Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello peeps

in desperate need of front o/s ( driver side ) window regulator am just outside Glasgow even better if you are local ish garage and can supply and fit for £80 ish would be amazing

thanks billy

0 0 0

2. Re: Window Regulator A6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    What are the symptoms of the problem you're having? It's often just £7 worth of plastic clips that need replacing rather than the whole regulator.

If it's that the window winds down but sticks on the way back up, it's more than likely that the clips have cracked, which lets the glass tilt as it comes up and gets stuck in the sliders.

If it's that it won't wind up or down, then it might be the regulator or it might just be broken wires in the door hinge.
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a Light Side and a Dark Side and it holds the universe together.
    2002 Passat 1.9tdi
    2004 A3 2.0 FSI
    Gone: 1997 Golf GTI ; 1989 Coupe; 2000 A6 Avant 2.4; 2000 A3 1.8

0 0 0

3. Re: Window Regulator A6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi All, I've just replaced the regulator on my 2006 A6 (C6). I took me a total of 4 hours and it's not a job for the faint hearted. I would recommend looking at postings available on Youtube. The first stage is to remove the interior door trim and on a A6 even this is no mean feat as they are really put together ! You'll need a torx set ; a good philips screwdriver and a long shaft philips to remove the screw located below the door pull handle. Next step is to strip out the soundproofing. This can be re-used if you are patient it will come of if assisted with a really sharp knife. There are then a variety of torxs to be removed as the objective is to remove the widow surround. There's a hidden one under a large grommet above the door lock and couple behind the where the door mirror bolts to the door.The rest of the torx bolts are visible and care should taken to note where they go. You should also mark the door frame to ensure that it fits exactly the same way. I would recommend that you buy the regulator this way you know what's coming out the door as there also some clips that hold it on that should be removed. The wire that goes to the mirror should also be removed. When all done the upper frame should come away from the door with some persausion. I would recommend as assistant helps you with this part as you really don't want to drop your window or scratch up your door etc. Then as they say fitting is the reverse of removal. The regulator I used was from TPS Glasgow and cost £128 including VAT Ouch !! Good luck .

0 0 0

4. Re: Window Regulator A6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You must have a different sort of A6 to mine then. Mine only took about an hour to do (and I'm quite slow and careful)

The door card is 2 phillips screws at the top of the door card (one front, one back), the door handle cable and a couple of electrical plugs.

The regulator/frame assembly is held on by 4 torx bolts, and the electrical plugs. The trickiest thing is to mark all the wedges so that you can put them back in exactly the same place, otherwise you have to spend time adjusting the up/down/in/out alignment of the window frame with the car body.

The door mirror isn't affected by the window regulator - it just stays where it is.
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a Light Side and a Dark Side and it holds the universe together.
    2002 Passat 1.9tdi
    2004 A3 2.0 FSI
    Gone: 1997 Golf GTI ; 1989 Coupe; 2000 A6 Avant 2.4; 2000 A3 1.8

0 0 0

5. Re: Window Regulator A6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes I have the 2006 A6 (C6) avant and I only wish it was as simple as your 2000 A6.

0 0 0