1. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 - Opinion & Problem Sharing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    S3, what a mint phone! Definitely better than Iphone. I am thinking of getting the new S4 active, any users on here?

0 0 0

2. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 - Opinion & Problem Sharing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brycie View Post
    ...I probably get 2 days standby betwen charges.
    When I got my A6 and discovered the phone holder in the armrest I dug out my old Nokia dumbphone to see if it fitted, which it did. I fully charged it and was toying with the idea of getting a SIM for it and using it as a dedicated carphone although I quickly decided against that. About 4 weeks after charging it I happened to turn it back on - it still had 50% charge! I had forgotten just how good those old phones were. If all you need is to make/receive calls and texts there is a lot to be said for a phone that lasts a week in normal usage and only needs charging every 6-8 weeks if you leave it off most of the time (although that does limit its usefulness as a phone of course )

0 0 0

3. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 - Opinion & Problem Sharing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    This is the trouble, people want long battery life & a million apps from a phone about the depth of a few sheets of paper. Wireless charging will hopefully be developed further.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    The Only Way Is A6!
    A6 C7 Facelift Avant | Daytona Grey | S-Line Black Edition | 2016 | 3.0BiTDI 320ps | Tech Pack | Lighting Pack | Parking Pack | All LED Headlights | Sports suspension Heated Steering Wheel | Kessel a Run in under 10 parsecs

0 0 0

4. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 - Opinion & Problem Sharing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This is the trouble, people want long battery life & a million apps from a phone about the depth of a few sheets of paper. Wireless charging will hopefully be developed further.

Wireless charging is an option on my Nexus 4. Far more effective though is a USB charger permanently plugged in on my desk at home. Another one on my desk at work. Another one in the car. Another one in the kitchen. Another one by the side of the bed. Oh, I also carry one in my laptop case just in case I get a low battery but still have a laptop with power

In fairness, it's mostly as a result of buying a number of USB charged phones over the last few years - I think I have only ever purchased 1 additional charger, the rest came with my/wife's phones over the years.

0 0 0

5. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 - Opinion & Problem Sharing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    That's a lot of USB's!!! Mind you, I wish I had that many, but we've only got usb charging phones recently. My S3 charger lasted about a month before developing a faulty connection.

The Only Way Is A6!
    A6 C7 Facelift Avant | Daytona Grey | S-Line Black Edition | 2016 | 3.0BiTDI 320ps | Tech Pack | Lighting Pack | Parking Pack | All LED Headlights | Sports suspension Heated Steering Wheel | Kessel a Run in under 10 parsecs

0 0 0

6. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 - Opinion & Problem Sharing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Having owned 2x iphones I moved to a Samsung S2 then an S3 mini and even a Samsung Tab2.0 7" and I can't see past Android.

You may like to have google chrome as your computer internet browser (instead of Microsoft internet explorer) if you run this on PC, it saves all your internet passwords and favorites so when youy use chrome on your Android device the history, favorites passwords are all there waiting for you. Google calender is good also.

I particularly like NOT having to use itunes anymore, the amount of time I wasted fixing mp3 duplicates created by having itunes on desktop & laptop.

My wife has an ipad and I never got to like it either. I don't see the point of paying a premium for a brand that is limiting.
    Garry.
    VW golf GTi 1991 8 valve 3 door
    Alfa Romeo Giulia 2021 2.0 Turbo petrol
    Gone 2010 A6 Quattro Le Mans S Line 3.0TDi - Remapped to 290BHP by e-maps.co.uk, money well spent

0 1 0

7. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 - Opinion & Problem Sharing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I was shopping around for my first ever smartphone a year or so ago & was quite open minded abut whether it would be an iphone, android, windows etc. So I wasn't biased at all. However, since owning an S3 & the Wife later getting an iPhone 5, I wouldn't cross over to Apple now. If wifey buys a song on itunes, she can't just use it as a ringtone, she has to buy it again specifically as a ringtone - I was gobsmacked by that, what a rip off. We also can't bluetooth from iphone to a non apple device (I've got around that with an app called Bump, mind you). It's just very limiting.

Another gripe is that we spent hours & hours transferring music from CD to itunes when we got an ipod a while ago. Now I have my S3, I can't tranfer that music from itunes to my S3 (or at least I can't figure out how), so I'll need to go through the whole thing again transferring from CD to another media player on my computer - oh joy! Mind you, even if I do transfer all my CD's onto my phone, I still won't be able to stream it to the car as I have a crap media system in the car that won't allow music streaming. Lol, I just can't win.
    The Only Way Is A6!

0 0 0

8. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 - Opinion & Problem Sharing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    . If wifey buys a song on itunes, she can't just use it as a ringtone, she has to buy it again specifically as a ringtone - I was gobsmacked by that, what a rip off.

Another gripe is that we spent hours & hours transferring music from CD to itunes when we got an ipod a while ago. Now I have my S3, I can't tranfer that music from itunes to my S3 (or at least I can't figure out how), so I'll need to go through the whole thing again transferring from CD to another media player on my computer - oh joy! Mind you, even if I do transfer all my CD's onto my phone, I still won't be able to stream it to the car as I have a crap media system in the car that won't allow music streaming. Lol, I just can't win.
    Not had iPhone for a year or so and it was jailbroken (100% for homebrew only NO PIRATED APPS!!!) so the ringtone was an easy workaround. But there is also an easy workaround for that too. Just google/youtube it.

What did you convert the cd's to when you ripped them to iTunes? If it was mp3 then surely you can just drag and drop them into your phone?

I recently replaced my girlfriends Samsung Galaxy Nexus with stock Android to an S3 PAYG as I saw zero incentives to buy an S4 sim free for well over £400. She doesn't hate it, but it's much slower than the Nexus with all the Samsung garbage TouchWiz injected into Android.

I left my iPhone 4S for the Nexus 4. Apart from the screen size, I miss my iPhone. I had no probs with iTunes tho, naming or otherwise, but also run an iMac so it just runs better on them anyway. Contract runs out when the 5S will be released, but I'm sick of paying £35 for txts and minutes I never use but love 3's totally unlimited data. Would love an HTC One but with stock Android but can only get those in the USA for now unless you root it.
    Audi A6 3.0TDi Quattro Le Mans '08

0 0 0

9. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 - Opinion & Problem Sharing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Oops, forgot to reply to this.

I'll sit down with the other half & youtube the process of saving music as ringtones on an iPhone.

Trying to muster up the motivation to work on this transferring music issue. I may just take the easy option & copy a few of my favourite CD's onto my computer under a different media player. Any suggestions as to which media player is best or the easiest way of transferring music from CD to S3?
    The Only Way Is A6!

0 0 0

10. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 - Opinion & Problem Sharing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    I assume your S3 has some sort of memory card in it?

Plug that not your computer and just drag and drop or if you have a USB lead for your phone, plug it in and it might pick it up as a mass storage device, again just drag an drop. Should be a Music or multimedia folder.

0 0 0

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast