contact them via e mail, no reply.
    Have anyone tried to call them?, do they speak English, and are they technical or just sales people?
    Im looking for some parts, but might not need everything in a package, and would like to talk to someone that is knowled ;-)

0 0 0

2. Re: Kufatec 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    When did you contact them? Always wait 24/48hrs before resending.

0 0 0

3. Re: Kufatec 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A6_Chris View Post
    When did you contact them? Always wait 24/48hrs before resending.

01.07-14, simple question on mail, "what do I need", included VIN..

0 0 0

4. Re: Kufatec 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    I got a reply in a matter of hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

0 0 0

5. Re: Kufatec 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Try this email address....

richard@richtersport.co.uk

Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

0 0 0

6. Re: Kufatec 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1tchy View Post
    Try this email address....

richard@richtersport.co.uk

Good, tnx :-)

0 0 0

7. Re: Kufatec 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Dear kim

Thank you for your request.

You need following product to retrofit this in you vehicle:

http://www.kufatec.de/shop/de/audi/a...-audi-a6-a7-4g

Feel free to contact us if you have any other questions.

Kind regards,

KUFATEC Support Team

0 0 0

8. Re: Kufatec 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Well that's not cheap!

They got back to me ref traffic sign recognition too, turns out I need a £300 module and £500 worth of fitting and coding!

Think I'll leave that one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

0 0 0

9. Re: Kufatec 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    I did some further digging:
    The control units necessary for the Audi active lane assist function:
    Camera control unit J852:
    · Registers the area in front of the vehicle and transfers the images to the image processing control unit J851
    · Searches for lane boundary lines in the images, determines their exact position and geometry, and transfers this infor- mation to the control unit J851
    Image processing control unit J851:
    · The function software of Audi active lane assist is integrated in this unit
    · Transmits the required system steering moment to the control unit for power steering J500 and, if required, requests a vibration alarm
    · Asks the control unit in dash panel insert J285 to display the current system state and, if required, to display messages and warnings
    · Transfers the current system state to the control unit for windscreen projection J898 and asks it, if required, to display warnings
    · Saves the settings for Audi active lane assist made via the MMI. The stored values are assigned to the vehicle key in use.
    Power steering control unit J500:
    · Activates the motor for electromechanical steering accor- ding to the specifications of the control unit J851 (generation of the required system steering moment and output of a vibration warning)
    · Reads in the sensor for steering moment G269 and forwards the steering moment to the control unit J851
    Optional control units that can be used if fitted:
    Adaptive cruise control unit J428 and control unit 2 for adaptive cruise control J850:
    • If the vehicle has the optional extra ACC, its measured variables are used for the two functions "Deliberate lane change without set turn indicator" and "System characteris- tics with obstacles detected on the neighbouring lane"
    Park assist steering control unit J791:
    • If the vehicle has the optional extra front / rear parking aid, its measured variables are used for the function "System characteristics with obstacles detected on the neighbouring lane"
    Data bus diagnostic interface J533:
    • The interface of the various data bus systems
    Steering column electronics control unit J527:
    • Reads in the button for switching the Audi active lane assist on and off and places the information on the CAN bus
    Control unit in dash panel insert J285:
    • Displays the current system state of Audi active lane assist • Issues messages of Audi active lane assist
    Control unit 1 for information electronics J794:
    • Settings for Audi active lane assist can be made via the control unit J794
    Control unit for windscreen projection J898:
    • If the vehicle has a head-up display, the current system state and warnings from Audi active lane assist can be displayed there

Then I went through my VCDS scan and I have:
    J851
    J500 (V187) ?
    J852
    J428
    J533
    J285
    J527
    J898
    J794

So, I just sent a mail to Kufatec:
    "Hi again, can you please indicate what the module name/type is?
    That comes with the kit?"

I need to know what this is before going to Audi to ask for coding.

0 0 0

10. Re: Kufatec 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    No feedback from Kufatec yet, spoke to Audi today, they will not code the car!, so back to the drawing board...
    I have not seen anyone that have been able to do this yet, seems like a challenge I cannot refuse :-)
    1. does it need software, or just enabling ?
    2. it will need calibrating to operate, but I assume the camera is calibrated already, so assuming I can just go next, next when doing the adaption.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast