Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Audi a6 avant 2.5 tdi 300 Bhp and 700Nm sleeper !

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. Audi a6 avant 2.5 tdi 300 Bhp and 700Nm sleeper ! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi guys, i think it's time to show my "sleeper" a little, it's been an ongoing project for quite a few years- cannot take all the credit - previous owner started a tread back in 2006, i just carried on fixing bits and bobs- google a6 turbochip !
    The car is a 2002 model a6 quattro sport with loads of mods, many off the shelf and many custom. It has ported heads, big injectors, hybrid turbo, a Sachs Race Engineering clutch and DMF, solid front mounted intercooler, lift pump, brand new injector pump, full 3" exhaust from turbo back. Just had a new engine thrown in, i cobled it together from bits i shopped on ebay: BDH engine block, 1x BAU cylinder head and 1x BDG head, lowered compression, solid genuine cams (expensive!) and much more.
    The car rides on genuine heavy duty sport shock absorbers and Eibach pro springs, rs6 rear antiroll bar and Eibach front antiroll bar, top strut braces, etc. Also has s4 front brakes with grooved and drilled discs and Ferodo ds2500 pads, w8 rear brakes 280mm vented discs.
    With old, worn engine with scored cams and missing lifters, crappy Turbo Dynamics hybrid and a rubbish tune it put out 266Bhp on a dyno ! I bought the car as a non runner due to the crank pulley shearing the woodruf key on the crank allowing the timing to move slightly which smashed all the lifters and rocker arms. It happened due to too much torque !
    Now it has a gtb2260vk turbo with custom adapters and it's a handful ! The gearbox copes admirably with the torque, however i don't do drag races so it ony gets driven hard in gear ! Few pictures of the work in progress, i don't like the car much but i love the engine, old one had a bit more top end and midrange push as the heads were ported more aggressively + old cams have more lift than new cams of the cam roller heads !

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi a6 avant 2.5 tdi 300 Bhp and 700Nm sleeper ! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[/URL]

0 5 0

3. Re: Audi a6 avant 2.5 tdi 300 Bhp and 700Nm sleeper ! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Well done Chris looks like a great job!

I still think the 2.5 V6 would suit twin turbos though.......

0 1 0

4. Re: Audi a6 avant 2.5 tdi 300 Bhp and 700Nm sleeper ! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    My god,how many pieces was it in.Loads.
    Not sure i understand everything youve done to it.but well done.
    Question on the heads if i may.why two types of heads BAU anBDG?
    2000 2.5TDI Quattro 173,000miles, just run in...Sold
    2006 TT 3.2 Quattro 40,000miles
    2005 A6 Avant 3.0TDI Quattro

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi a6 avant 2.5 tdi 300 Bhp and 700Nm sleeper ! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulF2.5TDi View Post
    Well done Chris looks like a great job!

I still think the 2.5 V6 would suit twin turbos though.......

Paul, there is no need for twin turbo's especially with modern turbo from GTB series ! I have full boost at 2200rpm's, twin turbo's will just move the torque down the rev line and i don't want any more torque low down ! I am trying to keep the gearbox in one piece, the old girl has done a quarter million of miles ! Also with current power/torque i had 167 Mph on autobahn which is not too shabby especially as the engine can rev to 5000rpm's ! However the dynamics of the car are not great at these speeds unless you drive on super smooth tarmac...

0 0 0

6. Re: Audi a6 avant 2.5 tdi 300 Bhp and 700Nm sleeper ! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HAWKS View Post
    My god,how many pieces was it in.Loads.
    Not sure i understand everything youve done to it.but well done.
    Question on the heads if i may.why two types of heads BAU anBDG?
    I bought a pair of heads from a BAU engine but had to use one on a different engine then bought another pair of heads from a BDG engine which dropped a valve so one was scrap and the other was in good nick. The BDG breathes better than the BAU as they machined more internally but it does not make any difference because i have ported them much more than the factory does !

0 0 0

7. Re: Audi a6 avant 2.5 tdi 300 Bhp and 700Nm sleeper ! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

0 0 0

8. Re: Audi a6 avant 2.5 tdi 300 Bhp and 700Nm sleeper ! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Good job ! and that you did it in a driveway is outstanding ! ( know exactly how much job this is )

0 1 0

9. Re: Audi a6 avant 2.5 tdi 300 Bhp and 700Nm sleeper ! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ametlib View Post
    Good job ! and that you did it in a driveway is outstanding ! ( know exactly how much job this is )
    Thanks mate, i kinda know how to work on these cars nowadays and took engines off too many times before ! Yeah, my drive seen loads of action !

0 1 0

10. Re: Audi a6 avant 2.5 tdi 300 Bhp and 700Nm sleeper ! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Few recent pictures, sadly only taken with my phone camera so not that clear ! Managed to fit the rest of the rs6 interior but it still needs treating/conditioning to make it look pristine... The wheels are S8 d3 alloys 20"x9" wide wrapped in 225/35/20 wheels, bit of scrubbing on the front on full lock when driven on really bumpy roads, no issues when driving normally !

0 0 0

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast