Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey all,

I have a 2009 1.8T A3 with a 7 Speeds gearbox. As you may know these DSG were recalled for oil change recently.

Anyway just got the car back after the oil change and this morning (15-20 miles since the car was with Audi) I got a ESP Fault at ignition and the car won't start.
    I call the road side assistance which diagnotise the car with a fault in the Transmission Control Unit (short circuit according to the tech as the fuse keep blowing).

Anyway, I'm wondering, can this actually be a coincidence or is it be linked to what Audi could have touched while changing the DSG oil.
    I haven't heard yet from Audi but I'm expecting them to push for me to pay the repair to be honest.

Any details about this or experience to share would be really appreciated

Thanks.

0 0 0

2. Re: ESP Fault and Transmission Control Unit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1841 Post(s)
    That is nothing to do with the oil change I know about which is the final drive oil, in the dry clutch box the mMechatronic oil cannot be changed under any circumstances. Can you find out the recall number and your cars engine and transmission types codes.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: ESP Fault and Transmission Control Unit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Crasher,

I'm not sure I can have these, I actually don't really know how to get them.
    All I have is a "Warranty free of charge" document from Audi saying they carried out "34f4 workshop action". That from Wednesday for the recall. I haven't received anything yet for the new issue described in the original post as they will call me on Monday morning.

Just found this online, seems to be related:
    Audi Australia P/L—A1 (8X), A3 (8P), A3 (8V) & TT (8J)

0 0 0

4. Re: ESP Fault and Transmission Control Unit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1841 Post(s)
    34F4 is the "Campaign" code (VAG Don't like the "R" word") so if you do not have the cars service book which has all the info on the inside front cover, PM me your REG number and I can look up some details, not as much as when I am at work, but enough. Also on the service data sticker there will be a "Type" code that starts 8P, that would also be very useful.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: ESP Fault and Transmission Control Unit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'll use the C word instead from now on
    I'll definitely do that. The manual is in the car... Which has been towed to Audi dealership so I won't get anything before Monday but I'll keep you in the loop.

0 0 0

6. Re: ESP Fault and Transmission Control Unit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1841 Post(s)
    The oil change carried out more than likely has something to do with the Mechatronic units failure, basically it was too late!

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: ESP Fault and Transmission Control Unit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    The oil chnage carried out more than likely has something to do with the Mechatronic units failure, basically it was too late!
    That's good to hear to be honest as I think that means they would repair/change the unit as part of warranty.
    I'll keep you updated on Monday.

0 0 0

8. Re: ESP Fault and Transmission Control Unit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1841 Post(s)
    I hope so, the point of the "campaign" is to prevent this exact same failure.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

9. Re: ESP Fault and Transmission Control Unit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quick update to let you know there is no update.

So far Audi has been very evasive as when it will be fixed. When I called again they said they had but didn't know what was wrong. And then again they said they needed to check...

My guess... They haven't actually checked anything yet...

0 0 0

10. Re: ESP Fault and Transmission Control Unit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry for double posting.

Just back from Audi and they haven't looked at the car but it is in the workshop for investigation as I speak. I'll probably know more tomorrow-ish.

They couldn't give me a car though but ended up find a freaking Polo... Which they will swap on Wednesday for a decent car if mine isn't fixed.
    Speaking to the customer care manager it seems he had confirmation from the technician that the issue is indeed linked to the campaign and the reason they changed the oil.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast