1. Re: iphone fix for 2012 and data sim fix 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I don't want to be pulling cards out of phone and back again either. The 12x1Gb sim seems like the way to go. Thanks for the advice.

0 0 0

2. Re: iphone fix for 2012 and data sim fix 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hopgop View Post
    Scotty, I'm in exactly the same boat. 2014 MY car about to be ordered in my case./ IPhone 5/ tech pack. I believe from research - Mainly on this forum, Audi's knowledge in general about this is patchy to say the least! The best way forward appears to be separate sim in dash on either a pay as you go unlimited contract. or the option I'm intending is a one off yearly paid for sim with 12x1GB. Seems that option will work best in my opinion. Pulling the sim out every time I got in/ out of my car wasn't a viable option, not to me anyway. New car's appear to be better sorted in that the dash sim will no longer take precedence over your phone. I am totally no expert, however if I'm wrong someone will put us both straight I'm sure!

Just as a little side issue. I have only just found out two things. Audi still haven't released an IPhone 5 cradle that works with Bluetooth prep high/low. This to me was entirely the reason why I embarked on a big fact finding mission. My hope was rather than somehow just leaving my phone rattling around in the armrest holder. I wanted to actually plug my phone into a cradle. This then both charges and utilises the external aerial on the car giving hopefully better reception. However...... IPhones no matter how they are plugged in, or to whatever interface you choose do not have an antenna connection anywhere at all !! The whole premise of me not liking the basic Bluetooth connection was flawed from the start. Oh well!
    The 3 SIM is a 12GB 12 month sim, not a 12x1GB SIM. Maybe that is what you meant anyway.

Regarding the antenna, I guess the dash SIM uses the antenna if you want to go down that route. Prep high does not have cradle support (I guess they assume you will use the dash SIM). If you get AMI (included in the tech pack) you get an iphone connector / charger lead in the armrest but no cradle. You could always make one

*edit just to be clear this refers to MY14*
    Audi A6 (C7) 3.0 TDI S Line Quattro 245 Daytona Grey Sep 2013 -
    Audi A4 (B8) 2.0 TDI SE 143 Lava Grey 2008 - 2013

0 0 0

3. Re: iphone fix for 2012 and data sim fix 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by belly buster View Post
    The 3 SIM is a 12GB 12 month sim, not a 12x1GB SIM. Maybe that is what you meant anyway.

Regarding the antenna, I guess the dash SIM uses the antenna if you want to go down that route. Prep high does not have cradle support (I guess they assume you will use the dash SIM). If you get AMI (included in the tech pack) you get an iphone connector / charger lead in the armrest but no cradle. You could always make one

*edit just to be clear this refers to MY14*
    But currently no dedicated AMI cable for iPhone 5 Lightening connector. Need to use Apple adaptor to connect to AMI (to get AMI functionality) or use 12v socket in the armrest with suitable USB power plug to just charge phone

0 0 0

4. Re: iphone fix for 2012 and data sim fix 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not too bothered about a cradle, the phone takes its chances in the glove box like everything else rolling around in there. It would have been nice to simply climb into the car and just have it and phone go 'bing', especially with such a prolific manufacturer as VW Group with one of the most popular brands of phone on the planet but C'est le vie. For a minimal outlay it is get roundable and still keep the iphone (I'm too old and set in my ways to have a go with something else and for business regardless of what the Blackberryites say they are fantastic).

Genuinely helpful advice in here that has helped me sort this out before I had to wrestle with the problem when the car had arrived, I should be all set, stick the new sim in the dash and with luck will be off.

0 0 0

5. Re: iphone fix for 2012 and data sim fix 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Great Scotty. Let me know how you get on when you collect your new baby.

0 0 0

6. Re: iphone fix for 2012 and data sim fix 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just thought I'd share and bring an update to this issue, Audi have resolved it in the form of a MMI Firmware update simultaneous data sim and bluetooth connectivity now natively supported, follow the link to my post.

0 0 0

7. Re: iphone fix for 2012 and data sim fix 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mines in today for the update to the latest "777", however I don't believe its "native" as it still needs the VCDS to enable the hidden MMI menu and fiddle in there before it will work?

So getting the firmware updated seems to be only half the battle.

Enabling the eng menu and accidentally killing the MMI while fiddling does worry me a little I must admit.
    Black A6 2012 S-Line 245 - HUD / MMI High / Phone High / Advanced Key / Parking Camera / 75 LTR Tank / Ambient Lighting / 20" Rotor`s / Privacy Glass

0 0 0

8. Re: iphone fix for 2012 and data sim fix 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I can confirm this works great now, got both mine connected!

Thanks,

Aidan
    Black A6 2012 S-Line 245 - HUD / MMI High / Phone High / Advanced Key / Parking Camera / 75 LTR Tank / Ambient Lighting / 20" Rotor`s / Privacy Glass

0 0 0

9. Re: iphone fix for 2012 and data sim fix 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I can also confirm that this fix works! I have asked my official dealer to do it - I have shown them this forum and they were able to activate it. Many many thanks for this! I can finally fully use my data SIM and access point!

0 0 0

10. Re: iphone fix for 2012 and data sim fix 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Epsom Audi installed this update without a murmur. I haven't checked that it works, as I now have a Samsung with RSAP, but the software has clearly been changed as some of the menu items are different.

But there was never any question of having to "persuade" Epsom Audi. I asked, they asked for the part number, I gave it (thanks to this forum) and they fitted it FOC. End of story.

A6 SE Estate 3.0 TDi with no style but loads of gizmos

0 0 0

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast