Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Wow maybe I should have set this thread to ANSWERED

My thoughts for starting this thread were to find out from anyone who was kind enough to share their thoughts on any options at all. So far this has been spot on as has helped me make a very important decision.

The best decision for me was to go to a dealer and test drive a car with and without the options I wanted/was considering.

So the spec I went for was the Tech Pack, Reversing Camera, Heated Front Seats, Storage and Light pack and folding mirrors.

Once I'd seen the Colour DIS, the larger screen and had a play with the touch pad and sat nav for around 30 mins in the show room I had to have the Tech pack.
    I did not test the Camera but have seen a few so I wasn't fussed.
    The wife wanted heated seats, enough said
    All the reset have their practical uses for me and they were cheap options so were a no brainer.

Now how do I set this thread to answered??

0 0 0

2. Re: What options are a must? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chesterfield View Post
    Its useful to hear of others experiences to see whether they have actually used an option as much as they thought they would, or indeed miss an option that they thought they could live without.

As an example, I wasnt going to bother with Head Up Display. Always thought it was a bit of a gimmick. Ive never had a car with it before and it never bothered me. However after having driven one with it and one without it - especially after trying some quick acceleration, keeping the road and the speed in view at the same time may have some license saving qualities.

Also, I was going to spec soft close doors, but after researching and finding that these systems do not have a sensor/failsafe incase of fingers being in the doors when the motors pul them shut, I decided against them. There are some horror stories about of these systems crushing adult fingers, so if one of my kids had their finger in the door when the motors grabbed them, I would not be very happy.

Rear side airbags - £350 and could pottentially be the difference between life and death for one of my kids in the back - no brainer option for me.

Adaptive cruise and lane assist, I have adaptive cruise on the current range rover, and although not the system that will come to a complete stop like the audi, I find it makes long motorway journeys that little bit more comfortable. Lane assist will hopefully add to that, just in case the kids are distracting whilst driving along.

Did not bother with the rear seat entertainment - although I will get some for the kids, it wont be fixed into the car. for the silly money this costs, you can get a system that will allow you to remove it and put into another car, or indeed take out of the car and let them carry it around and finish watching whatever episode of Peppa Pig they are in the middle of when you arrive at your destination.

Phone prep High I went for, because the touch pad and the google maps is right up my street being a gadget addict. Anything that gives more options on being able to input a destination should hopefully make it easy for the wife to enter a destination on the move as she does not share my love of gadgets, anything that makes it easier is less likely to cause me ear ache when I forget to set the destination before setting off.

Speed limit display - I added this as another gadget with the money saved from binning the power doors. For the occasional time that I may be going down some lane where Ive managed to miss the sign if it helps out then that would be nice.

Larger alloy wheels - horses for courses, if you are aiming for the pinacle of smooth ride quality, then you want to stay away from lower profile tyres and stick with the smaller allow wheels and baloon tyres.

Well thats my ramblings - hopefully may have been of some use. If I think of more Ill post up.
    You went for pretty much the same options as me, for much the same reasons. The time is now - A6 ordered
    Audi A6 (C7) 3.0 TDI S Line Quattro 245 Daytona Grey Sep 2013 -
    Audi A4 (B8) 2.0 TDI SE 143 Lava Grey 2008 - 2013

0 0 0

3. Re: What options are a must? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Just a couple of other things, the HUD is more valuable if you get the speed limit display, Adaptive cruise and lane assist, as these options are all shown on the HUD.

The MMI touch is a bit naff; the postcode entry might be cool if you are left handed or ambidextrous, but hopeless for right handers. The sat nav scrolling seems very sluggish with the touch panel too.
    Audi A6 (C7) 3.0 TDI S Line Quattro 245 Daytona Grey Sep 2013 -
    Audi A4 (B8) 2.0 TDI SE 143 Lava Grey 2008 - 2013

0 0 0

4. Re: What options are a must? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by belly buster View Post
    The MMI touch is a bit naff; the postcode entry might be cool if you are left handed or ambidextrous, but hopeless for right handers.
    That is what stopped me specing it, it is designed for the Chinese market and therefore on the wrong side of the console for right handed people, I couldn't get on with it at all when playing with one in the showroom.

0 0 0

5. Re: What options are a must? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I must be in the minority then, as even though right handed I specced the mmi touch with phone keep high. Tried one in the showroom and it felt quite easy. The voice recognition for full address worked well too. However a lot of time the destination is set while on the move and its often the passenger setting it in my car, in which case they would be using their right hand.

0 0 0

6. Re: What options are a must? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chesterfield View Post
    I must be in the minority then, as even though right handed I specced the mmi touch with phone keep high. Tried one in the showroom and it felt quite easy. The voice recognition for full address worked well too. However a lot of time the destination is set while on the move and its often the passenger setting it in my car, in which case they would be using their right hand.
    I agree. I think MMI touch is brilliant and works flawlessly. There is a delay if you draw while looking at the screen but if you draw a letter and look at the road ahead it's spot on.
    Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

0 0 0

7. Re: What options are a must? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by berlintaxi View Post
    That is what stopped me specing it, it is designed for the Chinese market and therefore on the wrong side of the console for right handed people, I couldn't get on with it at all when playing with one in the showroom.
    I'm one of the lucky ones then, as I'm a lefty so worked well for me, but I thought the speech recognition worked well too.

0 0 0

8. Re: What options are a must? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Just been on a web based configurator and once I select the option for storage pack it says the 12v supply in rear console will be deleted!!!

Has anyone noticed this and why would it be deleted?

0 0 0

9. Re: What options are a must? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by berlintaxi View Post
    Ummm....not sure the Chinese market is to blame, more the Left Hand Drive Market. The touchpad would need to be in the door trim for a right hander in a right hand drive car.

0 0 0

10. Re: What options are a must? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cunny678 View Post
    Just been on a web based configurator and once I select the option for storage pack it says the 12v supply in rear console will be deleted!!!

Has anyone noticed this and why would it be deleted?
    This might be because another one is added so you have two.

Below is from the info button for the storage pack option.. This is for the Avant. Not sure if that makes any difference.

"Comprising of 2 drinks holders in the rear centre armrest, luggage net for luggage compartment and two 12-Volt sockets in the rear"

1 0 0

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast