Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Parking Brake Fault - on 2 cars!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: Parking Brake Fault - on 2 cars!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VWfrust View Post
    Warranty runs out in the next week and although the fault still comes back, I've been told that I will eventually have to pay when I'm out of warranty.
    Make a note of your visits to sort (or not) the fault out, and have a word with your local trading standards office asap. It could be argued that the dealer's inability to fix your car within the warranty period is their (and not your) responsibility.
    2006 (Dec.) B6 2.0TDi 140 Confort | Moka anthracite nacré | CControl | Highline MFD | Chrome Grill | Meta Targa rear parking sensors | Debadged
    1996 Laguna 2.2D
    1977 MGB roadster

0 0 0

2. Re: Parking Brake Fault - on 2 cars!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had the same issue with my previous Passat estate exactly as described. It was looked at by a dealer who claimed is was caused by moisture in the wiring connection on the rear caliper. It was fixed and never reappeard.
    might be worth checking. Hope this helps
    John

0 0 0

3. Re: Parking Brake Fault - on 2 cars!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Just started happening on my 2007 Passat yesterday, releases ok when I drive off (seat belt on and slowly accelerate) as it always has done.

I get the error as soon as I start the car, hitting the button a few times works and releases the parking brake.

Hopefully just need to replace the button......
    Volkswagen Tiguan 2.0 TDI SE NAV DSG 4motion 195bhp (Stage 1 remap)

Sheffield, UK

0 0 0

4. Re: Parking Brake Fault - on 2 cars!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)
    Good luck, hope it is just the button.

Replaced mine with the improved button version, then replaced the left caliper which seized due to water ingress within the motor (as a result of the infamous cracked motor casing which was poorly designed and not strong enough to resist the torsion created by the motor), then the right caliper...same issue. No problems since replacing them.

If you have the old caliper version still on the car there is a high risk that the motor casing will or already has split letting moisture into the motor gearing.

The EPB subject has been covered to death on this forum and on Martin1810's web site so you should find much information regarding the reasons behind the EPB faults that a great deal of B6 owners have experienced.
    Mad Mitch
    VW Passat 2.0 Tdi Sport 170 BMR Engine, JPQ G/Box, DSG
    Premium Phone Kit, MFSW, Alarm Chirps, Rain Closure, Auto Close
    Emergency Braking Light Flash, Spots as DRLs. VCDS + MicroCAN, 200K Club

0 0 0

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123