Notices

User Tag List

Thread: clutch judder in first gear on take off

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Re: clutch judder in first gear on take off 
    jbanfie Guest
    Dare I mention the murky world of the dual mass fly wheel?

Dual Mass Flywheel (DMF) Description and Function - AudiWorld Forums

Such devices are know to have a wealth of problems, but I personnally have no experience.

If I was in your position I would want to know is the car has one, which is doubtless does, and I would want it replaced FOC to see if that is the problem - but as that is probably a big job, they ain't gonna want to do it.

As MFGF says - good luck indeed.

0 0 0

2. Re: clutch judder in first gear on take off 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Simply mention the clutch slips and you may find they will replace it under goodwill policy not warranty !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dmf warranty rejection is very high and in my experience rarely fail so as the warranty dept have stepped up dmf inspection on return, dealers are now more accurate in there diagnosis due to rejected claims.
    Warranty will not cover the clutch unless its consequential but goodwill policy allows the dealer to self authorise the part replacement if you get my drift

I must admit the number of new a4 clutch failure is very high indeed compared to b7 a4 and new a6 seems ok so far

So either you lot can't drive hahahahahaha or the modern day stop start traffic is to much for this new set up

My B6 went at 115000 miles post remap and I drive it hard or did until I attended my speed awareness course but that's another story

To add, I still have the original dmf fitted

0 0 0

3. Re: clutch judder in first gear on take off 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dandam View Post
    Mine is going back to Birmingham Audi on Wednesday 8th and they are going to look again, I will let you know.....
    Was in Audi yesterday, goes back on monday 20th for a new clutch to be fitted.....
    Current - 2002 Audi A6 2.5TDi Avant quattro (loved), 2012 Ford S Max 2.2 tdci Titanium X (serves a purpose), 1983 VW Golf GTI campaign (loved)
    Previous - 2007 Volvo XC90 D5 SE Lux (gone, hated), 2002 Audi A3 1.9TDi Sport quattro (gone, liked and missed), 2011 Audi A6 2.0TDi SE (gone, loved and missed), 2007 Audi A6 2.0TDi SE (gone thankfully), 1999 Audi A6 2.5TDi quattro (gone, loved and missed)

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dandam View Post
    Was in Audi yesterday, goes back on monday 20th for a new clutch to be fitted.....
    Great result!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    Now: E 53 AMG 4MATIC
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

5. Re: clutch judder in first gear on take off 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I know, Birmingham Audi for once were very helpful. Hopefully it will solve the problem but I will keep everyone updated.....
    Current - 2002 Audi A6 2.5TDi Avant quattro (loved), 2012 Ford S Max 2.2 tdci Titanium X (serves a purpose), 1983 VW Golf GTI campaign (loved)
    Previous - 2007 Volvo XC90 D5 SE Lux (gone, hated), 2002 Audi A3 1.9TDi Sport quattro (gone, liked and missed), 2011 Audi A6 2.0TDi SE (gone, loved and missed), 2007 Audi A6 2.0TDi SE (gone thankfully), 1999 Audi A6 2.5TDi quattro (gone, loved and missed)

0 0 0

6. Re: clutch judder in first gear on take off 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Just had the clutch slave cylinder replaced under an Audi recall notice. Apparent there is a risk of a seal splitting and letting in air. Not very happy though as the replacement has been very poorly adjusted and it will have to go back. The clutch bite in on the floor and the first few inches when pressing the clutch feel spongy and no resistance. Very easy to stall the car now. You would have thought they would have test driven the car after such work has been undertaken. Not sure if the recall could be related to the clutch judder being reported here as I am no mechanic.
    A4 B9 (2018) S-Line Avant 2.0 TDi 190 S-Tronic, Quattro, Daytona Grey, Full Leather, Privacy Glass, MMI Plus, Extended Lighting Pack, Towbar

0 0 0

7. Re: clutch judder in first gear on take off 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Dandam - did the replacement clutch resolve the issue? Mine is no better and its done 41000miles - it really takes the edge off the car - almost to the point where I wouldnt have another - shame really. I'm going to have another go at Stoke Audi to see if they do something - if not might try Audi UK.......

0 0 0

8. Re: clutch judder in first gear on take off 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Supertapemike View Post
    Hi Dandam - did the replacement clutch resolve the issue? Mine is no better and its done 41000miles - it really takes the edge off the car - almost to the point where I wouldnt have another - shame really. I'm going to have another go at Stoke Audi to see if they do something - if not might try Audi UK.......
    Yes, the car has done about 5000 miles now on the new clutch and the car is now perfect. Hopefully you will get some success.....

0 0 0

9. Re: clutch judder in first gear on take off 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I too now have a clutch judder on my 2009 Q5 35k miles - have just got back from the alps where I parked on a very steep drive to load up the car. On trying to reverse back up the ramp the car slipped forward - the clutch was slipping and soon the cabin filled up with clutch burning fumes!! Luckily there were some helpful french men and with my two beefy boys pushing we were able to get it back up the ramp but by this time the smell of burning clutch was all over the mountain!! Now there is a judder om 1st take off where I'm sure there wasn't one before. maybe I need a new clutch - is it possible to burn one out that quickly?? Presumably won't be covered under my approved used Audi warranty??

0 0 0

10. Re: clutch judder in first gear on take off 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just to update everybody, the car now has 48,000 miles and I booked it into the garage last week for the clutch judder investigation and also air con fix as the passenger side blows warm air when the drivers is cold - to get it to blow cold it has to be on 16 degrees! - the air con has a software fix and now its better.

The clutch was tested by a mastertech who couldnt find anything wrong - but as it was driven into the workshop for the air con fix it juddered - the gearbox was taken out and the slave cylinder was seen to have leaked and also gearbox oil had leaked into the clutch causing the symptoms - slave cylinder sorted and new full clutch and now its fine - first time with no judder since almost new, now feels like a different car.

I understand there is a seal/bung on the input shaft that can come out allowing gearbox oil to leak into the clutch - this is what happened to mine - apparantly it also happens to A4 and A5's.....hope it helps

0 0 0

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast