I recently purchased (Jan 11) S line 143 from Macclesfield Audi (Inchcape group) with 35k on the clock, registered Aug 2008. It has now done 38 k , so I have added 3000 miles.
The problems I have encountered since owning the car are as follows:-

New clutch and flywheel fitted.
NSF wheel bearing replaced.
Both front steering ball joints replaced.
Steering intermediate shaft.
Sub woofer replaced.

All this work has been carried out under warranty by my local Audi dealership - Lincoln (JCT600)
The car is again returning to the dealers on Tuesday due to still having problems with the steering ( immediatley pulling to the left and stiff/ heavier steering than normal).
This was confirmed with the lead tech who test drove the car last week after replacing the steering intermediate shaft.

The car was an approved used Audi with 145 point check prior to sale .... yeah right.

I have lost all confidence in the car now, my warranty runs until Jan 2012.

My questions are:

Would Audi give me information on the previous history of the car, parts replaced in the past, or if the car had been in an accident - front end ?
(even wondering if the 38k miles is genuine !)

What are the chances of Macclesfield Audi or Inchcape group buying the car back for a fair price against another A4 (MY2010), considering the problems I have had with the vehicle.

I recently contacted another Audi dealership regarding a MY2010 model (£20,500) and was offered 12.5k on mine ! *Seven *months ownership , 3k miles,*lost £5.5 k and spent most of the time in the dealers.

My previous car was a TT 225 bhp which I owned for 9 years which was a superb car with very little problems, which is why I wanted to stick with Audi *but now having second thoughts....

Many thanks in advance,