Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuffles View Post
    It probably doesn't affect you yet then as 10 years ago they gave you a service book and it's all stamped by the Indy, which is cool, but on the newer ones I'm led to believe there's no such thing as a book to stamp.
    True in terms of the topic we're discussing but do remember these (those?) were the days warranty issues were being refused for not having full dealership services.

Considering selling my VCDS KEY-USB interface. If you're interested please contact me via PM or email.

0 0 0

2. Re: The first oil change 
    Wuffles Guest
    No sorry, I mean when you come to sell. Not make a claim under warranty, although, now I come to think of it, you'd have to prove it was serviced by someone other than someone with access to Audi's database.

Last time this question came up, it was suggested (by myself) that the Indy has to ring Audi and get it updated on their system, which is ridiculous of course.

0 1 0

3. Re: The first oil change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ah, I misunderstood you, sorry.

There has to be a case of this being put into practice by now. All we (ok you ) have to do is find that person(!)

Considering selling my VCDS KEY-USB interface. If you're interested please contact me via PM or email.

0 0 0

4. Re: The first oil change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just playing devil's advocate, why should Audi etc. have to enter the details of work done by independents into their database? Who pays for the data entry?

Just keep all receipts, though I can accept that like service books they can go missing, so it is useful having the data held elsewhere.
    2014 Samoa Orange TT Roadster 2.0 TFSI Black Edition & 2015 Petrol Blue Skoda Yeti 2.0 TDI ~ Now Gone - 2013 Daytona Grey A6 Avant 2.0 TDI Multitronic Black Edition

0 0 0

5. Re: The first oil change 
    Wuffles Guest
    Because it's their decision to not provide a book? It seems like it's a deliberate hurdle to persuade one to stick with them. Which seems to be working doesn't it.

0 0 0

6. Re: The first oil change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    My thoughts are beginning to turn to planning my first 10K service which is also due circa July this year. I am on the short term service plan and I think I do about 15K miles a a year. I also get the concept of keep using the dealer at least up to the 3 year mark. By way of keeping costs down; does anyone have any experiences of asking dealers if ok that you supplied your own Oil? and what that would save on a £220 first service Bill? I can get 2 No; 4 litre cartons of Castrol Edge 30W Oil from Costco for around £60. If they took £100 to £120 to do the change/supply the filter etc; would it be worth it? (50 quid saving say?) Wonder what Glasgow Audi would say to that request; would they laugh me out the door?
    A6 Black Edition - 2014 - 2.0 TDI Manual
    Daytona Grey Pearl, Full LED Headlights, Technology Pack, Advanced Key
    4 Zone Climate Control & Heated Seats, Colour DIS, Lighting Pack - LED Ambient Lighting.

0 0 0

7. Re: The first oil change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuffles View Post
    Because it's their decision to not provide a book? It seems like it's a deliberate hurdle to persuade one to stick with them. Which seems to be working doesn't it.
    Good point, never thought about that. But what happens when a car is sold second-hand through a non-franchised dealer and serviced by an independant? You can't expect Audi or its dealers to enter the data then and I think it unlikely that they will allow third parties to access their systems.
    2014 Samoa Orange TT Roadster 2.0 TFSI Black Edition & 2015 Petrol Blue Skoda Yeti 2.0 TDI ~ Now Gone - 2013 Daytona Grey A6 Avant 2.0 TDI Multitronic Black Edition

0 0 0

8. Re: The first oil change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    Seems I sparked an interesting one... So for the careful readers of the original question, if I got an indy to change the oil/filter and ***act as nothing happened*** 'till car tells me to do a service - and then take it to a main dealer (so it looks as the long life thing is done as expected), don't I still end up with a full Audi proper history, etc.? Why would I need to tell them anything was done in between (certainly the oil and filter would be as required, etc.)... Just an idea...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 1 0

9. Re: The first oil change 
    Wuffles Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny31 View Post
    Seems I sparked an interesting one... So for the careful readers of the original question, if I got an indy to change the oil/filter and ***act as nothing happened*** 'till car tells me to do a service - and then take it to a main dealer (so it looks as the long life thing is done as expected), don't I still end up with a full Audi proper history, etc.? Why would I need to tell them anything was done in between (certainly the oil and filter would be as required, etc.)... Just an idea...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You might end up with someone who doesn't agree with the long life servicing complaining that you haven't changed the oil enough and Audi refuse to hand over their database entries anyway so it makes no odds?

You could write a pantomime about this in a few years time.

0 0 0

10. Re: The first oil change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    The car is probably fitted with oil quality/life sensors; so changing the oil at 10K; when the car is set to a long life service schedule; could lead to some computer diagnosis shenanigans when you book it in for its 20K service with the dealers: Or not.
    A6 Black Edition - 2014 - 2.0 TDI Manual
    Daytona Grey Pearl, Full LED Headlights, Technology Pack, Advanced Key
    4 Zone Climate Control & Heated Seats, Colour DIS, Lighting Pack - LED Ambient Lighting.

0 1 0

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast