Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by owl1972 View Post
    Hi Chucky, how old is your A6? As soon as I picked my car up, when I got on the motorway for a short stretch, returning home from the dealer, I too noticed wind noise in my right ear and immediately went to shut the window. It was already up. I went back to the dealer a few days later, and I don't really know what they did, but they resolved it anyway.
    It's only 3 months old. Wish I knew what the dealer did. I'm loathe to bring it in to let them mess with it.

0 0 0

2. Re: Wind noise and mpg 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My A6 is 9 days old and touch wood (hairy) I have no problems with wind noise apart from the beans.............

0 0 0

3. Re: Wind noise and mpg 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chucky View Post
    Just did a 400 mile trip. Car was very comfortable except for the constant wind noise near my right ear - almost like the window was slightly open. The mpg overall was 39 at an average speed of 42mph.
    Sounds as if the door seal is not doing its job and leaving a small gap. Might be worth smearing some vaseline on the door where the seal should touch, shut the door and then open it. If the vaseline has not transferred onto the rubber seal evenly you will (hopefully) have your answer and the dealer should deal with it without any issue

0 1 0

4. Re: Wind noise and mpg 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsimcox View Post
    Sounds as if the door seal is not doing its job and leaving a small gap. Might be worth smearing some vaseline on the door where the seal should touch, shut the door and then open it. If the vaseline has not transferred onto the rubber seal evenly you will (hopefully) have your answer and the dealer should deal with it without any issue
    Thanks, I'll try that. Happy Easter!

0 0 0

5. Re: Wind noise and mpg 
    Wuffles Guest
    Right, turned the radio off today and I think I can understand what all the fuss is about with regard wind noise. Yes sounds like the window isn't fully shut, never heard it on the passenger side.

Avid followers of our cursed A6 may recall the drivers' door seal falling off the car onto Mrs Wuffles as she disembarked once upon a time, which was then given a clean bill of health by Bristol Audi, the seal, not Mrs Wuffles.

Anyone found out what the cause is and whether or not it's not listed as a "known" fault on their systems? Don't want them hooning around on motorways trying to replicate the sound.

0 0 0

6. Re: Wind noise and mpg 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    A6 is 10 days old - I don't think the wind noise is excessive however if I turn radio off then certainly at speed it's there. It's not however a problem for me as radio or iPod is almost 100% used.

What I would contribute though is in the 10 days I've had it Ive probably had to re-shut the drivers door a dozen or so times.... I even came back from a shopping trip to find it not closed (ergo not locked) properly as I obviously didn't check. It seems to not want to easily close and needs a heavy movement by me to ensure its closed? Possible seal problem there?
    2013 Ibis A6, 20" Arm Rotors, HUD, Colour DIS, AMI, Storage Pack & No Badges

0 0 0

7. Re: Wind noise and mpg 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    Chucky, had another thought on this. You don't by any chance have the 4 zone climate system do you? If so it may be that the vent in the B-Pillar is almost closed but not completely meaning the air is passing through a small gap and making a whistle. If you only have the standard 2-Zone system then it would not be the cause, as there is no B-Pillar vent. Also I assume you checked the window in the rear door is fully closed as well

0 0 0

8. Re: Wind noise and mpg 
    Wuffles Guest
    Mine's the 2 zone if it's any help.

0 0 0

9. Re: Wind noise and mpg 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for that and yes I do have the 4-zone. But I had checked that out and experimented with it open and shut. I also checked the rear windows. It definitely seems to me to be wind turbulance caused by the wing mirrors. How is your car re. wind noise at speeds above 60mph?

0 0 0

10. Re: Wind noise and mpg 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuffles View Post
    Mine's the 2 zone if it's any help.
    I know you have had many issues and you have my deepest sympathy. I hope you get a satisfactory result in the end.
    But how is your car re wind noise?

0 0 0

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast