Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Best Value Data Sims for Internet Access: Ideas anyone?

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Best Value Data Sims for Internet Access: Ideas anyone? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I've been with Three for a few months now, and so far they have been the most reliable network we have had, particularly for data

I was very dubious before going to them given their reputation, but they appear to have upped their game

Lang may yer lum reek!

Current: '09 Audi A4 Avant SE TDI (143)
    Previous: '56 VW Passat 2.0TDI SE - I survived 'BKP' ownership!

0 0 0

2. Re: Best Value Data Sims for Internet Access: Ideas anyone? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fat controller View Post
    I've been with Three for a few months now, and so far they have been the most reliable network we have had, particularly for data

I was very dubious before going to them given their reputation, but they appear to have upped their game
    Hi All,

Just an update to help people on the forum, ordered my 2nd EE 6GB prepaid data sim, worked fine despite having previously registered my e-mail address with EE, 14 for 6gb for 3 months is a reasonable deal.

Only hassle was finding a device to activate that has a micro SIM, all my phones now have nano sims... I tried doing it via the MMI but it was hassle, in the end plugged it into my mums iPAD. All sorted.

1 0 0

3. Re: Best Value Data Sims for Internet Access: Ideas anyone? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sw1000 View Post
    Hi All,

Just an update to help people on the forum, ordered my 2nd EE 6GB prepaid data sim, worked fine despite having previously registered my e-mail address with EE, 14 for 6gb for 3 months is a reasonable deal.

Only hassle was finding a device to activate that has a micro SIM, all my phones now have nano sims... I tried doing it via the MMI but it was hassle, in the end plugged it into my mums iPAD. All sorted.
    Maybe I lucked out or it was already registered, but my EE SIM was set up in no time
    Audi A6 (C7) 3.0 TDI S Line Quattro 245 Daytona Grey Sep 2013 -
    Audi A4 (B8) 2.0 TDI SE 143 Lava Grey 2008 - 2013

0 0 0

4. Re: Best Value Data Sims for Internet Access: Ideas anyone? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you have a contract with EE you can add a micro sim to your contract that shares your main data allowance : £7 per month (24m contract) or £8 per month for rolling 30day contract.
    Not bad for an ongoing maintenance free option.

0 0 0

5. Re: Best Value Data Sims for Internet Access: Ideas anyone? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Been trying EE's £1 a week data SIM with 100Mb. As most of my journeys are regular and the maps cached it looks like my £5 top-up will last, er, 5 weeks! Plus you get 10 mins and 10 SMS for emergency use. My T-Mob £5/month for 1Gb is back in my tablet and can be swapped over for larger data use, plus I've notice you can add an extra 1.5GB for £5, so handy when the kids come on a long journey. Not sure if EE offers the same add-on but the £1 a week is worth it just to not have to swap SIMs often.

0 0 0

6. Re: Best Value Data Sims for Internet Access: Ideas anyone? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Well, you could also stop the £1 / week package and keep your credit.

I have put one of these PAYG sims with 100 MB for life in my A6. I have ordered it as PAYG, and made sure I had no weekly topup required.

The first month (last month) I had to stop the google maps display after 2+ weeks, as I was about to go over the allowance. I just kept the normal maps + traffic alerts which use nearly nothing. Now that the local maps are cached, I'll leave it on.

Last year when I had an Ovivo card in, I used just over 250 MB in 4 months, so 100 MB / month should be more than enough.

Data connection count as a "keep sim active" activity, so the sim shouldn't stop and you can use your 100 MB...
    63 reg Ibis White A6 2.0 TDI SE Multitronic, Tech pack, folding mirrors, rear view camera, heated seats.

0 0 0

7. Re: Best Value Data Sims for Internet Access: Ideas anyone? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Interesting. Let's hope they don't get wise to it and withdraw the free 100Mb. Not entirely sure that it applies to my Data Pack, but I'll consider it a bonus if it does. I guess you "cut your coat according to your cloth", so 100Mb a week should feed my intrigue of Google Earth as well as allowing for traffic and some occasional Connect use. I'd rather have that facility even if it means using some credit at the expense of a future week's £1 i.e. an earlier top-up. I'll find out what happens in another 3 weeks, but doubt I could remain on the "lite" version without scratching the itch in the same way as I get uncomfortable if I ever get a low fuel warning. Nice to have something up your sleeve...

0 0 0

8. Re: Best Value Data Sims for Internet Access: Ideas anyone? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all

New member here - due to pick up a new A3 on March 1st.

Can anyone advise if it's possible to use a Three phone PAYG sim with data in the car, or do Three not allow that in their T&Cs? I'm looking at maybe using the PAYG 321 on Three - Pay as You Go 321 - Price Plans – Three - as it's only 1p per Mb and the credit never runs out.

If that's not possible, is the 3 month EE sim for £14.99 still the best option?

0 0 0

9. Re: Best Value Data Sims for Internet Access: Ideas anyone? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by steven9709 View Post
    Hi all

New member here - due to pick up a new A3 on March 1st.

Can anyone advise if it's possible to use a Three phone PAYG sim with data in the car, or do Three not allow that in their T&Cs? I'm looking at maybe using the PAYG 321 on Three - Pay as You Go 321 - Price Plans – Three - as it's only 1p per Mb and the credit never runs out.

If that's not possible, is the 3 month EE sim for £14.99 still the best option?

Sadly three are restricting the use of "phone" SIMs for data use so the 321 may work for a little while and then stop. Three data SIMs are fine though. And yes I think the best deal is the EE £14.99 90 day option. When the 90 days are up throw it away and get a new one, as topping up is £10 for 30 days.
    Audi A6 (C7) 3.0 TDI S Line Quattro 245 Daytona Grey Sep 2013 -
    Audi A4 (B8) 2.0 TDI SE 143 Lava Grey 2008 - 2013

1 0 0

10. Re: Best Value Data Sims for Internet Access: Ideas anyone? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    How much data do people use in the car? I have a 10gb per month contract on my phone and I'm just going to get an extra sim on the same account. Family discount means extra sim is £3.

0 0 0

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast