1. Delphi RCD 510 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi guys, I just bought a Chinese Windows+Android after-market radio for my Golf 6 SE 2009. Had to send this back as the Bluetooth was not working and the quality, interface/OS, music player, sound quality, etc were all hopeless. Now I am looking for a better alternative. My wishlist is:

- bluetooth
    - reverse camera or ops or both

I found the Chinese version of the RCD510, apparently VW original but assembled in China by Delphi rather than Europe by Bosch. For €150 or so I can get this with the usb option and input for reverse camera (or at least that's how it seems). One such example is this link.

It seems I can also get a Bluetooth module 9W2 with it such as this link.

Finally there is the OPS system, might just as well invest in 8 sensors - see this link.

A cheaper option is to get a radio that does not support rear camera and just use OPS (which is probably what I will do anyway). However, there are sellers (on AliExpress) that say that the version with AUX in for reverse camera are of a better quality overall, amplifier, screen, etc (I don't know to what extent that is true though).

Has anybody invested in something similar and do you know if they are actually compatible with each other and with UK version of the VW Golf?

(FYI I live in Malta, but my Golf is imported used from UK).

Thanks for your help.
    Dave Malta
    ---------------------------------------------
    Volkswagen e-Golf Mk7.5 2018
    Past :: VW Golf GTI Mk7 >> VW Golf 2.0TDI Mk6 >> VW Golf GT 2.0TDI Mk5

0 0 0

2. Re: Delphi RCD 510 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    I think the Chinese units have different FM settings than the European models, will check it out and let you know.

0 0 0

3. Re: Delphi RCD 510 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote unquote from the above link:

----------------------

AM 530-1600;FM 87.5-108
    AM channels: 531, 540, 549kHz.... in 9kHz steps;FM channels: 87.5, 87.55, 87.6, 87.65MHz.... in 0.5MHz steps

----------------------

Full description below:

On the top the above, RCD510 Enhancement and Enhancement Plus also have better screen resolution display, faster processing capability and better sound quality than RCD510 Standard.

Full touch-screen, 6 CD MP3 disk changer Player, SD card slot, Support up to 32GB SDHC.
    FM/AM Radio stereo (auto-scan and store),Traffic announcement, auto speech-control volume increasing/decreasing.

English display supported.
    USB interface can connect MP3 player/Cell phone to play music/charge.
    AUX port suppors Reverse Parking Image which can work with reverse parking camera

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Dave Malta

0 0 0

4. Re: Delphi RCD 510 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all - followup to my previous posts - also to help anyone who is considering buying one and needs info on these units...

There are 3 versions of the Delphi RCD510.

1) standard. Radio cd and sd card
    2) as above plus usb support
    3) as above plus usb support plus rvc (reverse camera) support

I got the 3rd version. Usb support comes through an additional plug at the back for which you would need an additional cable (costs €10 - €20). This supports usb sticks. Apparently it also supports iPod and iPhone but I dont have one so I cannot vouch for it.

RVC is also supported through an additional plug but you have to buy a VW camera with RGBS not just a cheap chinese €15 camera. The VW ones range from €70 - over €400. You can get the tailgate badge camera or else you can get a convertor to connect a cheap camera.

Sound quality is better than the RCD310 that I had in the car originally.

FM goes up in 0.5MHz steps and AM goes up in 9kHz steps

It has also got a 6x cd changer loaded from the front slot.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Dave Malta

0 0 0