1. ECU Remapping 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    With my A6 only being a 2.0lt TDI and some reviews state that they are grossy under powered, I might be looking at having the ECU remapped for abit more power ...Anyone had this done..

Bluefin superchips are offering it for 455 so that must be the hand held unit and the remapped file, which would be ideal for when the car goes in for service someone might set the ECU back to the orginal values so plugging in the bluefin again wouldnt be an issue.

Or the other alternative is to get a compnay called Chiptuners that will do the remap for 235... and should the ECU get reset then they will replace the file once free of charge... but then 50 per time

Now my question to you all ... this VAG Com... does it have the orginal Audi A6 ECU maps or if the ECU was already chipped would it save the new settings ? so that should it get reset by a main line dealer or independant garage, I could simply remap it from the VAG Com

Any thoughts guys

0 0 0

2. Re: ECU Remapping 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    JIMC64 had his 140 remapped, to I think around the 170 mark.

We have a good directory of sponsors on VWAF who deal in remaps, have a look here https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/f...-Site-Sponsors

Vagcom (vcds) cant do anything related to remaps but sometimes if the car gets a software upgrade at the dealer, it will wipe the map and it will have to be redone or reinstalled.

0 0 0

3. Re: ECU Remapping 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had mine done from 140 to 180 ish...made the workd of difference. Was a custom map that cost me £250 from Storm Developments near reading.

0 0 0

4. Re: ECU Remapping 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Have a serch for a Alientech powergate tool its similar to the bluefin I think. Just done my 2.7quattro. I got 2 maps ecconomy and power. The machine keeps your original aswell so you can switch back and forwards. On my ecconomy map i'm now getting an extra 180mile per tank. Only cost £275. cheers

1 0 0

5. Re: ECU Remapping 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I purchased the V-switch from Viezu, one of the sponsors of the forum, and just recently they sent me an update which was very kind of them. The system sounds similar to the Alientech, whereby you receive a box that can upload new programs and then download the chosen one to the ECU, choosing from economy, power or a mixture, plus retaining a copy of the original. Its very simple to use and I reckon I'm getting 12% better economy plus its sharper, more responsive.

2012 VW CC 2.0 TDi

1 0 0

6. Re: ECU Remapping 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks guys

Thats the sort of thing Im looking for ......a hand held unit that I can remap when ever I want weather it be power or fuel saving....

0 0 0

7. Re: ECU Remapping 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    I forgot, but what year is your car Swampey?

0 0 0

8. Re: ECU Remapping 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    2008 Why ????? was looking at a new one from Audi earlier

0 0 0

9. Re: ECU Remapping 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    You should be fine as 2009 onwards cars need the ecu removed and the chip modified.

0 0 0

10. Re: ECU Remapping 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A6_Chris View Post
    You should be fine as 2009 onwards cars need the ecu removed and the chip modified.
    My 2009 2.0 tdi is mapped without any issues. I doesn't have the tri lock ecu. Makes a nice difference plus better economy. Don't touch the blue fin. I tried it and the gains are poor and it didn't feel much different. Go with a custom map if possible. Try shark performance, he gets great reviews
    VW CC GT 177 DSG

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast