1. Audi Complete + Tyres Servicing Pack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Have been offered the 3 year Audi Complete Servicing Pack including tyres at a very reasonable price, has anyone seen terms and conditions with regard to when the tyres wont be replaced? I have already been told that a puncture wont be replaced but once worn they will be. Considering this will pay for itself with 1 full set of tyres this seems great but wondering about any gotchas?

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi Complete + Tyres Servicing Pack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilPostIt View Post
    Have been offered the 3 year Audi Complete Servicing Pack including tyres at a very reasonable price, has anyone seen terms and conditions with regard to when the tyres wont be replaced? I have already been told that a puncture wont be replaced but once worn they will be. Considering this will pay for itself with 1 full set of tyres this seems great but wondering about any gotchas?
    Depends a bit on how many miles they are covering you for over the 3 years. On my previous 2.0TDie A6 over the 3 Years/36000 miles I had the car I only replaced the front tyres and had one service so would probably have been out of pocket on a deal such as this. Also my experience is that Audi charge more than someone like Event Tyres for tyres so worth checking that you are really comparing like with like.

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi Complete + Tyres Servicing Pack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsimcox View Post
    Depends a bit on how many miles they are covering you for over the 3 years. On my previous 2.0TDie A6 over the 3 Years/36000 miles I had the car I only replaced the front tyres and had one service so would probably have been out of pocket on a deal such as this. Also my experience is that Audi charge more than someone like Event Tyres for tyres so worth checking that you are really comparing like with like.
    Due to the mileage I will be doing, it will be set to annual servicing so it will cover a minimum of 3 services and I would be surprised if I didnt get through at least 1 full set of tyres. Especially considering its the BiTDI Black Edition which, from my experience from a 335d, will eat tyres whole due to the torque! Also maintenance is covered too so brake pads (Although I know they generally dont get changed for about 45k mile so probably wont need replacing), bulbs wipers etc. This at a total cost of £1000 for 3 years...

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi Complete + Tyres Servicing Pack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    So you're telling me this - I could spin the life out of the tyres, get them smoking and they would replace them when they're done?

Given a set of Premium 19s are £1000+, this would be a massive saving if its £1000 for 3 years?

Bound to be a catch somewhere!

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi Complete + Tyres Servicing Pack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Yep, that seems to be the case. This is why I'm asking if anyone has seen any t's+c's. The new a6 brochure has this written into it.

"Audi Complete is simply a way to look after the servicing and maintenance costs for your Audi in a single package. You pay a one-off or monthly fee and we'll cover all your servicing, maintenance and tyres for the next three years including your first MOT.
    It means you only have to pay for fuel, insurance and your Road Fund Licence. So you can be reassured that your car will be maintained by trained Audi Technicians, using genuine Audi parts."

The only limitation seems to be the fact that its limited to 3 years / 30,000 miles but as you say a set of 19's will set you back about £1000 let alone the 20's you get with the black edition.

I too share you scepticism, thus the post to see if anyone else sees the "catch". I even went to the extent of asking if premium tyres would be used and his response was "as far as I'm aware it the same as what comes with the car"... Even midrange tyres like falkens are £170 at the cheapest place I can find!
    MY2015 RS7 V8 4.0L - Nogaro Blue

0 0 0

6. Re: Audi Complete + Tyres Servicing Pack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I wonder when they'll agree a tyre needs replacing? Wet grip is much reduced by 3mm of tread so I tend to replace them around that mark. Legal limits is 1.5mm(?), by then wet road grip is dreadful. I fit winter tyres every year, wonder how they deal with that?r

The brochure says:

*Retail customers only. Pricing based on
    3 years/30,000 miles (whichever occurs
    sooner). All pricing is a 'starting from'
    price for the Audi A6 model range and is
    therefore subject to change and mileage/
    model dependent.

So the price could increase because it's the most powerful model not the least and because the mileage could be higher.

Seems you would need a quote tailored to the particular model ( and maybe the wheel size?) and the anticipated mileage.

0 0 0

7. Re: Audi Complete + Tyres Servicing Pack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Found a link to more specific guidelines.

http://www.audi.co.uk/content/dam/au...conditions.pdf

Seems to says they are replaced at 2mm.

0 0 0

8. Re: Audi Complete + Tyres Servicing Pack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Also already have a quote as per my previous posts. Ie circa £1000 for the 3 years...

0 0 0

9. Re: Audi Complete + Tyres Servicing Pack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    The doc seems to state fair wear and tear which apparently means it could be checked against other similar models in their fleet. As I'm not exactly going to start doing doughnuts at the local tesco car park, I may through it into a few corners but nothing to drastic so I can't see why this shouldn't come under fair wear and tear. I would also expect to go through at least 1 full set of tyres in 30,000 miles.

0 0 0

10. Re: Audi Complete + Tyres Servicing Pack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I currently have the Complete + tyres on my A4 (2.0TFSI Quattro), and until recently was doing about 18k miles a year, and would have to say that I've definately had my moneys worth.
    Currently going through a set of 4 tyres in about 12k, plus had new set of front pads at 32k. Repairable punctures are covered. Tyres or punctures can be done at an Audi garage or any National tyres. I always go to National as they give me Conti's, whereas, Audi only ever offer offer the Dunlop's which I didn't really rate.
    The plan will allow tyre changes at anything below 3mm (at Audi finance discretion, but I'm on my 4th set and always been changed without issue between 2-3mm)
    I won't be renewing through as I have a set of my own winter tyres and am planning on keeping the car for a while so will be going fixed interval/indie servicing.
    Until recently the Audi Complete also included a 5 year warranty (still says so on some dealers sites) but was dropped about 2-3 months ago.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast