1. Re: The first oil change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Shab; Thanks for response. Not servicing now. Going to wait for the 10k mark and ask Audi to service with my Oil. Just asking/checking with network that I have purchased the right Oil. Will check that spec you quoted. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A6 Black Edition - 2014 - 2.0 TDI Manual
    Daytona Grey Pearl, Full LED Headlights, Technology Pack, Advanced Key
    4 Zone Climate Control & Heated Seats, Colour DIS, Lighting Pack - LED Ambient Lighting.

0 0 0

2. Re: The first oil change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Update: had my first oil change service last week. Went with my own oil etc. service guy had to ask service manager if they would use my oil; but it came back with a yes. Told me to keep the original Costco receipt with service receipt in case of any future warranty issues etc. chap said the book price was circa £215 but using my own oil brought this down to £115 which I thot was ok. Then they were late in getting the car back to me; (about an hour maybe) I had a very slight moan/pace about; and the service chap apologised and said the service was free of charge. Result!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    4 Zone Climate Control & Heated Seats, Colour DIS, Lighting Pack - LED Ambient Lighting.

1 3 0

3. Re: The first oil change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Now sitting at 18.1k miles and booked car in for inspection service in jan 2015. Chap originally quoted circa £320 for in effect a oil change and pollen filter change. Wow! Me providing my own oil brought it down to circa £230 but still expensive. I said so and the chap said they would discount it further on the day. Hmmmm.

0 0 0

4. Re: The first oil change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmonster View Post
    Chap originally quoted circa £320 for in effect a oil change and pollen filter change. Wow!

Getting mine done tomorrow at Audi Oxford, orignal quote:

1st Variable Service £311.87

Replace Pollen Filter £59.40

0 0 0

5. Re: The first oil change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    2.0 tdi here. So is that circa 370 in total? Wow again.

0 0 0

6. Re: The first oil change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Bit if an aside; but the service chappie also said that Audi have now directed that fuel filters last the life of the car; unless there is a related fault diagnosis. Surprising.

0 0 0

7. Re: The first oil change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    What???A diesel/fuel filter for the life of the car??You'll soon have oil and all other filters for the life of the car which in Audi language means as long as they put a warranty on it.And than have most second hand buyers come back to them to fix all sorts of problems as a result of never changing filters.....

0 0 0

8. Re: The first oil change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Yes sounds like another audi money saving gimmick if its true. You either insist that audi change the fuel (and air?) filters at the required intervals (40K?) or go to an indi for a much cheaper and simpler service routine.
    Quote Originally Posted by OVI82 View Post
    What???A diesel/fuel filter for the life of the car??You'll soon have oil and all other filters for the life of the car which in Audi language means as long as they put a warranty on it.And than have most second hand buyers come back to them to fix all sorts of problems as a result of never changing filters.....

0 0 0

9. Re: The first oil change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Update: my 2.0 tdi now booked into Glasgow Audi for 40k service. Originally quoted c£500. Me providing my own oil brings this down to £400 which seems steep to me. According to service person a fuel filter change is part of this at c£100 (goes against previous comment that fuel filter would not be changed till much later)

So...ooooo... I got my 20k service for c£200 with me providing my own oil... So this service should comin at around c£300. Need to use my negotiating skills when I take car in etc.

0 0 0

10. Re: The first oil change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    My service was £513 at 37,000 miles. That was fuel filter, oil filter, pollen filter and air filter. The first service was £300 so the prices seem to be in line. I did get my oil changed at 9k for £190 but I am now doing the interim oil changes myself as it only takes 20 mins and costs me about £50 for the oil and filter.
    Current- A6 C8 40 tdi quattro s line Daytona Grey
    Gone-S3 sportback, A6 C7 biturbo saloon,A4 B 8.5 avant, A6 C6 3.0 tdi Quattro saloon, A6 C5 2.8 Q Avant

0 0 0

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast