Notices

User Tag List

Thread: I Want To Drive My Car At 150mph....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. I Want To Drive My Car At 150mph.... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    ....and I want to experience it loosing grip on a wet surface and how it (and I!) handle understeer and oversteer...also I want to experience ABS from high speed....

and of course I want all this in a legal and safe environment with an expert to guide me.

I went to Mercedes-Benz UK - Driving Experiences - AMG Driving Experiences

and had fun in a C63 and it was very educational but nothing beats experiencing extreme situations in your own car under the guidance of an expert which could potentially end up one day saving your life.

Anybody gone down this slippery route or have any suggestions?

0 0 0

2. Re: I Want To Drive My Car At 150mph.... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Go to Germany and drive the Autobahn
    2006 (C6) A6 Avant SE. 3.0 TDI V6. Quattro. 6 Speed Manual. Adaptive Air Suspension.

0 1 0

3. Re: I Want To Drive My Car At 150mph.... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sweden without winter tyres!

0 0 0

4. Re: I Want To Drive My Car At 150mph.... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    RS4/RS6 Club track day?
    No risk crashing into them as they will be well upfront

0 0 0

5. Re: I Want To Drive My Car At 150mph.... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you had a Sprinter, I'd say try the M25 just like every other Sprinter driver.

As you've got an A6 try the Isle of Man, no limits there, except the edges of the island and the hard walls.

Considering selling my VCDS KEY-USB interface. If you're interested please contact me via PM or email.

0 2 0

6. Re: I Want To Drive My Car At 150mph.... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Doesn't Advanced Motoring courses include skidpans or is that just for professional driver training? That would tick the slippery conditions box at least.
    The Only Way Is A6!
    A6 C7 Facelift Avant | Daytona Grey | S-Line Black Edition | 2016 | 3.0BiTDI 320ps | Tech Pack | Lighting Pack | Parking Pack | All LED Headlights | Sports suspension Heated Steering Wheel | Kessel a Run in under 10 parsecs

1 0 0

7. Re: I Want To Drive My Car At 150mph.... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    The course at Mercedes Benz World...was fantastic and set out to cover the majority of hazards a driver could possibly encounter from sharp ovoidance turns with braking at high speed to maximum acceleration and braking....it really showed off the capabilities of a 6.3 litre 450bhp C class Mercedes!....

I think there could be a market for people to utilise such a track with professional instruction in their own cars...it would prove both fun and educational..

Hmmm just found this...

http://www.driverskills.com/shop/dri...rcuit-p-8.html

1 0 0

8. Re: I Want To Drive My Car At 150mph.... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1813 Post(s)
    A cheap and cheerful way to experience loss of car control is to fit Chinese tyres.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 6 0

9. Re: I Want To Drive My Car At 150mph.... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    The 'Autobahn' has Armco everywhere. You need an airfield with lots of run off. As Crasher commented try cheap tyres you be surprised what you can learn, particularly if you over inflate them. Regards Peter

0 0 0

10. Re: I Want To Drive My Car At 150mph.... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm with Peter; lots of run off so you can push the limits safely. Bedford Autodrome is probably one of the best places for this and there are various organisations that use it. Palmer Sport (or something like that) do various experiences there in their own range of cars and are excellent although pricey. I've done two full days at their Bruntingthorpe venue and that was the best time I've had in a track environment. Autocar used to run various events at Bedford where you could take your own car and they usually have instructors on hand. Likewise RMA who used to use that venue as well among others (probably still do but been a while since I knew that).

Then there are airfield days which are usually a little more chaotic and potentially damaging in the form of stonechips. Benefit of some of these can be the lengthy straights. RAF Marham (check dates at Pistonheads East Anglia forum) have the full length of their main runway...I managed an indicated 190mph there, limited by the wipers inability to clear rain above that...(Gallardo Spyder).
    2013 Mk7 Golf GT 2.0tdi DSG
    2005 A3 Sportback 2.0tdi Sport DSG
    Previous:
    2006 A6 Avant 3.0tdi Quattro Le Mans
    2004 A4 Avant 3.0 (petrol) Quattro Sport

1 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast