Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,

I have been a long standing member of the fourm, although not a recent visitor due to not owning an Audi, but I have returned to ownership after buying myself a bit of a weekend toy.

I have just purchased a 95 2.8 quattro coupe and am absolutly smitten with it. I have a few questions if anyone can help me.

1. Does anyone know of a decent workshop, haynes type,manual as I am drawing a complete blank.
    2. Where is the fuel filter? I am servicing the car and cant seem to locate it!
    3. Finally I want to bleed the clutch as part of a brake fluid change, wheres the bleed nipple?

Not being familular with the car and having no manual, I am struggling to find my way arround. Any help would be appriciated.

0 0 0

2. Re: Coupe quattro questions. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Try Haynes manual but you will only get the edition for the previous model ( B3 COUPE) up to about 1991 and probably only good for 5 and 4 cylinder motors, though much of the car is very similar.Another print is Bentley, worth a search.
    Alternatively you might try the manual for the S2 Coupe, which although this car is a 5 cylinder turbo, it has the same quattro system as your 2.8.

Your fuel filter is on the underfloor of your car, positioned just forward of your rear axle on the right hand side of the car.
    I have recently done the fuel filter on my 2.6 v6 coupe (1996) and my sons' 2.3 5 cylinder coupe (1991) and it is in the same position.
    Clutch bleed point, dunno
    Good luck

Stuart
    A6 2.4 SE (2000)S3 1.8T (2001)80 Coupe 2.3 (1991)
    A3 1.8T sport (1997)A4 3.0 QST (2002)
    80 Coupe 2.6S (1995)A4 Cab 2.4 sport (2002) Another 2.6 '95 coupe in byzanz purple
    '88 type 89 90 saloon kv 5 pot A4 1.8T 2001

0 0 0

3. Re: Coupe quattro questions. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As above use Bently manual or google ELSA which is the factory repair software beware cheap virus ridden versions from auction sites...

Also see:

12v Pages - Home

And these 2 have lots of relevant info, along with lots that is not!

20v.org

SJM Autotechnik, Audi Technical Service Repair Information

The clutch slave cylinder is mounted pretty much on top of the gearbox, it should have a bleed nipple. If you can't see/get to it you may need to drop the gearbox mounts and engine front snub mount (if it has one?) to get better access?
    2001 Passat estate Sport tdi 130hp
    2001 Passat Sport tdi 130hp
    1990 Audi coupe 20v x 2

0 0 0