Notices

User Tag List

Thread: I Want To Drive My Car At 150mph....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: I Want To Drive My Car At 150mph.... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1813 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UVB View Post
    limited by the wipers inability to clear rain above that...(Gallardo Spyder).
    The simple answer there would be to put the top down and drive Clarkson style with your eyes above the roof line, so enabling one to achieve 200mph in the rain, after all the Mk1 eyeball has a self cleaning device fitted which is unaffected by road speed.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

2. Re: I Want To Drive My Car At 150mph.... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I've always thought Top Gear should open their runway & track up to the public for regular days. See what your car's top speed is, get a lap time on the TG test track & maybe even hire the reasonably priced car to get your own time to compare to the celebrities. I'd go!

One thing about driving at 150mph though, consider your poor motor. I took my old Fiat Marea with it's 155bhp 2.0 20v five pot engine to it's top speed of 143/144 and it was never quite the same afterwards. It was slightly stuttery in a certain gear at certain speeds like I'd damaged an injector or one if the valves became sticky or something. Obviously yours being a completely different beast may make 150mph safe for it, but go in eyes wide open beforehand in terms of potential engine damage.
    The Only Way Is A6!
    A6 C7 Facelift Avant | Daytona Grey | S-Line Black Edition | 2016 | 3.0BiTDI 320ps | Tech Pack | Lighting Pack | Parking Pack | All LED Headlights | Sports suspension Heated Steering Wheel | Kessel a Run in under 10 parsecs

1 0 0

3. Re: I Want To Drive My Car At 150mph.... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brycie View Post
    I've always thought Top Gear should open their runway & track up to the public for regular days. See what your car's top speed is, get a lap time on the TG test track & maybe even hire the reasonably priced car to get your own time to compare to the celebrities. I'd go!
    Why would they
    when you and me will pay for them through our tv licence fee???

0 0 0

4. Re: I Want To Drive My Car At 150mph.... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Well apparently the reason they only make 8 episodes per series & not the usual 12+ is because of budget constraints. So maybe they do need to.

To be fair though AnAudiFan, you're thinking way too much about it, I was just gabbing. I thought it would be cool from a petrolhead's point of view, not laying out a business plan for the bbc . Actually the residents in Enstone wouldn't allow it anyway, TG have to keep to strict filming times to keep the locals happy as it is.
    The Only Way Is A6!
    A6 C7 Facelift Avant | Daytona Grey | S-Line Black Edition | 2016 | 3.0BiTDI 320ps | Tech Pack | Lighting Pack | Parking Pack | All LED Headlights | Sports suspension Heated Steering Wheel | Kessel a Run in under 10 parsecs

0 0 0

5. Re: I Want To Drive My Car At 150mph.... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Looks like they have gone & done it, you cou can now have a go at the TG test track.
    The Only Way Is A6!

1 1 0

6. Re: I Want To Drive My Car At 150mph.... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Looks like they have gone & done it, you cou can now have a go at the TG test track.
    sounds like all of my birthdays & christmas's have come at once
    defo need to have a go !!!

0 1 0

7. Re: I Want To Drive My Car At 150mph.... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    The Only Way Is A6!

0 2 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12