Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c4a5er View Post
    It looks immaculate even with half the interior missing!
    Everytime I've gone through this it gets hoovered, elements cleaned/polished,etc ... I hate rattles noises so all screws, tapes,etc renewed... I've got a mini parts dept of clips and oddments in the garage ...

Quote Originally Posted by EssexGonzo View Post
    Aaaarghhhhhhhhh!!!!! Seeing a car like that anywhere other than on an assembly line sends shivers down my spine. ...
    LOL ... the first time I did this my derrière was really twitching thinking I've just paid £££ for car and I'm doing this to it ... like they say "the first step is always the hardest" after that it's all plain sailing...

Quote Originally Posted by MFGF View Post
    Gup, you have shown remarkable patience and tenacity in sorting out the issues with your car. You are an inspiration to everyone reading this thread, and I am in total awe of you!
    Thanks if it was not for all you guys/VWAF I would have ...

Now this guy has got gonads of steel ... Link:- Amar Akoya's A3 build (panoramic roof retrofit)

1 1 0

2. Re: The most Lemon Audi A6 Avant strikes again 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey Gup, what's happening, is Zesty all back together yet?

0 0 0

3. Re: The most Lemon Audi A6 Avant strikes again 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Yep on Monday@11pm all done ... had some large rain showers since then and all AOK! ... ...

I'm defo gonna do water sensing device... I know I've sealed floor and removed bungs on lower side but just want one...

2 2 0

4. Re: The most Lemon Audi A6 Avant strikes again 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gupsterg View Post
    Yep on Monday@11pm all done ... had some large rain showers since then and all AOK! ... ...

I'm defo gonna do water sensing device... I know I've sealed floor and removed bungs on lower side but just want one...
    well done Gups BTW how much do you charge for this service if needed
    A6 C6 Avant TDI, de-Badged, LED side lights, LED numberplate lights not just bulbs! so far!!

1 1 0

5. Re: The most Lemon Audi A6 Avant strikes again 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChA6dders View Post
    BTW how much do you charge for this service if needed
    Just please and thanks will do ... BTW I think we are due a meet up as well ...

0 0 0

6. Re: The most Lemon Audi A6 Avant strikes again 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yes mate defo busy busy with work this week then off up to Stoke but maybe a meet in the new year chew the fat and all that
    A6 C6 Avant TDI, de-Badged, LED side lights, LED numberplate lights not just bulbs! so far!!

0 1 0

7. Re: The most Lemon Audi A6 Avant strikes again 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Enjoy the break mate see you 2013 then! my line of work dies a death in Jan so good for me as well...

0 0 0

8. Re: The most Lemon Audi A6 Avant strikes again 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChA6dders View Post
    yes mate defo busy busy with work this week then off up to Stoke but maybe a meet in the new year chew the fat and all that
    Yay! You get to see me then you get to see Gup! This could be the start of a VWAF country-wide tour?

Safe travels! Hopefully see you Saturday!

MF.
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    Now: E 53 AMG 4MATIC
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 1 0

9. Re: The most Lemon Audi A6 Avant strikes again 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I know not great news but Fieldy has confirmed that his in-laws car suffered the same issue as mine...

Quote Originally Posted by fieldy View Post
    FYI father in laws A6 came back from dealer after 3 weeks with same diagnosis, floor bung cleared. So its not just your A6.
    The quote above is posted here link:- A6/C6 injector PROBLEM - Replacement/refurbished injectors possible? - Page 10

And his original info in post 121 of this thread Link:- The most Lemon Audi A6 Avant strikes again - Page 13

Quote Originally Posted by fieldy View Post
    Gup - interestingly i was talking to my father in law today who has a 55 3.0 tdi avant. Driving his made me buy mine. Anyway he spends a lot of time out of the country and crucially during this time his A6 has in recent times spent most of its time in the dealer with a re-occuring water issue.

This was originally interpreted by the dealer as the rear screen wash issue. Its now had 6 months of back and forward to the dealer and about 4 BT units. The dealer has even visited their house to see where they park it. They are stumped.

Just seems to be strikingly similar to your situation. Be interesting to see what they arrive at, but like you have surmised with your car i doubt the dealer is going to go into the depths you have.

0 0 0

10. Re: The most Lemon Audi A6 Avant strikes again 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hey Gup, sorry but I just came across this thread.......so sorry to hear of your troubles again, you're really going through the mill mate.

Had I saw it earlier I would have suggested a generous and liberal dosing with talcum powder ( especially as you had the interior removed ) then doing a garden hose test.
    Any water leaking in would and it would be instantly and easily traceable using this method.

On the plus side it looks like you have it beaten, fingers crossed for you.

All my best mate
    Last edited by JimC64; 02-01-2013 at 11:56 PM.

MY2008 (58) XJ X358 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign
    LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    MY2007 Audi A6 2.0 Tdi SE (BRE)
    176bhpStratos Blue.Front & Rear park assist,Comms Pack High,19" RS4 alloys,Rear tints,Dipped bulbs 80W,Mainbeams & Foglights 100W,Number plate LED's,Interior LED's

1 1 0

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast