Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NewAudi View Post
    Done a few thousand kms now on the winter tyres that are 18" compared to my summer Rotor's @ 20" and the MPG has improved (as it should!) by over 10% to an avg of 40-41mpg. Not bad so far. As before love the car and is getting better and better for everyday. Off to UK on Sunday for a week's work will be adding lots of mileage and I am hoping that, due to lower speeds in UK, the improvement will be even greater than 10%.
    Not sure I understand why MPG should imnprove going from 20" to 18" wheels... the rolling diameter should not change significantly (assuming you have the correct profile tyres) and I cannot believe there is a significant weight diffrerence.

So the only thing I can imagine might impact MPG is the different compounfd of the tyres....

Can you explain what I might be missing. Thanks.
    A6 allroad BiTdi (MY14, July 2013 - DAB & power tailgate). Glacier white, tech pack (HDD Nav, colour DIS, Parking Plus), sports seats, 4 zone climate, heated seats front and rear, ambient lighting, 75L fuel tank, adaptive Bi Xenon headlights

0 0 0

3. Re: New A6 Avant BiTdi coming end of April 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Probably width and therefor slight increase in resistance.

As of this year manufacturers are now obliged to rate the CO2 level of the vehicle with any optional wheels the customer may pick.

I.e the co2 level of the standard vehicle may be 223, but after fitting optional 21" wheels it may rise. And that higher value will be on the V5.

Something to consider if the standard car is just inside the limits of one VED band.

I tried to find out whether there was any difference on the RS6 if going to the 21" rims as I have, because if it goes ffrom 223 to above 225 then that's an extra £200 a year on tax.

0 0 0

4. Re: New A6 Avant BiTdi coming end of April 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chesterfield View Post
    Probably width and therefor slight increase in resistance.

As of this year manufacturers are now obliged to rate the CO2 level of the vehicle with any optional wheels the customer may pick.

I.e the co2 level of the standard vehicle may be 223, but after fitting optional 21" wheels it may rise. And that higher value will be on the V5.

Something to consider if the standard car is just inside the limits of one VED band.

I tried to find out whether there was any difference on the RS6 if going to the 21" rims as I have, because if it goes ffrom 223 to above 225 then that's an extra £200 a year on tax.
    I recall that when the CO2 first became a measure for tax Audi put the CO2 rating of every option in the brochure but then stopped (perhaps because no one else seemed to bother). As the CO2 rating is determined by the spec of the car as sold I can see a shift to people the taking the car as specced and then changing the wheels and tyres on their way out of the showroom with eBay and other sites being full of unused sets of wheels and tyres for sale.

0 0 0

5. Re: New A6 Avant BiTdi coming end of April 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That's exactly what I wanted to know for. I weighed up the extra tax money vs changing the wheels afterward and ending up with the standard rims as winter wheels. Or sinking the tax and buying a set of winter wheels afterward.

Problem is if it is on 21" rims most if the time and they aren't part of the original spec/order then its a modification to be declared on the insurance.

All swings and roundabouts.

0 0 0

6. Re: New A6 Avant BiTdi coming end of April 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    A very long time ago since I posted in this thread.....well, 3 years are soon up and a new car are soon to be ordered (already been to dealer, just a few ??? to sort out). Looking at either the same model and engine, S6 or possibly the new SQ7. The latter is quite a machine...

What can I say, the A6 has been superb (no pun intended) with absolutely no faults at all during my time with it so far. A truly fantastic car IMO. Now its done about 43K mls and will do at least 50K before heading back to Audi. Best AVG has been 50 mpg and the worst 24 mpg (pedal to the metal from Poland to Cologne - 800 kms in 5:15 hrs!). The Michelin's are wearing very nicely and are actually still being used, although the winter tyres used during the colder times of the year have obviously prevented them from having being replaced and run down completely.

What I don't like with it is the gear changes between 2-3 (or perhaps its 3-4). Smooth but can still be felt in the car as a "jump" forward but not like a hard gearchange...if that makes sense. Also missed ticking the option of DAB, something I will do for next one (here in Germany we actually get DAB and DAB+).
    2017 Audi S6 Avant
    2016 Volvo XC60 T5 R-Design (wife's)
    1987 Volvo 780 Bertone (my classic!)

0 1 0

7. Re: New A6 Avant BiTdi coming end of April 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    So today, after almost 3 yrs, my relationship with my 2014 BiTdi comes to an end

Lease wasn't quite finished but we decided buy and re-sell (adds no additional owners in Germany). In fact, it found a buyer in less than 24 Hrs!

Just to repeat myself, the car has been absolutely fantastic throughout with no problems at all! Great on fuel, power when you want/need it, comfortable, sporty. The list goes on and on! It has mainly done motorways miles and has been in a lot of countries in Europe on a regular basis.....Germany (doh!), Denmark, Sweden, Holland, Belgium, France, UK, Luxemburg, Switzerland, Poland etc.

While I wait for my new S6 to arrive, I will still get my dose of Audi as the daughter is about to take delivery of an 2016 A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI auto in Scubablue that is only 10 months old and has only done 2800 miles! This car belonged to Audi in Neckarsulm as it happens

Here it is in Sweden looking at the bridge between Malmö & Copenhagen.

...and a hotel fire at my hotel in Sweden...even made the newspaper!
    2017 Audi S6 Avant
    2016 Volvo XC60 T5 R-Design (wife's)
    1987 Volvo 780 Bertone (my classic!)

0 0 0

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910