Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Injector recall - yes this is really happening at last!!

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Injector recall - yes this is really happening at last!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    two injectors went on me xmas 2010 so i replaced both bought one in the uk from a garage that had a spare one and the other here in ireland off the local vw dealer, that was grand they all worked fine but was out of pocket almost £2000, so last week rang up the dealer looking for a paint stick for a few touch up marks and they said the car was needed for a recall on the 4 injectors to be repkaced. so booked in for this morning to get the two other ones replaced that were ok at the time, they will refund me for the injector bought through them but will not refund me for the one that was bought in the uk or even replace it as i dont have a genuine recpit for it even though they fitted both for me at the time there now saying the one i bought in the uk is a suprourious injector even though at the time they said i couldnt get one that it had to be a genuine part, i think its wrong and i should be refunded for both instead of one!!!

0 0 0

2. Re: Injector recall - yes this is really happening at last!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    57 2.0 140bhp passat diesel,
    Last bank Holiday I was driving down the A1 towing my caravan when the engine died, i tried to pull over blocking the inside lane. Highways found me 30 mins later, they closed one of the two lanes down while recovery came and towed my car and another van towed my caravan to safety. It was very heavy rain and caused an hour tail back, i have never been as scared expecting a 40 ton wagon to hit me at any minute.

I have had no recall letter because i don't service my car at VW after having my handbrake "fixed" 3 times and it still doesn't work properly that's another story. The recovery truck man had to disconnect the battery in order to wipe the sensor so the handbrake would release because it was jammed on again.
    VW would not collect my car from my home, i paid for that they didn't mention a curiosity car but they said they will replace the injectors FOC but not the cost of the diagnostic check at £85.
    Before this VW I owned a KIA for 5 years and have to say they are are much quicker to act and their cars seem more reliable. Lets hope the good work of this forum can get the handbrakes recalled for the updated pull button version on the new models.

0 0 0

3. Re: Injector recall - yes this is really happening at last!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi - just bought a 2004 VW Touran 2.0 TDI Sport with 97k on a AZV engine with 6 speed manual gearbox - now getting terrible starting problems when cold (was warm when viewed/tested!!), flats spots when driving, gentle judder when stationary at junctions? Rang VW UK Support Desk yesterday about any outstanding recalls that might affect the car and explained my current symptoms and they said only the 170 TDI was subject to an injector recall? Where do I go now, friend recently had his 140 TDI Passat injectors done on recall (it was a 2006 model mind?) any suggestions please?

0 0 0

4. Re: Injector recall - yes this is really happening at last!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    The AZV is not subject to the problem so I suggest you start with a fault code read. If no codes are stored there is a known issue with the starter motor cranking speed being too low.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: Injector recall - yes this is really happening at last!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I got the recall letter last month and the week after I had a total failure whilst nailing it up the A590 in the lake district
    Had it plugged in at my cousins garage (when the RAC finally got us home) to make sure it was the injectors
    Got it picked up and dropped off at the local VW dealer and it was done in three days

I do feel extremely sorry for all the people who have had the job done before the recall
    But I was so relieved when I found out that the injectors had failed and I had that letter in my hand

0 0 0

6. Re: Injector recall - yes this is really happening at last!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NOSNI View Post
    Well I bit the bullet and paid a visit to my local VW Dealer ,Halifax Volkswagen. The staff there couldn`t have been more helpful. Within 60 seconds of taking my registration number they confirmed that it was on recall and it is now booked in for the 28th. They will give me a courtesy car for the duration. Thank you to the forum for pointing out the problem.
    Since taking it in for new injectors/loom ,I`ve had one injector fail . Now replaced so let`s see what happens now. Getting very nervous
    2.0 TDI Executive Saloon 64 Plate 12.5K miles

0 0 0

7. Re: Injector recall - yes this is really happening at last!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Just bought a Passat, how do I identify it should be included with this recall?
    Passat 2.0 TDI Sport 5dr Estate (170PS) 3C5 M6F CBBB (Sold 08/04/2019)
    Polo 1.2 TSI 77 kW (105PS) A05 6R1 4F2 (Mk5) M6F CBZB

If you post for help please close the loop and post how you finally solved the problem.

0 0 0

8. Re: Injector recall - yes this is really happening at last!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    Ring your local dealer and ask them.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

9. Re: Injector recall - yes this is really happening at last!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pebble29 View Post
    two injectors went on me xmas 2010 so i replaced both bought one in the uk from a garage that had a spare one and the other here in ireland off the local vw dealer, that was grand they all worked fine but was out of pocket almost £2000, so last week rang up the dealer looking for a paint stick for a few touch up marks and they said the car was needed for a recall on the 4 injectors to be repkaced. so booked in for this morning to get the two other ones replaced that were ok at the time, they will refund me for the injector bought through them but will not refund me for the one that was bought in the uk or even replace it as i dont have a genuine recpit for it even though they fitted both for me at the time there now saying the one i bought in the uk is a suprourious injector even though at the time they said i couldnt get one that it had to be a genuine part, i think its wrong and i should be refunded for both instead of one!!!
    Hi there what engine do you have as I am haveing priblems with my a4 and I think it could be the faulty injectors?

0 0 1

10. Re: Injector recall - yes this is really happening at last!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by irapaka View Post
    Hi there what engine do you have as I am haveing priblems with my a4 and I think it could be the faulty injectors?
    Hi irapaka, I have the 2lt, 170bhp, A4 07 plate. Although I did not have problems with the injectors before replacement but must admit I have seen a reasonable improvement in MPG since they have been replaced from around 37mpg to now were I regularly see mid 40 mpg. Plenty of other faults with the car since new but that is another story.

0 0 0

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast