1. Re: Help - 2nd Hand 2010 Audi A4 with Oil Issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I have my car back now, not far off 5 weeks in which Audi UK still won't admit fault. Dundee Audi have replaced the piston rings, conrods etc and essentially rebuilt the engine. Since receiving it back I have noticed an improvement in performence and MPG. I asked for a break down of work done and haven't had it yet although they were happy to verbally conform work done, Dundee Audi advised that an invoice with a break down would be given to John Clark. Oil consumption seems to have stabilised which is a massive weight off the shoulders. I have done around 400 miles with minimal oil consumption. Car was returned with a quarter of a tank used and zero valet but obviously on the grand scale of things didn't really care, felt like we had peeved off all parties concerned and maybe we had....Althought Audi paid for all parts and most labour our car was returned to us in a state. My wife hoovered the courtesy car and made sure it was spotless whilst our car was returned to us in a bit of a mess which was disappointing.

All said though, glad Audi sorted my car and I'm thankful for that.

0 0 0

2. Re: Help - 2nd Hand 2010 Audi A4 with Oil Issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    All repairs aside, I think largely I had an easy time of it. Audi Uk were not easy to deal with. How do BMW and Mercedes compare? This was my first car and more or less my dream car, Audi uk have kind of put me off a little. Are BMW or Merc better to deal with? I was a little naive to all of this and would thing twice about getting an Audi now. Are BM's more reliable?

0 0 0

3. Re: Help - 2nd Hand 2010 Audi A4 with Oil Issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Nisbet View Post
    I have my car back now, not far off 5 weeks in which Audi UK still won't admit fault. Dundee Audi have replaced the piston rings, conrods etc and essentially rebuilt the engine. Since receiving it back I have noticed an improvement in performence and MPG. I asked for a break down of work done and haven't had it yet although they were happy to verbally conform work done, Dundee Audi advised that an invoice with a break down would be given to John Clark. Oil consumption seems to have stabilised which is a massive weight off the shoulders. I have done around 400 miles with minimal oil consumption. Car was returned with a quarter of a tank used and zero valet but obviously on the grand scale of things didn't really care, felt like we had peeved off all parties concerned and maybe we had....Althought Audi paid for all parts and most labour our car was returned to us in a state. My wife hoovered the courtesy car and made sure it was spotless whilst our car was returned to us in a bit of a mess which was disappointing.

All said though, glad Audi sorted my car and I'm thankful for that.
    I bought my car from Audi with a full service history, but still had to kick off big time in order to get the price right down. I think it depends on your dealer.

The garage gave me a full breakdown of the repair if you want to know what's been done.

You may find it will lose oil within the first 1000-2000 miles, then the engine should settle in. I've driven about 4000 miles so far and I've just topped it up for a second time. I've noticed a massive difference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    (N) 2.6 V6 Audi Convertible Europa Blue
    (14) E350 AMG Sport Estate Obsidian Black
    Gone: (59) 2.0T A4 S-Line Avant (B8) Lava Grey
    (02) 1.8T A4 sport saloon (B6) Denim Blue

1 0 0

4. Re: Help - 2nd Hand 2010 Audi A4 with Oil Issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Nisbet View Post
    All repairs aside, I think largely I had an easy time of it. Audi Uk were not easy to deal with. How do BMW and Mercedes compare? This was my first car and more or less my dream car, Audi uk have kind of put me off a little. Are BMW or Merc better to deal with? I was a little naive to all of this and would thing twice about getting an Audi now. Are BM's more reliable?
    I'm currently considering a Merc and spent quite a bit of time on one of their forums. There's a post on there slating customer service, but that's only based on a couple of people's opinions.

Incidentally, I thought the customer service rep for AUK was absolutely useless!

(N) 2.6 V6 Audi Convertible Europa Blue
    (14) E350 AMG Sport Estate Obsidian Black
    Gone: (59) 2.0T A4 S-Line Avant (B8) Lava Grey
    (02) 1.8T A4 sport saloon (B6) Denim Blue

0 0 0

5. Re: Help - 2nd Hand 2010 Audi A4 with Oil Issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My consumption test is in progress at the mo, about 1/5th left indicated on the MMI and 400 miles done. Should be in this week to see what the next stage is
    2010 A4 2.0 TFSI Quattro S-line Exec

0 0 0

6. Re: Help - 2nd Hand 2010 Audi A4 with Oil Issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Well I'm very pleased to note that my new 2.0TFSI has not apparently burned any oil at all in it's first 700 miles, so hopefully that will continue.
    2018 (2017MY) S3 2.0TFSI Sportback Quattro S-Tronic in Nano Grey Metallic.

Black Edition, Reversing camera, Parking System Plus, Hill Hold, Super Sports seats, heated, Dipping exterior mirrors, B&O, Advanced Key, Magnetic Ride, Red Calipers, 19x8J 5-V-Spoke wheels in matte titanium.

0 0 0

7. Re: Help - 2nd Hand 2010 Audi A4 with Oil Issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Show off :-)

0 0 0

8. Re: Help - 2nd Hand 2010 Audi A4 with Oil Issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyfool View Post
    I bought my car from Audi with a full service history, but still had to kick off big time in order to get the price right down. I think it depends on your dealer.

The garage gave me a full breakdown of the repair if you want to know what's been done.

You may find it will lose oil within the first 1000-2000 miles, then the engine should settle in. I've driven about 4000 miles so far and I've just topped it up for a second time. I've noticed a massive difference.

yeah mate, that would be helpful and appreciated. I'm not sure what the reluctance is about. It's not budged for a while. About 400 miles in and just a little oil used, big improvement already.

0 0 0

9. Re: Help - 2nd Hand 2010 Audi A4 with Oil Issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hi all,

done around 450 miles since the repair and the oil is still holding on. I am still getting regular whiffs of something nasty. Seems to be in Gear 1 and 2 in particular, have any of you experienced the same issue? Wondering how long I leave it until I raise it with the garage. To my mind, its become less frequent but would have thought it would have ended now that I have done 450 miles, and its odd to me that it seems to only be in gears 1 and 2... It wasnt something that was happening prior to repair.

Cheers

Paul

0 0 0

10. Re: Help - 2nd Hand 2010 Audi A4 with Oil Issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Update... car failed the consumption test after 420 miles. Quoted £4200 for the repair bill which is pistons, rings and con rods being replaced. After numerous calls round I think I've got it sorted for the price of a service as this makes me a loyal customer :-) cars booked in in a couple of weeks time so let's see how it goes...

0 0 0

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast