Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Audi a6 avant 2.5 tdi 300 Bhp and 700Nm sleeper !

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Re: Audi a6 avant 2.5 tdi 300 Bhp and 700Nm sleeper ! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Chris, sorry to hear about the A6, its criminal when it happens, mine was almost written off by damage to the front wing, would've been gutted!!

Onto engine's and tuning etc, are you not just better off getting hold of a later engine (one with roller rockers etc) and fitting that. Would the AKE pump fit plus all the ancillaries etc?

Allan.

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi a6 avant 2.5 tdi 300 Bhp and 700Nm sleeper ! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes Allan, getting a later BAU/BDG or BDH is the wise move ( i still have the BDH engine in the a6 !) but the engine in the allroad is low mileage + i have rebuilt it 3 years ago with quality forged cams/rockers and INA lifters and it's running very well indeed ! All the ancillaries from the AKE engine fits the later engine blocks, however there are a few pipes and brackets that need swapping in order to get everything to work as intended...

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi a6 avant 2.5 tdi 300 Bhp and 700Nm sleeper ! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hybrid gt2056 out and in went the gtb2260vk. I fitted a stock turbo at first, drove it for a few days to get a feel for it then swapped the hybrid gtb with GTX style billet titanium compressor wheel. There's a little difference between the 2 but i like the hybrid better as it builds boost gradually without giving you whiplash ! So far it's a good turbo for v6 engines and good enough for 300 Bhp or thereabouts ! Just bought a 2.7TT allroad the other day and the diesel will leave it standing till 100 Mph. The 2.7TT is lighter as well despite having a low range gearbox and 7 seats ?

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi a6 avant 2.5 tdi 300 Bhp and 700Nm sleeper ! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Managed to de-cat the allroad today, there's noticeable better pick-up from low speeds but not enough to make you say wow ! I really miss my old a6, the engine in that car was a completely different animal ! As soon as i get answer from insurance company i will strip the a6 exhaust and try to mate-it to the allroad ABT back boxes...

0 1 0

5. Re: Audi a6 avant 2.5 tdi 300 Bhp and 700Nm sleeper ! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My my my. You have been busy. How's that Titanium wheel GTB2260 going? Do the guys in the workshop have a milling machine? I need 5mm machined off the S3 caliper carriers.

0 0 0

6. Re: Audi a6 avant 2.5 tdi 300 Bhp and 700Nm sleeper ! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ditched the H&R antiroll bar i had with meyle hd drop links and replaced with audi rs6 front ARB and standard Lemforder drop links, much more compliant and easy to drive compared with the crashy ride from the h&r ARB... So far i enjoy it almost every day and there's still room for improvement. Might take it today for a trip to AMD to see what it puts out... Will let you know...

0 0 0

7. Re: Audi a6 avant 2.5 tdi 300 Bhp and 700Nm sleeper ! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Did you?
    Landrover Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE
    A6 (C6)Quattro 3.0 tdi Avant Fully loaded Le Mans. Sold
    A6 (C5)Quattro 2.5 tdi(AKE) PP683's & Celtic Remap Sold

0 0 0

8. Re: Audi a6 avant 2.5 tdi 300 Bhp and 700Nm sleeper ! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jubbly View Post
    Did you?
    Not yet, been busy mapping another forum members (Alex) audi allroad after fitting a hybrid turbo with a 66mm compressor, 80% larger injectors and a 4Bar map sensor... We were quite pleased with the power increase, pulls seamlessly to 140 Mph despite the clutch slipping like mad...
    Might dyno the car tomorrow, just too busy with work.

0 0 0

9. Re: Audi a6 avant 2.5 tdi 300 Bhp and 700Nm sleeper ! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Big BIG thanks to Chris for tuning my car. And all the extra work needed to get things ship-shape. It's a monster! Comes on boost at 2k and pulls hard all the way to the redline. The power delivery is so smooth. It can deliver so much more. I need to get an uprated clutch and flywheel next. Big thanks Chris.

0 0 0

10. Re: Audi a6 avant 2.5 tdi 300 Bhp and 700Nm sleeper ! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rear brake upgrade, went from 280mm vented discs to 312mm vented discs. Tried fitting 300mm vented b6 s4 discs but could not be bothered as the 312mm rear discs were a bolt on upgrade. Only downside is the swept area is much better with the b6 s4 rear calipers however there are minor mods required to get it to fit- some spacers require machining, however one can use washers to space the carriers out to clear the hub and disc.
    Only downside with the 312mm wented discs is high cost at replacement time, however i am modding a set of carriers to take 312mm vented discs as fitted to c5 a6 which will make it a worthwile mod and cheap as chips brake upgrade. Brake bias is much, much improved and i will fit a c5 double servo and master cylinder as well when i will have time for my projects...
    Attached Images

0 0 0

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast