Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Nisbet View Post
    How did you get on with you Freedom of Information request? I will do the same thing.
    They didn't respond to a single letter, but at least I had a record of all my conversations.
    (N) 2.6 V6 Audi Convertible Europa Blue
    (14) E350 AMG Sport Estate Obsidian Black
    Gone: (59) 2.0T A4 S-Line Avant (B8) Lava Grey
    (02) 1.8T A4 sport saloon (B6) Denim Blue

0 0 0

2. Re: Help - 2nd Hand 2010 Audi A4 with Oil Issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyfool View Post
    They didn't respond to a single letter, but at least I had a record of all my conversations.
    Thats really poor! I've not recorded my calls, did you record the actual call or just the times and dates with notes?

Has this put you off getting another Audi?

0 0 0

3. Re: Help - 2nd Hand 2010 Audi A4 with Oil Issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I would speak to them, then back it up with a letter.

I was originally going to buy an A6 later this year, but now I'm having second thoughts. Do I take the risk and go with something I know nothing about or do I go with what I know and deal with the sh@@ as a consequence!

I've had Audi's for 12 years now, owning 2 at the moment. I'm wondering whether a change would be good.

0 0 0

4. Re: Help - 2nd Hand 2010 Audi A4 with Oil Issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    FOI only applies to public authorities. You and I (and Audi UK) don't have to worry about them. Still, they could have replied telling you that...

Freedom of Information Act 2000 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

0 0 0

5. Re: Help - 2nd Hand 2010 Audi A4 with Oil Issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roddyp View Post
    FOI only applies to public authorities. You and I (and Audi UK) don't have to worry about them. Still, they could have replied telling you that...

Freedom of Information Act 2000 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Yeah, just thought I would give it a go.

0 0 0

6. Re: Help - 2nd Hand 2010 Audi A4 with Oil Issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Just a little update, my car has been away for close on 4 weeks. Got word today that Audi were taking care of it. They are paying for all parts, majority of the labour and the independent garage the remaining share. Despite the time it's taken to get to this point, I'm pretty happy. It takes a big weight off my mind and means I will be able to start properly enjoying the drive. Dundee Audi have been good to deal with and John Clark have also been great, as I said earlier Audi Uk not so much, it's pretty frustrating that they aren't putting their hands up to the problem and thus then means their call staff are working within parameters that are basically useless for people in my situation. That said, it's not been the nightmare that others seem to have experienced and I'm grateful for that. Should have it back at the latest early next week.

0 0 0

7. Re: Help - 2nd Hand 2010 Audi A4 with Oil Issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This is great news, well if we remove the inconvenience and too'ing and fro'ing you've had. I too have a 2010 B8 which I bought second hand from an indie. It's burning through oil good style and have smoke coming from the oil filler cap if removed for topping up. Booked in to have the consumption test kicked off this week so hoping with the experiences on here I should be in a decent position to get them moving on it quick
    2010 A4 2.0 TFSI Quattro S-line Exec

0 1 0

8. Re: Help - 2nd Hand 2010 Audi A4 with Oil Issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Fingers crossed for you mate. I've read a fair number of stories online and not all of them seem to be as easy as the experience I've had thankfully. I think what went in my favour was that it came from Dundee Audi, had full Audi history and John Clark to me seemed to be keen to do the right thing by me. Can't actually wait to get the car back. My dad also got his car through JC and I will defiantly use them in future. John Clark or Dundee Audi anyway.

p.s - I had the smoke coming out of mine as well, really black and dirty looking.

1 0 0

9. Re: Help - 2nd Hand 2010 Audi A4 with Oil Issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The indie I got it from has been great so far so hopefully will continue. It's got a full audi service history too which hopefully will help and on first chat with audi they said that there would likely be some kind of good will if it were to come to the piston and ring replacement. As with anything we shall see how things go... One step at a time eh
    2010 A4 2.0 TFSI Quattro S-line Exec

0 0 0

10. Re: Help - 2nd Hand 2010 Audi A4 with Oil Issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    That's good news, they weren't as forthcoming with me on the phone. Aye, hope you get it all sorted. It's not the best having it hanging over you. Let me know how you get on. ��

0 0 0

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast