1. Hi pressure diesel pump belt 3.0 Tdi late 07 car 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Bugger. Thought I had done all my research well before buying the new toy only to find out not only does it have timing chains. It also has toothed belt for the high pres. diesel pump. Has anybody got an idea of how much this will cost? I understand they need doing every 5 years or 80k miles. Do they cause any terminal damage if they snap? It looks like it's in a easy to get to position what sort of job is it like to do yourself? As it's just a pump does it need to be timed?

Finding this out has deflated my new toy feeling. What a bummer
    Phaeton 3.0 LWB
    Lotus Carlton

If you have to ask you wouldn't understand

0 0 0

2. Re: Hi pressure diesel pump belt 3.0 Tdi late 07 car 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    My 08 3.0 TDI hasn't had this done nor have Audi mentioned it under normal servicing. Reg'd 31st Jan 08 and currently on 85k.

0 0 0

3. Re: Hi pressure diesel pump belt 3.0 Tdi late 07 car 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    That's interesting. Maybe it's not a service part then and I'm getting the life expectancy mixed up with the pump duse engines
    Phaeton 3.0 LWB
    Lotus Carlton

If you have to ask you wouldn't understand

0 0 0

4. Re: Hi pressure diesel pump belt 3.0 Tdi late 07 car 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    No the pump is not timed and if the belt does snap there is no harm to the engine as such but the belt can damage the cowling. Timing chains are a different issue and are very expensive to change as they are at the back of the engine and it's a lot of labour to get the engine out. A snapped chain can be extremely destructive. However if the tensioners wear of the chains stretch, you get a rattle at cold start up telling you there is excessive wear. Hand in wallet £3,000 to £3,500. Some independents are doing this job for £2,500 or so.

Regards Peter

0 0 0

5. Re: Hi pressure diesel pump belt 3.0 Tdi late 07 car 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    The belt for the HPFP is quite cheap, P/N: 059 109 119 D approx. £30 @ dealer ...

I have bought in the past from this ebayer and parts are genuine, £20 Link:- VW PHAETON TOUAREG 3.0 TDI DIESEL TIMING CAM BELT 059109119D GENUINE AUDI PART | eBay

I had mine done @ 75k miles as part of other work ...

To the right of the white line in above photo is the cowling for the belt, part of it hides under the top section of the intake system (the black pipe) ...

0 0 0

6. Re: Hi pressure diesel pump belt 3.0 Tdi late 07 car 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter D View Post
    No the pump is not timed and if the belt does snap there is no harm to the engine as such but the belt can damage the cowling. Timing chains are a different issue and are very expensive to change as they are at the back of the engine and it's a lot of labour to get the engine out. A snapped chain can be extremely destructive. However if the tensioners wear of the chains stretch, you get a rattle at cold start up telling you there is excessive wear. Hand in wallet £3,000 to £3,500. Some independents are doing this job for £2,500 or so.

Regards Peter
    I don't think an 07 car would suffer, they ugraded the tensioners/chains IIRC

0 0 0