Notices

User Tag List

Thread: How do I solve creaky clutch pedal?

1. How do I solve creaky clutch pedal? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Hi all,

Now the warm weather's set in, my clutch pedal has started to creak every time I depress and release it, which happened in warm weather last year too. Can I just spray some WD40 up there or will that cause any problems?

Any advice would be much appreciated. I've only just sorted the bulbs in the rear cluster so it doesn't beep at me 5 times every time I turn on the ignition. All I want is a nice quiet car that doesn't beep at me or creak when I drive it lol. I can put up with the buzzing noise from the panel under the steering wheel at low revs & the noisy steering wheel slip ring, but the creaky clutch is really annoying.

Thanks in advance guys.
    The Only Way Is A6!
    A6 C7 Facelift Avant | Daytona Grey | S-Line Black Edition | 2016 | 3.0BiTDI 320ps | Tech Pack | Lighting Pack | Parking Pack | All LED Headlights | Sports suspension Heated Steering Wheel | Kessel a Run in under 10 parsecs

0 0 0

2. Re: How do I solve creaky clutch pedal? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Plastilube?? when done brakes used it, quite thick non drip grease

Attachment 16808

In first line of PDF they highlight "devoid of metallic soap or fatty acids" so there your clutch pedal won't even gain weight...

Quote Originally Posted by Brycie View Post
    I can put up with the buzzing noise from the panel under the steering wheel at low revs
    check out post 26 here https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/s...rattling/page3 this solved my rattle/buzz from steering wheel area.... luckily my ring isn't noisy yet!! but my chain rattles...

1 0 0

3. Re: How do I solve creaky clutch pedal? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Thank you very much Gup, I shall be going out to the car in 5 minutes to check out the rattle, because that's exactly where it sounds like it's coming from.
    Fingers crossed you've hit the nail on the head there. Will report back after I've taken it for a drive.

Thanks again, I'll give plastilube a go then. I just didn't want to apply anything that would affect the mechanical movement of the pedal so I wanted to check with more knowledgable folk like yourself first.
    The Only Way Is A6!
    A6 C7 Facelift Avant | Daytona Grey | S-Line Black Edition | 2016 | 3.0BiTDI 320ps | Tech Pack | Lighting Pack | Parking Pack | All LED Headlights | Sports suspension Heated Steering Wheel | Kessel a Run in under 10 parsecs

0 0 0

4. Re: How do I solve creaky clutch pedal? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Knowledge not me mate, I'm just a family man with a estate... LOL

0 0 0

5. Re: How do I solve creaky clutch pedal? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    So far so good on the buzzing noise from under the steering wheel above my shins/knees. I pulled out the rake adjustment handle as suggested & pushed it back in firmly (there doesn't seem to be any middle ground on this, it's either fully in or fully out and nothing in between) and so far, I've not heard the noise since.

I looked on Google for plastilube stockists & I'm quite taken aback by the price for a little tube. That will have to wait til next month methinks, but thanks for your help identifying the steering rake buzz.
    The Only Way Is A6!

0 0 0

6. Re: How do I solve creaky clutch pedal? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Got mine from Audi dealer P/N: 111 999 319 description on invoice AA3 PLASTILUBE price £3.99 (35ml)....

Alternative is Pagid Cera-Tec 75ml (Brake pad anti-squeal paste) £3.71 from Eurocarparts P/N:526770250...

What prices you seen??

Unfortunately steering adjustment locking only off/on... another mod to that adjustment handle can be to add fabric tape to its back/side surfaces...

1 0 0

7. Re: How do I solve creaky clutch pedal? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I did a Google search for it & could only find the 35ml for between £21 and £45 with shipping . I'll get myself down to Audi with that part number then, £3.99 is more in line with what I was expecting to pay. Good idea about putting something around the edges of the rake handle by the way, I shall keep that in mind if the buzz returns, thanks Gup.
    The Only Way Is A6!

0 0 0

8. Re: How do I solve creaky clutch pedal? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brycie View Post
    £21 and £45
    that got be the Bill Gates version...

0 0 0

9. Re: How do I solve creaky clutch pedal? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Yeah I reckon so, you'd need to have his salary to be daft enough to buy it at that price anyway. Try it though, type Plastilube into Google & press the shopping link on the left.
    The Only Way Is A6!

0 0 0